It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Charlatans, shysters and fraudsters thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well , one or two on this thread actually know a thing or two.

There are plenty of charlatans as well as plenty of pseudo skeptics. Btw, How many on here have actually been in a DUMB working on a SAP? Then you would know who is potentially a legit information provider or a fraud.

For the record, the one that is influencing the narrative the most is probably Greer. The reporters and documentarians, not so much. The rest of you like to pick on Lazar too much. You have all the answers.
a reply to: kwakakev

edit on 18-9-2023 by play4keeps because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2023 by play4keeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Lloyd Pye. I did the original forensic reconstruction on the “Starchild Skull” before the History Channel, and that group made a circus of it. I have the emails from Lloyd and his “Investors” telling me that it didn’t look alien enough, as I used Human Eyes to give it a more Hybridized look. What they wanted was a straight up Grey.

Funny thing. They even used my original video as the basis and foundation for the work done by the Special Effects guy whose claim to fame was the original “Swamp Thing”.

That being said, I will never forget or forgive the bull# that he, and his clown posse put me through.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dude, you have zero clue what Grusch is about , who is tasking him, what he can say or not say , and the risks he is taking. a reply to: kwakakev

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Interesting. I had always had mixed opinions about him. a reply to: Fairtrade141

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

Do you know about this as a fact Play4keeps? Or are you basing your thoughts on assumption? Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: play4keeps
Dude, you have zero clue what Grusch is about , who is tasking him, what he can say or not say , and the risks he is taking. a reply to: kwakakev

What 'risks' is he taking? I don't see any at all. He has given nothing of substance and has now firmly established himself on the eternal disclosure gravy train.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I thought he was legit, but he was too obsessed with his narrative, that he knew the truth and Sitchin and you know the drill. Nibiru and stuff. Nibiru never was.
a reply to: Fairtrade141

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Lazar, I like his early work when he was young, naive and optimistic. Once he started to get popular it stirred up the counter intelligence campaign and got muddy.

Greer, he has taken point in trying to unite witnesses and help congress find some way through this mess. With those that hate Greer it does give the impression they are happy with the current status quo on the disclosure topic. I know he ain't perfect, but he has done a lot in working through the practical issues around disclosure.

Grusch, has put himself out there, people have died for less. As for how accurate it is i don't know. As for the kind of things one will find taking off the disclose blanket, seams reasonable.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The only motivation I can see for a community to commit the energy required for a project like the Giza Pyramids is to leave a mark for where they are from.

Lets say you just arrived on a new planet with a colony ship. There is going to be all kinds of cool tools in the workshop to get you that far. What kind of thing would you build to be a reminder that survives the test of time? The design fits perfect, along with much other of its engineering details. In time the expertise to fix those cool tools was lost, but a lot of its architectural style and culture remained. Is that Ark still humming away somewhere?

Personally? Grown buildings that'll stand the test if time. Something that is 100% replicable in nature but absolutely constructed by intelligent means. Think crystal palace built by geothermal processes or the likes. In other words an example of knowledge that unmistakably exemplifies understanding beyond anything on offer. The Egyptians didn't necessarily do that with the Pyramids, even if it wasn't the Egyptians that built them they are capable of being understood by humans. Other civilisations demonstrated similar capabilities when it comes to astronomy and construction.

The one that worries me, what is going on with the collective consciousness for the Klingon language to emerge? Is this some kind of heads up that it is a jungle out there for any to get involved in space travel?

Who knows?

Maybe it's just us beyond the projection? I'm doubtful of that and I don't discount the potential of faith and all that manifestation malarkey. For me the constellations, constructions, stories and faith only ever made sense when I fundamentally understood the earth's movements in relation to the stars and celestial bodies, earlier cultures were built around either navigation or calender keeping. The Pleiades is ½ of the ecliptical golden gate with the other half being Hyades. All the planets pass through this "gate" including the moon although the moon deviates a lot. My point being with that is all the buildings of the past, all the alignments and "time keeping" skills point to a 100% human origin when it comes to culture and understanding.

