It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISOBEY in an openly visual manner and you will inspire non-compliance in those around you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

You may have heard of the rather famous 'Milgram Experiment'. In 1961 he recruited 40 participants & explained their role as follows:

The 40 participants were all invited to a laboratory at Yale University and upon arrival they met with the experimenter and another participant, Mr Wallace, who were both confederates.

The experimenter explained that one person would be randomly assigned the role of teacher and the other, a learner. However, the real participant was always assigned the role of teacher. The experimenter explained that the teacher, the real participant, would read the learner a series of word pairs and then test their recall. The learner, who was positioned in an adjacent room, would indicate his choice using a system of lights. The teacher was instructed to administer an electric shock ever time the learner made a mistake and to increase the voltage after each mistake.

The teacher watched the learner being strapped to the electric chair and was given a sample electric shock to convince them that the procedure was real. The learner wasn’t actually strapped to the chair and gave predetermined answers to the test. As the electric shocks increased the learner’s screams, which were recorded, became louder and more dramatic. At 180 volts the learner complained of a weak heart. At 300 volts he banged on the wall and demanded to leave and at 315 volts he became silent, to give the illusions that was unconscious, or even dead.

The experiment continued until the teacher refused to continue, or 450 volts was reached. If the teacher tried to stop the experiment, the experimenter would respond with a series of prods, for example: ‘The experiment requires that you continue.’ Following the experiment the participants were debriefed.

Milgram found that all of the real participants went to at least 300 volts and 65% continued until the full 450 volts. He concluded that under the right circumstances ordinary people will obey unjust orders.

Evaluation

Milgram’s study has been heavily criticised for breaking numerous ethical guidelines, including: deception, right to withdraw and protection from harm.

Milgram deceived his participants as he said the experiment was on ‘punishment and learning’, when in fact he was measuring obedience, and he pretended the learner was receiving electric shocks. In addition, it was very difficult for participants with withdraw from the experiment, as the experimenter prompted the participants to continue. Finally, many of the participants reported feeling exceptionally stressed and anxious while taking part in the experiment and therefore they were not protect from psychological harm. This is an issue, as Milgram didn’t respect his participants, some of whom felt very guilt following the experiment, knowing that they could have harmed another person. However, it must be noted that it was essential for Milgram to deceive his participants and remove their right to withdraw to test obedience and produce valid results. Furthermore, he did debrief his participants following the experiment and 83.7% of participants said that they were happy to have taken part in the experiment and contribute to scientific research.

Explanations for Obedience - Milgram (1963)

As you can see, some noise was made concerning the ethical legitimacy of the experiment - but I contest that in fact, he couldn't have studied the way the participants complied with authority if he had told them he was doing an experiment based around testing their compliance. In truth, he had to get them to suspend their disbelief & buy into the alleged purpose of the experiment, so that their guard was down sufficiently for him to get an honest reading on how people in fact comply with authority when they believe they are justified in toto by the very fact that there is an authority figure to whom they can outsource their blame & guilt association, simply enough so they can participate fully with what they believe is required of them.

In this way Milgram carried out dozens of experiments with many permutations of the parameters, testing various aspects of his theories surrounding how we obey authority in our everyday lives. One of the little known variations of his experiment involved permitting the so-called 'teacher' to witness another 'teacher' (really a stooge or confederate) refusing to obey the authority figure in a brazen & bold manner, refusing to deliver the potentiallly dangerous shocks to the 'learner' who was of course always a confederate. Milgram found that when the next teacher in line was able to view one of the other participants refusing to give the potentially lethal shocks to the 'learner' next door, the compliance percentage went down from around 65% to somewhere nearer to 10% - a stunning revelation.

The reason this is important is that when we consider the PLANDEMIC we all suffered through since 2020, a great deal of the harms done were engineered by deliberately inculcating peer pressure effects, to attempt to condition people into rejecting 'anti-vaxxers' in a social manner, trying to force people to get vaccinated just because everyone else is complying, and so on. If we follow the path of Milgram's experiment variation described above - when a participant is able to view aother participant rejecting the authority figure, the compliance with the diktats of that authority figure reduces massively, as people get up the confidence & faith to refuse to follow along with the punishing agenda of the authority figure.

So in summary - REJECT the authority figures visibly & vocally, whenever unwarranted pressure to do unpleasant things is being applied - if you do so, you could reduce the compliance of those who observe your actions by up to 50%. That would be a huge win for freedom fighters everywhere, and if they start trying to roll out new lockdowns & vaccine mandates, the rule of thumb is to resist vocally & visually - at scale - every time they try to pressure you into following along with their unwarranted mandates/ diktats, and you could very well contribute to the health & even the survival of many of your neighbours, colleagues & friends.

