It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classical Luciferianism- What Happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Greetings,

I am posting this in general conspiracies as I see a lot of tentacles coming off my thoughts below.

I recently found myself on one of my later evening browsing sessions when a show I had on (don’t recall what) made reference to Luciferianism… which I hadn’t really read into much, but it was used in a very negative way.

The context has something to do with eventually showing the world the true power of Lucifer and pure Luciferianism.

Well, that’s a pretty heavy statement since most associate Lifucer with the devil.

Turns out, that’s not true - and least not entirely.

Luciferianism:

Luciferianism is a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer, the name of various mythological and religious figures associated with the planet Venus. The tradition usually reveres Lucifer not as the devil, but as a destroyer, a guardian, liberator,[1] light bringer or guiding spirit to darkness,[2] or even the true god.[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That doesn’t sound so evil, no?

More about Luciferianism:

For Luciferians, enlightenment is the ultimate goal. The basic Luciferian principles highlight truth and freedom of will, worshipping the inner self and one's ultimate potential, and to encourage and celebrate the same within all. Traditional dogma is shunned as a basis for morality on the grounds that humans should not need deities or fear of eternal punishment to distinguish right from wrong and to do good. All ideas should be tested before being accepted, and even then one should remain skeptical because knowledge and understanding are fluid. Regardless of whether Lucifer is conceived of as a deity or as a mere archetype, his presentation within Luciferianism is a representation of ultimate knowledge and exploration as well as humanity's savior and a champion for continuing personal growth.

Well that doesn’t sound evil to me at all.

Not even a little bit.

In fact, I’m on board with that and I’m not sure how you couldn’t be - aside from inserting Jesus instead of Lucifer.

However, the “neo” version of Luciferianism is tied to “magic” and “the occult” and generally societally “bad” things which is further reinforced by the Christian church.

In fact, I couldn’t find a single link to a church that had anything to do with my definition of Luciferianism quoted above - gone - when the message and stance that listed in the quote is the farthest thing from evil sounding?

That’s odd to me.

Maybe this is similar to what happened to “liberalism” in the classical sense. Liberalism today is far from what it was - and it appears Luciferianism is in the same boat.

In fact, I would say that the former Georgia Guidestones sounded very Classical Luciferian - and they were taken down, recently.

Perhaps some of our theological scholars on here could delve more into how Luciferianism became what it is today, and is no longer the same in the Classical sense noted above.

Last thought… this seems like something that the Vatican would have been involved with.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I dove into the satanism/luciferianism stuff some years back.

To sum up, it's essentially a religious excuse for unchecked hedonism.

To make a very nihilistic argument, every ying needs a yang. And the ones that play upon basic human survival instincts can be exploited.

If you want to dip your foot into how it got to be what it is, Levayen satanism capitalized off it well and is a good start.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I dove into the satanism/luciferianism stuff some years back.

To sum up, it's essentially a religious excuse for unchecked hedonism.

To make a very nihilistic argument, every ying needs a yang. And the ones that play upon basic human survival instincts can be exploited.

If you want to dip your foot into how it got to be what it is, Levayen satanism capitalized off it well and is a good start.

Cheers for the recommendation.

I can see hedonism being a real outcome if taken to the extreme.

But, if the description I posted were followed to the letter, and those who violated those rules will in some way disciplined, I could see that belief system working out very well at scale.

If I’m even kind of right - say it works more-less as well as any other system - then why did it turn extreme and hedonistic?

Maybe the answer is finding the point where we someone broke from Classical (then traditional) Luciferianism and got enough people to buy into it/convert to eventually (over time) more-less wipe out the Traditional Luciferians and replace them with the hedonistic “neo” version you describe today.

I’m not sure how, but, that rise of Neo-Luciferianism must collide with Christianity somehow - which could be very interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

But, if the description I posted were followed to the letter, and those who violated those rules will in some way disciplined, I could see that belief system working out very well at scale.

You'll find this a circular argument if taken to the literal scope. Who does that discipline? Then under the religious tenets, what do you do to someone who harms you?

It defeats the entire purpose to have an arbiter of rules or discipline.

Conversely, religions of the opposite spectrum place absolute trust and faith into their creator and abide their rules as there are physical and metaphysical consequences.

If I’m even kind of right - say it works more-less as well as any other system - then why did it turn extreme and hedonistic?

There's an appeal to a no strings attached sort of life.

Yet if we all lived this way, societies would crumble, governments couldn't function and atrocities would be met with apathy. (sounds kind of familiar dont it?)

You'll find the answers to the rest of your questions under the Levayan model which was very much geared toward capitalization of the religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

People didn't care what Michael W. Ford said?

