It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricanes and Earthquakes, Oh My!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Gothmog

Ive lived in so. ca. for nearly 40 years and we have never had a hurricane.

Tropical Storms are even rare.

Earthquakes are far more common than hurricanes. But how common is both on the same day?

Rare or not , still that time of year .

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There have only been two tropical storms in so. ca. in history. The last on was 1939.

We don't get hurricanes and tropical storms here. There is no season for it here locally. Get it?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
weather.com...

Its starting to get hairy out in the mojave. Ocotillo flooding. 84 mph wind gusts.

Seems to me that this is a slow moving storm, which will bring more water dumped in one place.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They are evacuating the entire desert town of Ocotillo, and Jacumba, Ca. near the Mexican border. Major flooding.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

nvm, I duplicated my comment

edit on 8/20/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

How goes it now?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I would wager it is the ULF - ultra low frequency waves. Earthquakes can make them before, during and after. ULF waves can cause your symptoms.

Link

The ULF data recorded for the months of April 2012 and September 2013 have been analyzed in the light of three major earthquakes occurred in these months, one of magnitude M = 8.5 in April and two of magnitudes M = 7.4 and 6.8 in September. The examination of the data for each month shows occurrence of ULF bursts containing electromagnetic pulses

Link

He adds that: “[With] low frequency noise some people can be distressed to an extreme degree while others remain quite unaffected.” “Once a person has displayed some sensitivity to low frequency noise, further exposure lowers the sensitivity threshold.” “Any sensitivity is exacerbated by the presence of other stresses. The low frequency sensitivity syndrome includes: Feelings of irritation, unease, stress, undue fatigue, head- ache, nausea, vomiting, heart palpitations, disorientation, swooning, prostration.”

Just did a quick search and found those.

ULF from earthquakes can definitely be the culprit in what your feeling.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Raining. Feeling a few aftershocks.

The area out where its really bad has tons of homeless people. A place called Slab City where there is an entire homeless town, built out of junk. I wonder how they are doing.

THe Mojave Desert is flooding as we speak. Palm Springs may get some of the worst.

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Very interesting! Thanks for the links.

My dogs were so spooky before the quake. I thought they were sensing the storm coming. Then the birds tried to fly in my house thru my open patio door.

I can definately attest that animals feel this stuff after today, it was maybe a combination of both, but it was eerie quiet before the quake and storm hit, then we got some big fat drops, then the quake, then it started raining hard after.

So the animals were feeling the ULF too. Next time there is no explanation for them acting like this, sitting on my feet and shivering, Cattle Dogs, not known to be such chickens, I will definately be on earthquake notice. Usually just fireworks and low flying jets make them act like such pansies.

Sure hope tomorrow isn't so exciting!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   

They are evacuating the entire desert town of Ocotillo, and Jacumba, Ca. near the Mexican border. Major flooding.

Where does the water go? Hopefully most is absorbed into the ground.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It poured for many days I forget what time,Feb? Maybe. Lots of flooding in LA. Didn’t close squat. Not even that bad here and supposed to end tomorrow, yet schools are closed. Something’s afoot.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Like all desert storms, the water runs down an arroyo, or floods city streets.

Until it finds a river or an ocean.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

Yes, a hundred year tropical storm is hitting. If they didn't close the schools, parents would be upset. Of course, this could all be media hype, but what we are seeing in the Mojave, it could get much worse tonight.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
It poured for many days I forget what time,Feb? Maybe. Lots of flooding in LA. Didn’t close squat. Not even that bad here and supposed to end tomorrow, yet schools are closed. Something’s afoot.

Yeah, unless some can find a sitter, they'll be missing work because the MSM hyperbole is fishing for viewers. It's a serious event no doubt, but any meteorologist worth their salt could see once is hits the cooler water it'll fizzle out and just rain quite a bit.

Seen some mudslide reports and heavy rain with isolated flooding here and there. They over hyped it just like measures in response to COVID.

So one takeaway from this event is that you can bet if there's another plandemic, it'll be handled practically the same way as before with only minor deviations.....same shackles just tighter.

edit on 8/21/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Kaiju666

Seen some mudslide reports and heavy rain with isolated flooding here and there. They over hyped it just like measures in response to COVID.

So one takeaway from this event is that you can bet if there's another plandemic, it'll be handled practically the same way as before with only minor deviations.....same shackles just tighter.

This is exactly my point about 'something afoot'. And people are reacting the same. I mentioned in another thread, I think, that I asked my wife to grab water from the market, but she said they were out because people freaking over 'the storm'.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yes, a hundred year tropical storm is hitting. If they didn't close the schools, parents would be upset. Of course, this could all be media hype, but what we are seeing in the Mojave, it could get much worse tonight.

Well, I think it's rather simple. There are spots that are more susceptible to flooding. Sure you close those areas that typically flooded during heavy rains, not the whole damn district. YET, it's so unsafe and dangerous but teachers and administrators, principals, plant managers etc. still have to report to schools no later than 10am. Ummmm...

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Update: 8am Los Angeles where I live. About the time all schools start. Not raining any longer. Matter of fact, the streets and sidewalks are halfway dry. Scariest encounter I ever had. Lucky to be alive.
edit on 21-8-2023 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The local constables were issuing travel advisories all over So. Ca. asking people to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

This is why the schools closed. I agree with the precaution. The last thing you need is flash flooding when kids are being dropped off at school, normal morning traffic.

Have you ever been in a desert flash flood? You can be fine one minute and your car floating the next.

It's like a snow day. Deal with it.
edit on 8/21/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yes, and the people in Ocotillo arent in that same predicament!

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

On magnetic fields. In my area we have some iron deposits. Iron mines were known back to Revolutionary days and one was still in business up until about 50 years ago. Now when i drive through these areas I noticed that my sense of direction seemed off. I'd drive in circles or be heading in the wrong direction thinking it was a different direction. This is in two areas, both where the iron deposits are. I think that these iron deposits are screwing with my internal compass like putting a piece of metal near a compass. I couldn't imagine living in real iron mine areas like in Michigan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join