I'd have a similar line if reasoning with technology too. Maybe the origins of our knowledge isn't rooted in navigation or time keeping just like say the origins of the transistor didn't come from a happy mistake or a fundamental understanding of physics. The input could be alien... In the end it becomes human. It's that whole input and output of data thing and it needs to be computed into human understanding. When I really think about that I end up wondering if that's why threads like this exist or the whole of ufology in general.

Demanding nuts and bolts from mere ideas and concepts. I say mere because science will always scoff at works of cultural faith and again if you go asking an aboriginal Australian who knows their history and culture about aliens and constellations in the sky then they may feel inclined to correct you on their own beliefs. I'd imagine that's a similar process throughout the ages and cultures too.

Do you know what I'm getting at with all this? I find it fascinating why some jump to aliens or even angels and demons. Anyways my hat goes off to anyone trying to be objective in the world of ufology. It takes something special to remain objective without being dismissive. They must know 99% of it is bs and the rest is well, alarming. I mean people suspect governments know and have knew the reality for a long time yet the public has some amazing tech at their hands and we're still scratching our heads. I mean my own government says "UFOs" pose no significant threat to airspace... I cannot fathom how they know a UFO doesn't have Russian markings on the side. Beyond that? Who knows...

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The input could be alien... In the end it becomes human

With some of the stories around Nicola Tesla, he got some help from somewhere with his inventions and mastery of electricity. Maybe it was his dreams, maybe something more physical. Hard to be certain so long ago but there was something very special about this man and his influence on society.

Mudfossil University does present some out there, but also compelling evidence when looking at the prehistoric state of things. With some architectural sites using bigger and bigger blocks the older you get it does present a strong case of giants in the past.

Unlit a clearer picture of the state of life in this galaxy develops, terms like angles and demons keeps things simple for now.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The words genie/genius comes to mind with people like Tesla and the Greeks did have their Muses too. Lots to ponder when it comes to personifying phenomena and it's why I'm not so quick to dismiss things I'd term as works of faith.

Giants are an interesting one and giants are usually revered in history, their was a couple buried on hills near me.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Some form of human has made tools for 2.1 million years last I checked and it looks like the ability to construct is to be pushed back too. Once upon a time multiple forms of human could have been constructing. Who knows what our ancestors and others got up to and the fact is we're very good at recycling. Clues to the past are going to be difficult to find outside of ceremonial burials and areas that naturally preserve.

Non of that points to aliens as many attempt to portray though. Let's face it many wish to paint ufology in their own image and when we really consider phenomena of any kind with regards to culture isn't it true that we often find ourselves drifting way outside of the tradition extraterrestrial hypothesis? In short it's aliens that are new not the phenomena. Speaking from a metaphysical aspect that's always been the role of "muses" to inspire, create and push the boundary of the known.

Angels and demons is duality, it gets you so far in understanding but it also makes a divide. It's an interesting thing to consider since as humans we're only ever a few steps away from madness and when logic leaves the room where to people turn? Not to say faith and belief is madness but they're all about as practical as each other with basic observations.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you talking about Grusch? I know about the group he was with. I know he is being backed by some and targeted by others. I know his family privacy and reputation is at risk. I know he is telling the truth.

Is his life at risk? Probably not - he's not saying the things someone like a William Tompkins was. Plus, I think winds are a changing and the the less likely a whistleblower is to being knocked off (unless its a technological secret or a threat to a program). a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes I was meaning Grusch.

You claim to know this or that as a fact/s Play4keeps. So I question.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Man, William Tompkins is total BS, from beginning to end, fantasyland. That is why he wasn't targeted.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flamengo

Plenty fantasy in Ufology....

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Hey can I add the USAF to your list as they've concocted some truly 'fraudulent' UFO explanations over the years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whilst we're at it probably also worth adding Philip J. Klass.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Hey can I add the USAF to your list as they've concocted some truly 'fraudulent' UFO explanations over the years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whilst we're at it probably also worth adding Philip J. Klass.

Most certainly. At this point i think we can add NASA, and most paranoid governments around the globe.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
true.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flamengo
Man, William Tompkins is total BS, from beginning to end, fantasyland. That is why he wasn't targeted.

Yeah

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join