It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks ordered to pay extra $2.7M to employee who was fired for being white

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: Joneselius
Its a message to them as a corporation, play stupid games and you win stupid prizes. It has to hurt to mean something. a reply to: Bluntone22

Correct!

Still don't understand how they could justify firing the manager.

They were lefty, so they did it hoping to score some white guilt points so BLM would 'like' them on Facebook.

It backfired massively!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: AlienBorg

$25 million seems a bit high.
That's several lifetimes of earnings to 99% of the population.

Pain and suffering I suppose.

Yeah that's how punitive damage works. It's intended to be punitive, so the company doesn't do it again.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Bluntone22

$25 million seems a bit high.
That's several lifetimes of earnings to 99% of the population.

Pain and suffering I suppose.

Yeah that's how punitive damage works. It's intended to be punitive, so the company doesn't do it again.

Someone said they may appeal the decision but I don't think it will make matters better. It's more likely they will have to pay even more in the end.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Starbucks will raise the price of the "double soy latte vente swillochino" and let their customers foot the bill. They will continue to do what they are doing and be more careful with their internal communications by eliminating incriminating emails and using a time delay for firing. This will also give them time to fabricate a rationale for such actions with the "show me the person and I will find a crime" technique.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: davegazi2

Should have settled for $5 - 10M, gave her lawyers their 60% contingency

60% ?! I though contingency fee was capped at 30%?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Starbucks will raise the price of the "double soy latte vente swillochino" and let their customers foot the bill. They will continue to do what they are doing and be more careful with their internal communications by eliminating incriminating emails and using a time delay for firing. This will also give them time to fabricate a rationale for such actions with the "show me the person and I will find a crime" technique.

Every coffee now at $10 and every panini at $15. Soon you will need a loan every time you go to Starbucks!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: davegazi2

Should have settled for $5 - 10M, gave her lawyers their 60% contingency

60% ?! I though contingency fee was capped at 30%?

60% was meant to be a bit of smart alecky hyperbole.

In the US, I think top end, going to trial is usually 45-50%. Winning via settlement is usually 30-35%. Depending on contract signed, the % may not be all inclusive and filings and such can be billed over and above the %.

Some states do have caps. Not all do, is my understanding.

Thank you for calling concern to my stated 60% and allowing me to attempt to clarify.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Now watch as she uses her millions to buy a mansion and hire only non white maids and butlers.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
Now watch as she uses her millions to buy a mansion and hire only non white maids and butlers.

That will be ironic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join