It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New YouTube Creator Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Recently I started a YouTube channel in hopes of eventually being able to stop punching a timeclock lol. One thing I am struggling with is actually getting subs. I have 78 subs and about 30k video (mostly shorts) views. My channel is targeting Linux and FOSS with a dose of workplace cringe and memes. Anyone else here a creator? How did you build your audience? Any secrets lol?
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wwe9112
Recently I started a YouTube channel in hopes of eventually being able to stop punching a timeclock lol. One thing I am struggling with is actually getting subs. I have 78 subs and about 30k video (mostly shorts) views. My channel is targeting Linux and FOSS with a dose of workplace cringe and memes. Anyone else here a creator? How did you build your audience? Any secrets lol?
Thanks.

Interesting. I too would like to do something like that. I have a lot of views on a blog of cycling I'd like to put on YT, but I have NO idea how to do it?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well, that is one idea for me to show lol -- at least once I "master" it. I'm not that great yet at recording. Not terrible (mostly) mic issues but I've never had to really use one prior to this endeavor.

depending on what you have, you could essentially just read your blog posts for the videos. Even record footage or something then upload it.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Perhaps always have a spot in your videos where you talk about what's coming up next on your channel. Make enough content to stay one step ahead.

Mention some of the better comments to afford a personal connection.

Talk about how grateful you are for the support of regular subscribed watchers and how you will be listening to their demands for future content.

Create a series of multi episode clips.

Get your own version of a "Hecklefish".

Never plug sponsors until you are sure it won't put people off.

Expand your horizons to encompass more mainstream subjects.

---------

It would help if you would share an actual youtube clip so we have a proper reference, but I understand anonymity here is important.

I'm sure some here would love to help more, keep talking.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

Now you’re competing with ChatGPT… good luck. The best way to garner interest going forward is to have original content. Something not every other person wanting to quit their day job is doing. All that low effort clickbait content is garbage we really need to clean up. It’s making lazy people even lazier

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Perhaps always have a spot in your videos where you talk about what's coming up next on your channel. Make enough content to stay one step ahead.

Mention some of the better comments to afford a personal connection.

Talk about how grateful you are for the support of regular subscribed watchers and how you will be listening to their demands for future content.

Create a series of multi episode clips.

Get your own version of a "Hecklefish".

Never plug sponsors until you are sure it won't put people off.

Expand your horizons to encompass more mainstream subjects.

---------

It would help if you would share an actual youtube clip so we have a proper reference, but I understand anonymity here is important.

I'm sure some here would love to help more, keep talking.

Thank you!

youtube.com...@crankytechdad

Cranky tech dad on YouTube.

edit on 00America/Chicago9112 by wwe9112 because: (no reason given)

edit on 00America/Chicago9112 by wwe9112 because: (no reason given)

join