It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define Liberal, Moderate, and Conservative?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
There's us guys, them guys, and all those other guys who need to wake up.

I know that sounds factious,but is it really?

Yes it really is factious.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Gothmog

Conserve: 1. protect (something, especially something of environmental or cultural importance) from harm or destruction

Liberal Democracy: "is the combination of a liberal political philosophy that operates under a representative democratic form of government. It is characterized by elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society, a market economy with private property, universal suffrage, and the equal protection of human rights, civil rights, civil liberties and political freedoms for all people." -Wikipedia

However:

Conservative: "...conservatives seek to promote a range of social institutions such as the nuclear family, organized religion, the military, property rights, and monarchy." -Wikipedia

Monarchy huh, maybe that explains MAGA, monarchy and all. So much better under a crown.

I guess you are right.

I just have to point out you are comparing a word "Conserve" to a political entity "Liberal Democracy". Apples to Oranges dude.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
[

Which I would associate with capital communism. (The type that want all the pay, just for making it to work to watch youtube). Typically with them doing less than the bare minimum of their job but expecting all the perks of doing the best.
You could also say the trophy generation.

Ah a new catagory CAPTIAL COMMUNISM or perhaps, IMO more accurately CAPITAL AUTHORITARIANISM. The way back macine's "owe everything to the company store" in a company town.

Sure I could agree I coined a new term.
Are we agreeing or disagreeing?

Offered with all respect.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

[

Which I would associate with capital communism. (The type that want all the pay, just for making it to work to watch youtube). Typically with them doing less than the bare minimum of their job but expecting all the perks of doing the best.
You could also say the trophy generation.

Ah a new catagory CAPTIAL COMMUNISM or perhaps, IMO more accurately CAPITAL AUTHORITARIANISM. The way back macine's "owe everything to the company store" in a company town.

Sure I could agree I coined a new term.
Are we agreeing or disagreeing?

Offered with all respect.

How could I reasonably disagree with your definitions or opinions. I'm just interested in discussing definitions in play.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Just trying to figure it all out.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I just have to point out you are comparing a word "Conserve" to a political entity "Liberal Democracy". Apples to Oranges dude.

Not political entity, political ideology.
Liberal Democracy is an ideal
Conserve is a verb

LD is to C :: coconut is to x
solve for x

Coconut to x
Simple as I can get it.
Maybe an expert grammarian can sort this out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join