It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists grow whole model of human embryo, without sperm or egg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

To get back on topic, this is disturbing to say the least.

But if we're just hearing about this now, imagine how many labs where they grew the humanoid to development.

*shudder*

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Your assumptions that " a pediatrician wouldn't know the difference" is pure conjecture

Models are just that, models. They are not for use

But, as stated before, your statement that "it is possible to use to create life" has not been proven so is in fact incorrect.

But once they try it and get results we will see how that turns out

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: PorkChop96

now that this has failed we go back to semantics? Help yourself...

It's a fully developed 14 day old textbook embryo model.

The way it sounds a pediatrician wouldn't know the diffrence, this is as real as it gets for embryo research, without abortions.

unlike a model rocket this has all the requirements to reach the moon, so your comparison is wrong.

I wonder on what basis you threw this strawman earlier about reproduction with XX and XY and how is this related to sex change. You're seriously confusing one thing after the other.

link   

You're reading to much into that statement.
sex driven monkeys just like to play chess with pigeons...

link   
a reply to: Terpene

You're better off pinning your hopes on a uterine transplant if you've got you're set on procreating in a (cough. cough) traditional way.

Uterus transplants are pushing the boundaries of pregnancy and fueling hopes among transgender women.

[www.euronews.com...]

Or, you could opt for the artificial womb and watch it grow. You could visit it on your lunch hour and read gender type books so whatever developed would have a head start on wondering what it should choose to identify as.

Scientists are growing animals in artificial wombs. Humans might be next.

[www.freethink.com...]

It could add an interesting twist to the 'gender reveal' party.

(post by Terpene removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Don't worry about me...

The nice thing about white science breakthroughs is, you can now too...

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That's interesting!
Now there is a scientific fact that you don't need xx and xy chromosomes for reproduction...

That'll be a fun OP to quote

Yeah, get back to us when one of these abominations grows into a fully functional human being.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Your assumptions that " a pediatrician wouldn't know the difference" is pure conjecture

Pure conjecture, you are so clever. And you even managed to quote me right...
It was totally an assumption on my part.
It's the reason I said "the way it sounds" before adding my conjecture.
That's what honest people do, they don't word their conjecture as facts and then when called out peddle back and say it was just their opinion.
Words have meaning!
Textbook embryo, sounded very convincing to me, so I assumed a pediatrician would have a hard time knowing the difference. I might be wrong...

your statement that "it is possible to use to create life" has not been proven so is in fact incorrect.

You like putting things in other peoples mouth?
Why do you quote me for something I never said.

Please add the quote in question!

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg
"Unless you think this cases is one where human reproduction has been achieved without sperm and egg."

It's literally what it says in the OP.

Ummm... no, it actually doesn't.

I really wonder how its possible to lie so blatantly.

Apparently it is for you...

"without using sperm, eggs or a womb."

You left a little bit out...

First, it certainly didn't say anything about 'human reproduction having been achieved' with respect to this achievement.

What it said as:

"... an entity that closely resembles an early human embryo, without using sperm, eggs or a womb"

So, go lie somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What then?

Will you admit that you were wrong?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

What then?

Will you admit that you were wrong?

If it happened, sure - but it won't, because it can't, because these are not actually embryos.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

"Unless you think this cases is one where human reproduction has been achieved without sperm and egg."

It's literally what it says in the OP.

Ummm... no, it actually doesn't.

I really wonder how its possible to lie so blatantly.

Apparently it is for you...

"without using sperm, eggs or a womb."

You left a little bit out...

First, it certainly didn't say anything about 'human reproduction having been achieved' with respect to this achievement.

What it said as:

"... an entity that closely resembles an early human embryo, without using sperm, eggs or a womb"

So, go lie somewhere else.

and like monsanto controlling sterile crops i'm sure this lot would create a sterile humans they control probably with short lifespans. because why not when you think yourself god enough to control planets

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder about the definition of a 'model' in this case. It seems to have grown into at least resemble an embreo. As it was not assembled from kit parts but grew, how exactly does it differ from the real thing?

I do believe 'model' is just a legal weasel word here. It sounds more like a human clone but those are illeagle so they can't make them to play with in the labs.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To get back on topic, this is disturbing to say the least.

But if we're just hearing about this now, imagine how many labs where they grew the humanoid to development.

*shudder*

given the trouble they are having with robotics and the poor not being obedient humans we know what this kind of eugenicist mindset would create everything from super soldiers to spare parts factories.. in a real life mary shelly novel.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

You're way off topic and on repeat again...

Get a live

It's you who is going off topic to argue about trans issues. I wonder how on earth the strawman you threw earlier about reproduction without the XX and XY had anything to do with sex change. We all know sex change is the aim but there is nothing discussing what you all dream of.

i'm thinking if you pair this with the womb transplant you have ready made human parts factories..

that some will see making then breaking humans into parts as a good thing for their internet arguments really does suggest this version of society has no legs to survive as is.. its verging on embracing dr mengele thinking

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Womb transplants are a fools errand. What are they going to do, replace the pelvis as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join