The internet spread misguided versions and people don't know any better?

Not like there's only one Satanism either. Through The door opened by The Church of Satan walked denominations.

There's a version of Satanism that thinks demons are anunaki, Satan is called EA, and they're also neonazis, which is just strange. But they're not even the only nazi satanists. There's also the Order of Nine Angles. There's also fluffy far left activist Satanists in The Satanic Temple.

The CoS is outdated as the Vatican now. Same thing happened with lucy-furians. New interpretations gained popularity, the good guy badge fell out of favor.

My personal experience with darker things is echoed by every burnt out satanist that fell in love with their center.
edit on 29-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Lucifer is a Latin Term .

Latin while an Ancient Language is not that old .

There are much older languages with much deeper or I would say more original Meanings .

Satan , Lucifer , The Devil has gone through many transformations over the eons and is often confused with one over-lapping the other .

Sumerian gods, Egyptian Gods , Greek Gods , Roman Gods they are all playing off of the next adding to and taking away .

Tap into your own mind and connect with God that is the only way to get any true answers.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You know what's great about religious freedom?
If that sounds right to you but you don't find an organisation that does it the way you like it, you can just do your own thing.
And call it Lucy-furrie-anism, or whatever you like.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Praise Inanna, Queen of Heaven.

Is that classical enough?
(c. 4000 BCE – 3100 BCE)

I heard rumors that Babylonian Marduk absorbed her attributes (lips) could refer to the lower lips. Maybe Marduk is androgyn. The person I heard it from was speaking rather cryptically rather than talking straight out plainly. It took me a few years to conclude that that's what she meant (I could still be wrong about that).

There is an ancient text that describes Marduk gaining the attributes of all the gods to be a sort of Monotheistic god. I don't remember the name off hand though.
edit on 29-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Every time I start a new cult I end up kicking myself out before gaining any disciples.

Metaphorically speaking that is.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I fixed that issue by just declaring myself a closed secret society
we are full, sorry no new members

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: pthena

I fixed that issue by just declaring myself a closed secret society
we are full, sorry no new members

Poor Auggie.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

"To sum up, it's essentially a religious excuse for unchecked hedonism"

Ahh you cant beat a good orgy ....

All the best

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

"Morning after penicllin" should be booming!

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

That's how they suck you in, but how do you think this world got into such the mess that it's in?

Freemason insider exposes luciferianism as the world’s oldest secret religion and their plan for a New World Order

yogaesoteric.net...

Any attempts to say otherwise, is just a rebranding effort.

edit on 30-8-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The core of Luciferianism started in a good place like Freemasonry. They helped build the city we have today. As for where some of this has gone these days is a concern.

Seeking the light and laying the stone of our culture is a good thing. As with all religions factions have emerged.

When push comes to shove, all we have is our will with what influence we may have. While the pen can be mightier than the sword on today's world, Actions speak louder than words in defining just exactly who we are.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Peeple

Every time I start a new cult I end up kicking myself out before gaining any disciples.

Metaphorically speaking that is.

Groucho Marx - I wouldn’t be part of any group that would have me as a member.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you examine the Wikipedia article on Luciferianism, you will notice in the History portion that Medieval identifiable groups of accused Lucifer worship turned out to be misidentified.

I think that Luciferianism is a modern invention.

If we think of the connection between civilization and the Enlightenment as furthering civilization it's more the influence of Apollo. Since about the 4th century BCE, Apollo was seen as "the light bringer" rather than Venus.

Apollo was even the god of prophecy. Prophecy being the conduit from the gods to the mortal. Oracles of Delphi and such other oracles.

See Sibylline Books. That's Apollo oracles entering into Roman society, which stimulated the syncretism of Greek and Roman deities. And boom! Western Civilization.

You might also want to look at Apollonian_and_Dionysian

In Greek mythology, Apollo and Dionysus are both sons of Zeus. Apollo, son of Leto, is the god of the sun, art, music, poetry, plague and disease, of rational thinking and order, and appeals to logic, prudence and purity and stands for reason. Dionysus, son of Semele, is the god of wine, dance and pleasure, of irrationality and chaos, representing passion, emotions and instincts. The ancient Greeks did not consider the two gods to be opposites or rivals, although they were often entwined by nature.

Luciferianism may be a distraction from the serious dialectic of Apollo and Dionysus.

We don't really know Dionysus though. All the extreme chaos, as described by the Greek Playwrights, was a curse upon the unbelievers, not something to be sought. I believe that a one on one conversation with Dionysus, even if over a few drinks, would not be chaotic or mind and body destructive.
edit on 30-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join