It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar Problems? - Quick solutions for the novice ATSer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Over the years I've noticed the same issues arising with a avatars. Sometimes the problem is at the client's end, other times, it's down to ATS profile settings.

So, here are the three recurring problems and their solutions.

Problem 1: Not seeing avatars, both yours and of others.

There's an ATS option to hide avatars and backgrounds. Go to your account settings (down arrow in the top menu --> Account). At the bottom of the page you should see the following:

If it says show for desktop avatars then it is activated... click it so it says hide and reload a thread to show changes.

Problem 2: Using uploaded images as avatars or profile background.

There are two ways to do it. One is more convoluted and requires you to copy and paste the bbcode into specific fields. I won't go into details because you can find more info and discussions in the Freshman's Forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The quick and dirty solution is... Once the image is uploaded, select it so it opens in a new window and just click the little person icon to set it as your avatar. The other squarish icon to the right will set the image as your profile background.

Problem 3: Can't upload images.

The image upload function has been fixed, but in case it's not working for you, try the older upload page at the link below.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Just click the link or copy and paste into your browser's address bar. However, it is an unsecured page, so you will be asked if you want to proceed... no worries, it's OK.

Images need to be in .png or .jpg (not .jpeg) format and under 2Mb.

Ok, I think that covers the most generic problems.

Note to Mods: I posted in General Chat so that more people see it, rather than the less populated subforums. Please move as you see fit.

edit on 5/8/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank you so much!

It is working now.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22
Thanks, Encia22!!!

Nothing better than current info for avatar problems.

Moved to BBQ and stickied.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to help newer members understand the function (or lack of) on the site, this is a great approach, more people should try it!

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Omg thank you!!!
I'd had a few goes since joining but sacked it off coz couldn't get it to work and gave up.
This thread OP should have an obvious link, or be super flagged for easy discovery!

Seriously, I followed your simple instructions, clicked a couple of times, and done successfully in minutes!

I just chose the most recent pic of my coastline, in my phone gallery, so don't read it as any statement or anything, just the first one I clicked!🤣😁👍

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thank you. I was just sitting down to write an op about callus rudeness and social engineering. You addressed it.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyAngel

No problem, SkyAngel, I'm happy it helped.

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks, for moving and pinning it, DTOM.

a reply to: datguy

Thanks datguy, yes, the site's features aren't always intuitive. Through experimtation, I've probably broken more than I've fixed on ATS.

a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

And a beautiful coastline it is, too, AdultMaleHuman73!

For our viewing pleasure, I'm glad you found the information helpful.

a reply to: [post=27089247]BelleEpoque[/post

You're very welcome, BelleEpoque.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh thank you, I didn't get permission to share/use the picture off a public site though, gonna switch it to one of my own now before I go to bed 🤣
And following your instructions again it should only take minutes!
Thanks again!👍😁

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You are very kind.

And that is exactly what our world needs extra of right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seems like I need to do more forum digging. Thanks for the helpful resource!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Walpurgisnacht

You need the blank spacer

I will added below. Move your mouse around to find it since it is not seen. After you find the spacer go back up and read how to embed it into your space!

edit on 12-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join