It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers to scour Himalayas for mystery yeti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This time Takahashi plans to set up infrared cameras at four points along a trail he believes yeti use.

``There's a good chance that we'll succeed in taking pictures of the unknown animals this time, because their route is geographically limited,'' he said.

``I'm anticipating the success of Takahashi's expedition because they have compiled a great deal of information,'' said Hiroyoshi Otsuka, a former chairman of the Japanese Alpine Club.

Full Story: www.asahi.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hope they find it. Theat would help validify the possible esitence of live dinosaurs in the ocean like Nessie (plieosaurus) and other wierd animals.

Good Luck to them.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They really shouldn't tell the public until they're done, it just opens the door for hoaxers...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been covered previously.

There was a programme on TV a while ago that was set in Bhutan where they were looking for Yeti's.

The team wandered about found a few rare bear DNA samples but nothing much else.

That was until the King leant them his Official Yeti tracker who took them into the deep into the countryside where they found a cave and DNA samples from someting that when tested bore no resemblance to a bear or ape.

If this is new to you guys which I am sure it isn't will dig around and see if I can find out what the programme was.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I had not heard about this, so I would appreciate any link or book reference you can provide.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It was on a TV series 'To the Ends of the Earth' I think but will do some digging around for more info. I am going on holiday today though, so might be a week or so.

P.S.
I've always fancied going to Bhutan since finding out years ago it's is almost a closed country/principality. I think the King used to let in around 10 people a year who had to pay �xx a day for the priviledge but it has opened up a bit more over the last few years.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The yeti is another myth just like Nessie lots of sightsing and reports but nothing caught on camera.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Valhall

I thought it was on the following series www.channel4.com... - no yeti but interesting links.

but doesn't appear to be, will keep looking.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Got it

www.100megsfree4.com...

try google search on Bhutan Yeti for loads of hits.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just came across this.......its about time someone else went searching:

TOKYO Aug. 7 �
A Japanese expedition equipped with sensor-activated cameras and led by an amateur cryptozoologist is heading to the Himalayas hoping to track down the abominable snowman.

Seven climbers will spend six weeks in Nepal trying to capture images of the legendary humanlike creature also known as the yeti, more than 10,000 feet up the world's seventh-tallest mountain, the expedition's leader, Yo#eru Takahashi, told The Associated Press on Thursday.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This seems like a senseless waste of money, but hey who am I to say. It would be very cool if they found something. Have there ever been proposed pictures of a Yeti? Where would it sit on the evolutionary model?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Abominable Snowman info
occultopedia.com

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wish them luck. They are to be commended for making the effort.

DRAGONTOWER

new topics

top topics

join