It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Write a letter to your congressperson! Establish the Select Committee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Last Friday I walked into Rep Reuben Gallego's office and delivered the following letter...

Long story short it details the Congressional UAP Hearing that took place and probably THE MOST IMPORTANT possible path forward that can come from it. That is the establishment of a Select Committee to investigate David Grusch's claims. This was requested of the speaker of the house Kevin McCarthy in a letter addressed from Reps Tim Burchette, Matt Gaetz, Anna Paulina Luna, and Jared Moskowitz on July 27th. That letter from them I have shown below.

burchett.house.gov...

The Honorable Kevin McCarthy
Speaker
United States House of Representatives
H-232, The Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
Speaker McCarthy:
Yesterday, under oath and before the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, Mr. David Grusch,
an Air Force veteran and 14-year intelligence officer, testified that the Pentagon has been keeping
Congress in the dark concerning “Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena” or UAPs. Historically UAPs
have been called by other names—“unidentified flying objects” or UFOs in particular—but despite the
changing alphabet soup, our concern and the concern of our constituents remain constant.
Mr. Speaker, we ask that you immediately establish a Select Committee, outside the jurisdiction of any
standing committee, and with subpoena authority, to go about the task of collecting information from the
Pentagon and elsewhere for the benefit of the public and to discharge our constitutional, legislative and
oversight roles.
This issue is much bigger than the news cycle: it represents a confluence of concerning governmental
actions that indicates a lack of forthrightness on the part of the Pentagon and intelligence community. No
governmental program, no matter how sensitive, can be outside the view of Congress. And yet, the
Executive Branch routinely redacts and entirely withholds information in other domains that we are
entitled to, and is doing so here.
By establishing a Select Committee to investigate the United States government’s response to UAPs, the
118th Congress will have an opportunity to work through more significant issues of government oversight
(including lack of budget transparency, over classification, and unwillingness to respond to Congressional
oversight), on a discrete issue that is readily understandable by the public, and which is of grave concern
to our nation.
Sincerely,

Matt Gaetz Anna Paulina Luna Tim Burchett Jared Moskowitz
Member of Congress Member of Congress Member of Congress Member of Congress

My letter to Rep Reuben Gallego urges his public and private support in the establishing of this committee, because SUBPOENA POWER would be MONUMENTAL. It would allow Congress to force testimony from David Gruschs cooperative AND hostile witness list.

Ross Coulthart, Corbell, Knapp and the entire cast constantly harp on how this whole thing could run out of steam if those in Congress don't find it an important enough topic, or the pressure from the potential opposing interest in the Defense Contractor space gets too intense. Based on conversations they have had letters from the public DO really matter. Especially handwritten ones.

I just wanted to urge you all to follow my lead here and send in some letters and emails.

Whether you believe or not, a committee with subpoena power cant hurt you to at least try and see. That and we could also get to the bottom of some misspent tax money, which I think is something we can all universally support.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

edit on 8/28/2023 by Klassified because: Redacted.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This reminds me of something KRS-one said, but it wasnt about aliens, it was about government accountability, I guess at this point they are part and parcel?.

"Call your congresswoman, your senator your mayor. Time for all the scholars to unite with all the players..."

www.youtube.com...

We're in this together, so yeah, lets unite our knowledge.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"We don't comment on ongoing investigations."

G'luck

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Though I applaud your attempt, a hand written note on plain manila paper, talking about UAPs is unfortunately not going to last long on many peoples desks.

You need signatures on digital polls.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I dont need some 19 yr old page signing a "Thank You. We'll look into it"...wityh an autosigned fake signature and believe me, they do.

I dont think sadly that it would make enough difference. We tried in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's Millenium...and see what we got?

We got you asking us to write letters etc ....an honorable intent for sure, and thanks...but not even if the whole world is screaming for truth.

Truth? From any Government? To what end? To whose intent? By what means?

Im with you, but dont think even "If we get everybody to contact..." it will make any difference. It never has......

Thnx

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I dont need some 19 yr old page signing a "Thank You. We'll look into it"...wityh an autosigned fake signature and believe me, they do.

I dont think sadly that it would make enough difference. We tried in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's Millenium...and see what we got?

We got you asking us to write letters etc ....an honorable intent for sure, and thanks...but not even if the whole world is screaming for truth.

Truth? From any Government? To what end? To whose intent? By what means?

Im with you, but dont think even "If we get everybody to contact..." it will make any difference. It never has......

Thnx

I honestly think it is different this time around. I think Congress specifically (Senate maybe not so much) is open to UAP/NHI as a campaign topic. I feel like that hearing really did send some waves and got alot of attention.

I think if enough people sent in sincere letters, it would at least be at the forefront of their mind. Maybe they request to sttend the next hearing, maybe they cosign the letter and send in another request for the Select Committee.

It cant hurt. I feel like the citizens have to strike while the iron is hot. We cant let apathy win. I honestly feel like, for once, the ball is in our court.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael

Though I applaud your attempt, a hand written note on plain manila paper, talking about UAPs is unfortunately not going to last long on many peoples desks.

You need signatures on digital polls.

It was abtiqued card stock actually 🤣

I also sent emails, and Twitter DMs.. Im hoping my tweet gets a kittle more steam to be honest so maybe he will see it

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Ngl.. Im really interested in the redaction 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Lawmakers want subpoena power in UFO inquiries

The whole video (below) is well worth a watch but JGJ compiles a list of individuals he thinks should be questioned 'under oath' at around 1:25:05.

Last week sure was crazy in the UFO world. Numerous allegations (and strong ones, at that) were made that the Intelligence Community "leaked" the "medical records" of UFO Whistleblower David Grusch.

That would have been awful, and disgusting, if true. But, was it? Lots of people still think it is.

But were these allegations truly warranted? What really went down? Here is a live presentation overview of how it all unfolded... why... the key players... an attempt to separate fact from fiction

Any thoughts on that list?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I did want to get back to you here, to make something clear. What you suggest is great, and I agree with you...I mean, it's our voices after all.

It's just our politicians aren't in it for us (big surprise if you didn't know)...just themselves...to maintain their $$$$ statis quo...not ours..

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Again here friend...you're doin 👍. Fight the Good fight...never stop....

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
a reply to: Klassified

Ngl.. Im really interested in the redaction 🤣🤣

I didn't want to drift your thread too far off-topic, so I deleted it, but here it is in full...

I have no desire to turn your thread into a political debate, but the topic itself has been politicized and used as a distraction. It has more to do with bread and circuses than it does serious investigation. If it dies, it will be because it served its purpose as a political tool to keep at least some people preoccupied with the aliens out there rather than the ones flooding into our country. To keep people watching the skies instead of watching our country turn into a banana republic.

Have we been lied to for decades, maybe even centuries concerning this topic? Certainly, but the answers are buried so deep that no one person has all the answers. Congress has only one weapon at their disposal that could even remotely begin to uncover a fraction of the secrecy surrounding it. They hold the purse strings and the ability to impeach. They would have to cut off funding directly AND indirectly. This is no small task, and it could do more damage than good. "Disclosure" will likely never be a direct answer to your questions. It will come as it always has. Slow leaks, drip feeding, and lots of muddying the waters.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you believe your government is hiding stuff about ufo's for nefarious reasons, do you really think that same government will now give you the answers you seek, if you just push hard enough? 🙄
edit on 9-1-2023 by vance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join