It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Psychologist Childrens Hospital Says Kids Identify as Hybrids and Minotaurs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You're completely missing the point and diverting this to being a me issue. What a surprise....

I have no issue with people wanting to pretend to be something, but that's all it is is pretend.

Acting is not being. You and I have had this conversation before.

But, as stated before, acting as something does not make you that something. Plain and simple. You know, just as if I was acting like a women, does not make me one...

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

No, you act like a mermaid......

If I go to a class that teaches me how to act like a car, does this make me a car?

If your answer is anything but no, that tells me everything I need to know. Not sure why this is confusing to anyone

According to some people on here, you are who your brain says you are, so technically yes?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NotMEMaybeU

Well, we all know that person is going to die on their hill. Might as well let them think whatever they want
edit on 17-8-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You're completely missing the point and diverting this to being a me issue. What a surprise....

I have no issue with people wanting to pretend to be something, but that's all it is is pretend.

Acting is not being. You and I have had this conversation before.

But, as stated before, acting as something does not make you that something. Plain and simple. You know, just as if I was acting like a women, does not make me one...

Watch the doctor's video at 15:30 mark on the vid where she explains gender creative children.

As for the doctor's credentials, well very impressive: Diane Ehrensaft, Ph.D. is a developmental and clinical psychologist in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Director of Mental Health and founding member of the Child and Adolescent Gender Center, a partnership between the University of California San Francisco and community agencies to provide comprehensive interdisciplinary services and advocacy to gender nonconforming/ transgender children and youth and their families.

It's complicated and who best to try to figure it out but this doctor? Surely not any of us here.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Way to go off topic of what I said.

You can admit you're wrong, no shame in it

Of course it would be a California doctor going along with all of this stuff. Coming from the same state that just earlier this week let a convicted felon out of parole that shot a cop in an ambush. What a wonderful "state" that is....

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Children are also acting as mermaids because of their imagination, which most will outgrow. If they want to continue to fantasize as adults being mermaids, they can act the role, and if they do why does that bother you?

But this quack and her staff aren't treating this as 'imagination' and they aren't waiting for the children to outgrow it. This is a childrens hospital and the children are there because they now carry the TRANS label. She's enabling their childish fantasies and making them into something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Way to go off topic of what I said.

You can admit you're wrong, no shame in it

Of course it would be a California doctor going along with all of this stuff. Coming from the same state that just earlier this week let a convicted felon out of parole that shot a cop in an ambush. What a wonderful "state" that is....

I am on topic...some instances are acting others are natural tendencies - it is complex. We need to understand the differences, and who best to teach us but the doctor.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

As for the doctor's credentials, well very impressive:

And yet she's still wrong about this.

It's complicated .

It's not that complicated. These children are not really hybrids but are just children being imaginative and being pushed along by the left wing mentality that surrounds them.

and who best to try to figure it out but this doctor? Surely not any of us here

Surely not the doctor.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You mean the doctor that would probably be 100% be on board with cutting a kids legs off to attach a fin so they can "be a mermaid" in real life?

Yeah, sounds like someone who should be in a mental hospital. Not one that we should be listening to on the "natural tendencies" of kids.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Children are also acting as mermaids because of their imagination, which most will outgrow. If they want to continue to fantasize as adults being mermaids, they can act the role, and if they do why does that bother you?

But this quack and her staff aren't treating this as 'imagination' and they aren't waiting for the children to outgrow it. This is a childrens hospital and the children are there because they now carry the TRANS label. She's enabling their childish fantasies and making them into something else entirely.

She explains this at 13:07 on the video, time is critical because every child alters their gender web as they weave together nature, nature and culture over time - it is never static. It makes sense as children mature and experience more of life and themselves.

We are all socialized the same way and all of us are not friendly to gender infinity. She explains that we are all 'gender ghosts' @ 27:47 mark.

Also let's check our gender microaggressions: at mark 29:57.

edit on q00000022831America/Chicago5555America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's complicated .

It's not that complicated. These children are not really hybrids but are just children being imaginative and being pushed along by the left wing mentality that surrounds them.

Surely not the doctor.

The doctor explains it very well, see my post to FF above.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

She explains that we are all 'gender ghosts' @ 27:47 mark.

She's a mess.
X and Y Chromosome determine gender. Male and female.
Women can live as men, but they are still women.
Men can live as women, but they are still men.
We are not 'gender ghosts'.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It's complicated .

Surely not the doctor.

Well, that depends on whether you believe in the neuroscience of transgenderism or not - she does.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FlyersFan2

When I was a kid, I identified as James Bond, an astronaut, a fireman, a policeman, and probably a ninja.

When I was a kid, I identified as a ninja turtle.

Atleast I prayed I'd wake up as one, one night. My brother and I both asked for the same thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TTU77

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FlyersFan2

When I was a kid, I identified as James Bond, an astronaut, a fireman, a policeman, and probably a ninja.

When I was a kid, I identified as a ninja turtle.

Atleast I prayed I'd wake up as one, one night. My brother and I both asked for the same thing.

You fantasy role played, not identified as such.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And how can you tell the difference?

Does it only apply to things you believe it applies to?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

And how can you tell the difference?

Does it only apply to things you believe it applies to?

If they identified as a ninja turtles and after praying to wake up as such, they both did not. If this identifying is indeed a mental illness type scenario they would both have woken up identifying as ninja turtles, not saying 'oh darn' I'm still a boy.
edit on q00000033831America/Chicago4040America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Good find on the Youtube video.

The paper mentioned in the article:

In a list of terms published by Ehrensaft, in a paper titled The Gender Affirmative Model

Is included in a 225 page book which isn't available at the moment; not that I would actually buy the book just to participate in this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Good find on the Youtube video.

The paper mentioned in the article:

In a list of terms published by Ehrensaft, in a paper titled The Gender Affirmative Model

Is included in a 225 page book which isn't available at the moment; not that I would actually buy the book just to participate in this thread.

It's something to go on for certain explanations of certain behaviours/presentations etc. The doctor and her colleagues believe in the neuroscience of transgenderism so this is where her core beliefs and subsequent treatment decisions arise: rewards vs. risks as well.
edit on q00000048831America/Chicago2525America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Mental illness has nothing to do with this scenario. They both knew that it was impossible for them to become ninja turtles and such were not.

Just as those that "identify" as mermaids should know they will never be one. And if they continue on with the delusion, they should seek mental help

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join