It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parental Rights are on trial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion
By 1st taking away the parents rights, they confer decisions that can lead to medical “treatments.”

Your argument of giving schools the rights to parental discretion, rather than fostering an opening of dialogue between parents, and appropriate medical supervision is absurd and destructive to the family unit.

Rather than pushing ideological fixes on children who are not equipped with long term reasoning skills, why not work with the parents of identified children that may require help?

This is a clear political motivation by one group to sway their future desires fulfillment through the upcoming generations and its been written about for quite some years.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: greendust

It is a problem, but the solution isn't the state.

Indeed, if we had a moral state authority that actually did care about their present and future health they would not push this agenda.

Give it a few years, the number of law suits that occure might be the most that have ever occured in history.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Lets just be honest here. These people asking for this power over parents rights are just purely evil people. I mean that is all there is to it. In any civil society, talking about this would even garner 100% disgust. Maybe 1 out of 1 million people would think this is ok. But our society is not civil and it has been braiwashed by (for lack of a better descriptor) Demons with a capital D.

It is just going to get uglier and uglier by the looks of things. This may well be the worst time ever in American history. Thinking about all of this garbage makes me sick to my stomach at times. I suppose that is the goal. To humiliate us. TO make us sick. To make us feel powerless.

I just wonder how much longer people are going to take it.
edit on 15-8-2023 by greendust because: hey teachers,leave them kids alone

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Rather than pushing ideological fixes on children who are not equipped with long term reasoning skills, why not work with the parents of identified children that may require help?

I would say this sounds great under ideal conditions but what about kids with ultra-conservative or religious fundamentalist type parents who would disown or reject their children? Should teachers be forced to out a kid to unsupportive parents that would put them in a hostile environment or in harms way? If you knew outing a kid to their parents would be a disaster for them, how would you feel if the state forced you to do it anyway?

I can’t say I don’t see both sides to this situation. If my kid was going through such things I would feel it was my failure as a parent if they felt they couldn’t come to me with their problems and like an idiot for not being more in tune with what was going on for them but that’s just me. Not all parents are so understanding.

Regardless of what goes on in school, minors cannot get any sort of medicalization without parental cooperation.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I would say this sounds great under ideal conditions but what about kids with ultra-conservative or religious fundamentalist type parents who would disown or reject their children? Should teachers be forced to out a kid to unsupportive parents that would put them in a hostile environment or in harms way? If you knew outing a kid to their parents would be a disaster for them, how would you feel if the state forced you to do it anyway?

I can’t say I don’t see both sides to this situation. If my kid was going through such things I would feel it was my failure as a parent if they felt they couldn’t come to me with their problems and like an idiot for not being more in tune with what was going on for them but that’s just me. Not all parents are so understanding.

Regardless of what goes on in school, minors cannot get any sort of medicalization without parental cooperation.

I think that you should take them in. All of them. Only you can save them from these horrible religious parents. They obviously do not love them if they wont allow them to castrate themselves. Teach them that real love only comes by paying taxes and doing drugs and thinking about your sexual organs constantly. Real happiness only comes from sexual organs. Especially ones that no longer work properly and hurt almost all the time.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
I think that you should take them in. All of them. Only you can save them from these horrible religious parents. They obviously do not love them if they wont allow them to castrate themselves. Teach them that real love only comes by paying taxes and doing drugs and thinking about your sexual organs constantly. Real happiness only comes from sexual organs. Especially ones that no longer work properly and hurt almost all the time.

This akes me wonder why you're so obsessed with children's genitals?

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Its the Marxist way!

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

How would you feel if the school hid this from you and your child went on to get irreversible treatment, then later regretted it ?

This is about the government stepping in where they have no business.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Here's a good idea, extended. None of us are prepared for parenthood, so really, none of us should become parents without training! It's too important to a childs life to be trained by professionals. Everyone deserves the same chances, even if their parents are untrained.

