It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orban Interview

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

a reply to: Quintilian

Ukraine is losing this war quite badly.

If Ukraine are losing but at the same time taking back territory occupied by Russia ( which they are ), then i like it.

Lets hope Ukraine carry on losing until the last Russian invader is kicked out of their land.

Why do you like it?

Self explanitory

I’m dense. Enlighten me.

The OP recons Ukraine os losing the war. If Ukraine are taking back territory then how can that be? They should be losing territory if the OP is correct.

They are not.

Even if it cost Ukraine a few hundred men to take half a village that has ZERO strategic value?

I can't for the life of me understand this logic. At this pace Ukraine will run out of people to throw into the meat grinder long before any real progress is made. Do you not understand this?

Simple population math says Ukraine will NEVER be able achieve any real progress against Russia let alone win. It was 11 million Ukranians(before the war)vs 100 million Russians. You do the math...

Unless western and NATO countries start sending their citizens to fight but even then. Are you willing to go fight and die in this war for American hegemony?

Because that's what this is about. The American government doesn't care about Ukranian citizens and they are relying on ignorant people to continue to cheer for Ukranians to be slaughtered in mass.

This is what you all are supporting.

It's only a matter of time before you or someone you know receives something similar because they ran out of Ukranians to send. Better start advocating for peace before it's to late and it escalates into your bubble.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Consider this for a moment:

Everyone on ATS and in the world knows that the US has an immigration problem. People are DYING to get here, literally. They know this is a great life and they are sending their children on their own, some don't make it, because it's the best quality of life on planet Earth.

Russia has thousands of miles of open border. Does it have an immigration problem? Nope. Why?

Because no one wants to go there. The standards of life are poor and you may get shot for saying the wrong thing.

It's hard to take you Eastern propagandists seriously, when all your shouting comes from behind prison bars.

No freedom of religion either. Russia sucks. Ten years for a THC vape. No. Lol

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian
Sounds like pure Russian propaganda to me..
carry on.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 9/10/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quintilian
The idea that Putin will be thrown out is a western pipe dream according to him and shows an ignorance of Russian politics and worldview and a miscalculation of the Russian psyche and resolve. Though IMO if anything did happen to Putin that would be very dangerous, as whoever takes over could be far less patient and pragmatic.

The surprising part is that he sees Trump's reelection as the only way to stop this war and he praised Trump's foreign policy. The again, Trump was the least war mongering US leader since at least Jimmy Carter. He also kept direct lines of communication open with the so called "bad guys". It's a strange world where a numbskull like Trump appears the only genuine hope for peace. Or as Orban sees it, the only hope to save the west.

Who is so dangerous, who could Putin's successor be? Most likely it would be another KGB/FSB bureaucrat with very similar ideology. So I don't know what people are so scared of.

And Orban can't see the big picture. Like he's been watching too much Marvel cape# and thinks presidents are superheroes. Presidents come and go. You can call Trump a numbskull and Putin a warmonger, fair enough, but they didn't create the real causes for this war. We're still watching the USSR break up, it's all part of that process, Moscow trying to keep control over former satellites and colonies.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It was 11 million Ukranians(before the war)vs 100 million Russians. You do the math...

That's wrong, it was actually around 40 million and 140 million.

But either way, you're expecting them to symmetrically come at each other until one side runes out. That's fantasy, no war has worked like that in history. Even in WWII the Germans and Soviets only lost 10-12% of their populations. That would be over 4 million for Ukraine and 14 million for Russia. Now it's been 18 months and they're not even close to that.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Imhere

Oh are they?

Yes.

"The Ukrainians are gradually gaining ground and it proves the importance of our support and also our ability and willingness to continue the support, because this is heavy fighting, difficult fighting, but they have been able to breach the defensive lines of the Russian forces and they are moving forward," NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Thursday.

www.thedrive.com...

No.

The reality is, they barely got a whiff of Russia’s first line of defense.

Much to your scraping around, and looking for some NATO Stoltenberg’s “hope” message.

It’s generally known to everyone, that this summer offensive has been an extremely difficult situation for Ukraine. With U.S. officials pointing fingers on the blunder on Zelensky and the general staff.

They just wasted a f*ck ton of resources and its own soldiers to barely catch a whiff of the first Russian defensive line during the summer. Failing to meet the summer’s offensive goals. And fall is approaching fast.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yes, of course it is an extremely difficult situation.

What "blunder"?

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"Simple population math says Ukraine will NEVER be able achieve any real progress against Russia let alone win. It was 11 million Ukranians(before the war)vs 100 million Russians. You do the math."

I'd steer clear of math if I were you.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If that is true then why did Putin shuffle his best troops to the south to counter Ukraine? And if Ukraine is doing to bad and then why is Putin trying to recruit from other countries?
Many questions that kinda make your argument not hold water very well.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, here is some hope for Ukraine, and more bad news for Russia:

www.express.co.uk...

"Hodges in particular argued ATACMS would make Crimea "untenable" for Russia because a large section of its troops would become targets of renewed Ukrainian attacks.

The long-range missile system has a range of up to 190 miles, and would allow Kyiv's forces to increase strikes against Moscow's men."

edit on 10-9-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

you can take the argument the soviet union is still fragmenting and put it alongside the anglosphere is still going through the reformation..

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
U.S. officials have been pointing out the obvious. The summer offensive failed to meet goals.

Much less cutting off the land bridge in the south from Melitopol.

As seen here on “ISW” map of the current front.

storymaps.arcgis.com...

Again, Zelensky and the general staff have been getting criticized on the summer offensive.

Tons of resources and soldiers poured into the grinder while barely catching a whiff of the first line of Russian defenses over the past months.

Time for another multi billion military package. Rinse repeat.

edit on 10-9-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Well that was a long time ago. I guess there's one Catholic country left, Ireland. So technically they could reform.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You seem to be sneering at Ukraine when it is faced by a much larger invading force which is dug in behind vast minefields in heavily defended positions.

Of course this is extremely difficult for them..

What did you expect?

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Well that was a long time ago. I guess there's one Catholic country left, Ireland. So technically they could reform.

actually the canadians kiwis and aussies are all catholic countries and the us looks more and more a catholic country.

but the irish angle is interesting i speak with a few and they see the culture wars as an extension of the english reformation, if you come at it from that angle then you have catholic france, spain and italy, the eu itself was born as a catholic entity as a reborn christendom, how long before the eu falls to anglo intersectionalism..

edit on 10-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: Cutepants

actually the canadians kiwis and aussies are all catholic countries and the us looks more and more a catholic country.

but the irish angle is interesting i speak with a few and they see the culture wars as an extension of the english reformation, if you come at it from that angle then you have catholic france, spain and italy, the eu itself was born as a catholic entity as a reborn christendom, how long before the eu falls to anglo intersectionalism..

I can't speak for the Kiwis and Aussies, but I can assure you, Canada is not a Catholic country. We have no state religion. In 2011 approx 39% reported to be Catholic and that number has dropped every year. If you mean Christian, then, you may have a small argument.

~ETA~ Originally, the French ( Catholics) populated the land. The English brought in Protestants to counter balance that and of course you can't ignore the HUGE indigenous population at the time ( which the Catholics tried to indoctrinate to horrifying results). Canada really has tried to abstain from any religious connection as a country. Multi- cultural integration is our motto, that includes religion. You come here, you keep your religion. We take in alot of people

edit on C202399America/Chicago2023-09-10T20:29:50-05:00302023Sun, 10 Sep 2023 20:29:50 -0500 by Connector because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join