It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricanes and Earthquakes, Oh My!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
All day I'm watching Hurricane Hillary build big black clouds in the southern sky. I live a mile from the water, 60 miles north of LA. I got my patio stuff all tucked in, provisions, candles and all that.

The rain started about an hour ago. Big fat drops, not much wind, just swirling gusts.

But the animals all around are acting freaked out. My cattle dogs are shivering and trying to lay on my feet all day. Acting like Chickens, not brave Cow dogs.

And earlier, 3 birds tried to fly in my open patio door, and suddenly, they are Cattledogs again. I get the birds out and the door closed.

And now just a bit ago we had a 5.1 earthquake very close to where I live, where my pottery studio is. Ojai. hippyville. Almost burned to the ground a few years ago.

Here's the link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...,-131.28073&extent=42.47996,-89.09323

Oh yeah, and someone said the other day to watch out for earthquakes that hurricanes bring them.. I thought, nah, hurricanes are east coast, earthquakes are west coast.
Well, fooled me.

edit on 8/20/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Curious that China had earthquakes too during their weather onslaught..

Just saying it's a weird coincidence.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It was the last thing I was thinking about. The last 5+ that hit my house felt like it was lifted up and dropped back down.

This one rolled more, and I have been feeling a bit seasick since. Funny thing, both my uncle and I sportfish and I worked on a saltwater sportfishing boat. He got nauseated from quakes, and so do I. I keep getting dizzy from the aftershocks too.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That time of year .

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

It was the last thing I was thinking about. The last 5+ that hit my house felt like it was lifted up and dropped back down.

This one rolled more, and I have been feeling a bit seasick since. Funny thing, both my uncle and I sportfish and I worked on a saltwater sportfishing boat. He got nauseated from quakes, and so do I. I keep getting dizzy from the aftershocks too.

Well if you're compelled to start walking in a circle, I'd be worried. I wonder if strong magnetic fields can cause the feeling of seasickness. Is what your experiencing a first for you as it pertains to earthquakes?

edit on 8/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

i will participate in both threads, as they each have a different vibe, no pun intended

I wonder if your dogs were scared of the coming storm or if they knew an EQ was coming?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's wild to think about. So you and your uncle don't get seasick while fishing, but the earthquakes it does?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That time of year .

I believe Coyote Angels was referring to the SoCal hurricane they are semi-rare

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No. Ive have felt this with every quake I've felt. In fact, the first quake I felt when I first got to CA was pretty strong, and I was feeling nauseous BEFORE it happened.

Ive been thru a couple of good shakers and it happens everytime.

Ive been feeling the aftershocks to this one because it's so close.

I sure hope it's done!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Ive lived in so. ca. for nearly 40 years and we have never had a hurricane.

Tropical Storms are even rare.

Earthquakes are far more common than hurricanes. But how common is both on the same day?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What weird Degradationdid a thread about earthquakes in the Salton Sea area not too long ago, it was excellent and they know their stuff. About all I know is I'll watch Dutch Sinse occasionally...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

And the birds!

The Navy has been flying jets all week, and one of them hates jets. But not flying today, so I was trying to figure out why they were acting so stupid.

Its been a heck of an afternoon.

But the smell in the air is amazing. I miss it from growing up in the deserts when it rains when there is lots of lightening.

So they are getting lightening southeast of us. We might later. Its rare on the coast here, because it's always a bit misty and foggy.

link   

I’m sending positive vibes your way, Miss Coyote!

Hang in there. You’ll be fine! 🍻

link   
a reply to: putnam6

I like Dutchsense too. He's pretty good at predicting them! I got a notice on my phone while it was happening. But I don't think before.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I like Dutchsense too. He's pretty good at predicting them! I got a notice on my phone while it was happening. But I don't think before.

Yes, he is.

edit on 20-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yep. I worked on a boat as a galley hag for a summer years ago. He went out fishing all the time. It had to be pretty big waves before I felt sick. And I only got sick once on a boat. I was cooking bacon, and the galley was like a half deck below and the way the skipper set up, diesal fumes were flowing into the galley. There was a big swell and all the passengers were inside the galley to keep from getting wet with the spray on deck.

I felt it coming on, and knew I could not get sick in the galley, because every passenger would then be sick too, thinking how bad it is if the crew is getting sick. So I jumped out onto the deck and hurled over the rail just in time. Then felt great! Back down below to turn the bacon. And old salt setting at the counter whispered, 'you looked pretty green, did you get sick'. I said 'No! I had to find out what skipper wants for breakfast.'. He just laughed and winked.,

Quakesick feels differnt. Ints more dizzy than green sick in stomach motion sick.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Ya;ll gonna get wet too, I think!

So enjoy the wonderful smell of a nice desert rain.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

oooops.... linky need fixy

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Great live video, thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Gothmog

That time of year .

I believe Coyote Angels was referring to the SoCal hurricane they are semi-rare

Still that time of year.