So, unless the parent can demonstrate proper knowledge of childrearing via testing, and can demonstrate strong emotional and mental health, the state will provide for 22 hours per day for care. This care is mandatory, and parents will be assessed child support based on income. Parents may attend dinner in a nice family atmosphere on weekdays and longer weekend visits as approved.

I think this approach would be best, don't you?

edit on 8/15/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I say the same for many situations in our lives in this day and age.

If EVERYONE would stand together, one week, ONE WEEK, maybe two even, it would send a powerful message, a strong one. Many people cannot afford private schooling. Many people cannot afford to quit their jobs and homeschool their children.

If they would simply make a united STAND against the authority at play here they could knock it down, even if temporarily.

PULL YOUR CHILDREN FROM THE SNAKE PITS and hold them safe outside of the confines of all this crap. Not just for this issue. There are many schools who practice unethical policies in public schools. Put a stop to it.

Yay for these parents who are defending their children. But where are the rest? There are around 49 million children in the public school system.

Within the three school districts mentioned in the article here are the approx. number of students:

Middletown 9,150
Marlboro 4,800
Manalapan-Englishtown Regional 2,400

For Pete's sake people......DO SOMETHING. 100 people????? Yes, there is something wrong with our public school systems. There will always be something wrong in society that puts our children in danger.

But the real problem lies right in the home. If parents won't support their own children and come to their rescue.....

What have we truly become?

edit on 0431202300000031bTue, 15 Aug 2023 18:06:04 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

You know what gets me ? They keep saying that a person's brain is not fully developed till they are 25, don't want to charge them as an adult if they commit a crime, but they'll let a 10 year old make the decision to swap genders.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

In the USA one of the leading countries in baby mutilation, 60% of baby boys get their foreskin removed for no apparent reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

In the USA one of the leading countries in baby mutilation, 60% of baby boys get their foreskin removed for no apparent reason.

Nice strawman.

You just illustrated parental rights though.

So than you for your support.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

This thread is about parental rights and the decision by the public school system to let children change their biological sex without parental notification. Removing a very small piece of skin from a baby's penis soon after it is born is a different issue completely. Maybe you want to start a thread on it because your comment isn't on topic at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

How would you feel if the school hid this from you and your child went on to get irreversible treatment, then later regretted it ?

A "child" under 18 cannot receive any medical treatment without parental consent.

This is about the government stepping in where they have no business.

This can also 100% be said about the states that have prohibited gender affirming care for minors. The government has no business interfering with decisions between parents and doctors on how to raise their children.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You were saying ...?

State Laws on Minor Consent for Routine Medical Care

schoolhouseconnection.org...

This document includes 35 states, and the District of Columbia, with laws allowing minors who are living on their own, including unaccompanied minors experiencing homelessness, to consent for routine health care, which should include vaccinations unless explicitly exempted. It also includes states with laws allowing minors to consent for diagnosis and treatment of infectious, contagious, or reportable diseases, which would include COVID-19 testing. Awareness and full implementation of these laws are particularly critical during the COVID-19 pandemic.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

originally posted by: DBCowboy
... willingly mutilate the sex organs of their children.

Dogwhistle much?

It is extraordinarily rare for anyone under 18 to have genital surgery.

Doesnt take surgery to ruin a childs future when the majority of them outgrow this phase. (yea for some its real the majority its not)

Many of the "safe" medication leave them with no ability to procreate, or even enjoy sex.

Also since the countries that literally wrote the book the left is reading from over this are now saying, you know that wasnt smart lets scale back 98% and make sure the kids that go this route truly need it.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"Routine medical care" - maybe you missed that part?

It is a big stretch to think this applies to transgender care. Your quote clearly spells out the restrictions and limitations.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This boils down to either the individual rights of the parents or the collective right of the State.

You're on one side or the other on this.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

For now.

I just read a case where an 11 year old wanted trans surgery and his Mother fought for it. 11 years old. What were you doing at 11 ?

I still hadn't made up my mind if I wanted to be an astronaut or Batman, but they're going to let this kid make a life changing decision before his life even really starts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join