It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jordan Peterson launching online university to counter left-wing bias

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Annee

The sciences need more diverse scientists so newer types of studies or rather freer thinking methodologies within studies can be had and who knows actually find some people's truths.

YES!

It’s really shocking to me, at almost 77, to personally (in real time) experience that there are still such ignorant and closed minded STUCK people.

It is shocking to me sometimes that we haven't progressed much further along. If we are alien hybrids then the good DNA must not have taken.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: malvy

originally posted by: AlienBorg

a reply to: AlienBorg

Two years ago I was studying a masters in physics at the Freie Universtiät Berlin, one of the optional courses there was actually called: physics and gender.

??!!

Have they corrupted physics in your country or it was just a course given by another Department on why physics is mainly chosen by male students and much less by female students.

I'm not German, I'm Guatemalan but I chose Germany to pursuit a graduate degree.

It was a course offered by the physics department, offered by a female physicist. You must understand, there are a lot of woke physicist out there. Sadly, being a physicist isn't synonym with being smart or highly intelligent (I'm probably the main example of that, haha).

True story; while working at a university in the Physics Department where the prof and students were all male, I happened to stop at the open door to the lab and overheard the males degrading a female physicist who was scheduled to lecture to them in the afternoon. I was so shocked at what I heard I just stood there staring at them...finally one of them saw me and a few of them just gave me a 'contempt' look. Gender and physics imagine that.

I have no reason to dismiss you, not knowing you whatsoever.
Yet, I know of your internet postings, which so often are pure nonsense.
You’ll announce that anecdotal is not enough for others and their beliefs, but quickly show up with the thin gruel of your most anecdotal crap, that that you expect everybody to accept as gospel.
It’s childish, nonsense, trash, and you are dismissed.

The truth is hard to take, I know. I will allow you to keep within your comfort zone and so we are done.

This reply is nothing but garbage self serving pablum.
No reason, no logic, no decency.
I wish you the best. I try to not dislike or hate you, though you give no reason for this. Us decent people will still give you our best, even if you are nasty, shriveled “ me me me me”.
God bless and good luck.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The sciences need more diverse scientists so newer types of studies or rather freer thinking methodologies within studies can be had and who knows actually find some people's truths.

YES!

It’s really shocking to me, at almost 77, to personally (in real time) experience that there are still such ignorant and closed minded STUCK people.

You’ve repeated this maybe 200 times without adult reasoned explanation.
It’s OK. Nobody hates you. Yet, we can’t even give you adult, healthy, consideration.
You’re on your own, like many bizarre un-redeemable people who babble on and on.
And it’s OK. Do what you will, and the rest of us will do what’s rational and decent.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

YES!

It is shocking to me sometimes that we haven't progressed much further along. If we are alien hybrids then the good DNA must not have taken.

One word: religion.

And I do believe there are alien hybrid among us.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

YES!

Two words: misinterpreted religion.

Yeah, me too but they must be on a Greenpeace ship or something, not really among us pions.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

YES!

Two words: misinterpreted religion.

Yeah, me too but they must be on a Greenpeace ship or something, not really among us pions.

The manipulative power control kind.

Even when it’s done with a smile.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Science has nothing in common with the gender pseudo-philosophy. As the matter of fact Physics and Chemistry are completely unrelated to the bogus claims made by some woke professors in humanities, sociology, and 'gender' studies.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Two years ago I was studying a masters in physics at the Freie Universtiät Berlin, one of the optional courses there was actually called: physics and gender.

??!!

Have they corrupted physics in your country or it was just a course given by another Department on why physics is mainly chosen by male students and much less by female students.

I'm not German, I'm Guatemalan but I chose Germany to pursuit a graduate degree.

It was a course offered by the physics department, offered by a female physicist. You must understand, there are a lot of woke physicist out there. Sadly, being a physicist isn't synonym with being smart or highly intelligent (I'm probably the main example of that, haha).

True story; while working at a university in the Physics Department where the prof and students were all male, I happened to stop at the open door to the lab and overheard the males degrading a female physicist who was scheduled to lecture to them in the afternoon. I was so shocked at what I heard I just stood there staring at them...finally one of them saw me and a few of them just gave me a 'contempt' look. Gender and physics imagine that.

I have no reason to dismiss you out of hand , not knowing you whatsoever.
Yet, I know of your internet postings, which so often are pure nonsense.
You’ll announce that anecdotal is not enough for others and their beliefs, but quickly show up with the thin gruel of your most anecdotal crap, that you expect everybody to accept as gospel.
It’s childish, nonsense, trash, and you are dismissed.

This ^

In most cases the claims made are completely unsubstantiated, lack any evidence, and after they are shown to be false, the are abandoned for some period of time to be repeated later on in other threads.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

??!!

Ok it's just a course. Sciences are the least woke and they are not compatible with the woke nonsense and the pseudo-philosophy of gender ideology.

It's the 'experts' in humanities, sociology, psychology, gender studies, who are responsible for promoting these ideas. And as the matter of fact a few of them, most others are sane.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   

??!!

What kind of anecdotal story is this and what is the purpose of mentioning it here? Gender ideology has nothing to do with science and especially physics.

The fact there are very few female physicists and students in comparison to male physicists and students, it's another issue for another discussion.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Do you know anyone who has taken this course? I want to know what it was about. Because I doubt that it was something academic.
edit on 11-8-2023 by KatherineBarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

??!!

What kind of anecdotal story is this and what is the purpose of mentioning it here? Gender ideology has nothing to do with science and especially physics.

The fact there are very few female physicists and students in comparison to male physicists and students, it's another issue for another discussion.

They are having a tough time keeping their grievances and different finger pointing exercises sorted out. One just runs into the other.
Typically they end up mired in foolishness like “only your brain knows what your gender is” or “everybody who disagrees with me is backwards and ignorant and stuck in the past”.
At least they’re consistent, as they run through this routine in every thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KatherineBarker

Do you know anyone who has taken this course? I want to know what it was about. Because I doubt that it was something academic.

I am also baffled about the nature of this course. What is it for? The name of the course for example and the content would be really helpful for us to understand what is going on.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

YES!

The woke has indeed become a religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   

YES!

Don’t project your perspective on to others.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   

YES!

It's an understanding most of us have.
The only people who don't get it or don't think wokeness is now a religion are those who are woke themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Did my degree with the OU in the UK befreo the internet. Was tricksy, but did it. Now doing an Msc with them. Its really good. Schools had no idea how to run it is all. And 8 year olds are not a good target for that kind of education; they need in person socials.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

YES!

When we watch the trans chaos with sweet little people spitting on Riley Gaines, screeching and yelling “punch a terf in the face” and endless wonderful behaviors like this, yes it’s just the same as the most severe Christians that you moan and groan about, or the craziest Muslim terrorists screaming death to the Jews.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

YES!

It's an understanding most of us have.
The only people who don't get it or don't think wokeness is now a religion are those who are woke themselves.

What a world.... multiple religions including

Q anon, woke and maga...pathetic

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join