Godspeed,

FITO.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
So in summary - REJECT the authority figures visibly & vocally...

This is rich coming from someone who bows to the authority figure that is the benevolent dictator in the sky.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

WATCH: Gun owners in Albuquerque openly defy the New Mexico Governor's order banning the open and concealed carry of firearms
twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment Interesting. I wonder if mockery and ridicule would have helped in the last day's pandemic, for all those last hold outs who still wore mask's thinking it their civic duty, or just simply gripped by fear?. Then I wonder if we just did that but at the begining of the next, what would happen then? I'm for freedom of choice sure, but to amputate peer pressure from the equation, is it then justified? I don't want to bully, but as a tactic to defend against and weaken a bully? hmmm Then what about the hokey pokey and how? The one's that loved to school me on that wisdom, havent heard much from them either. Almost like they were saying, they didnt like it so I should like it and jump in with them, in order to feel okay? They could have just refused with me in the first place, or go on and get the next dose soon to be coming. Something they said could never happen. How many shot's deep are we now?. Have they later found out that the science ain't mathin'? They once proudly announced their vax staus and bolstered by at least one booster while trying to pressure me into compliance arent anymore, and oddly silent about how many shot's deep they are, like now it's a personal choice and a secret. Didn't feel that way when I was on the recieving end. How many shot's deep are we now? I havent had to keep count im just asking for a friend.

edit on 10-9-2023 by AnrkEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Spartacus vs. Crassus.

To be on the right side of history doesn’t mean it will end well but because of him thousands stood against tyranny.

Most people today haven’t heard of Crassus.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 9/11/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

This is rich coming from someone who bows to the authority figure that is the benevolent dictator in the sky.

What even holds more wealth is the freedom bestowed on you not to bow to this “benevolent dictator in the sky” if you so choose.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   

So, 'monkey see, monkey do' applies to disobedience. I think all the flash mob store attacks back this up very well. No need for scientific studies when we can all see the results on security cameras.

I have a clown nose ready for being asked to mask up. Even have some round red stickers for the cheeks. Ask me to clown? Why not? But don't say my mask is not as effective as yours. They are both equil in lack of protection.

Fauci even explained that he thinks masks provide some protection for the wearer but not others from getting it. So what does it matter to you that a fool says my mask protects me yet does nothing for you?

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

originally posted by: daskakik

What even holds more wealth is the freedom bestowed on you not to bow to this “benevolent dictator in the sky” if you so choose.

Many of us know you don't even have to believe at all, and we don't. Yet the interesting part is how too many are held by threats to their very being if they even doubt the dear leader in the sky.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It shows the cruel nature of humans. "Electrocution and suffering? Cool!"

Give a man a bread, he will cut off your hand.
Build a man a house, he will burn down your village.
Rescue a man from death, he will rape your wife.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Is this an attack on the poster or the content?

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Not in the US. Maybe in Iran.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

You are dealing with an acute case of nitpicking.

Here's an illustration of the person you are replying to.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Psalms 109 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;

2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.

3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.

4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.

8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.

13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

15 Let them be before the Lord continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.

17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.

20 Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

21 But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.

22 For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.

23 I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust.

24 My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.

25 I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.

26 Help me, O Lord my God: O save me according to thy mercy:

27 That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, Lord, hast done it.

28 Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.

29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

30 I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.

31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Many of us know you don't even have to believe at all, and we don't. Yet the interesting part is how too many are held by threats to their very being if they even doubt the dear leader in the sky.

Sad but true. And wonderfully surmised by George Carling.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

explains why ukrainians keep fighting....
the barrier troops (Nato advisors) shooting one or 2 guys
in the back is the SHOCK

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
Is this an attack on the poster or the content?

It isn't an attack on either of them.

It's an observation of how some people can be neck deep in CT and not recognize that religions might be the greatest CT of them all.

I'm just pointing out the disconnect.
edit on 11-9-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Is that your most recent ancestor?

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

DISOBEY in an openly visual manner and you will inspire non-compliance in those around you

I don't know about that. Go ahead and 'disobey' those pushing the trans-fad ... tell the truth about the gender bending drugs and that, if left alone, most kids outgrow the notion that they are trans ... and you get falsely labeled 'transphobic'. No one gets inspired and all you do is draw down ignorant woke hatred upon yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
You are dealing with an acute case of nitpicking.

It isn't nitpicking, religious people pressuring a community to "act right" is a perfect match to the Milgram Experiment.

OP is trying to have it both ways. Apparently so are you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join