It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I control too many people,
I'm too good to be around.
I think I'm a people pleaser,
I am nowhere to be found.

I survive in freedom,
I don't think of you at all.
You're not worthy of my attention,
I am god and god am I.

I live my rules and so do you,
everywhere I draw the line.
It is for my own protection
it is good in my own eyes.

I confess what I do wrong
only for my benefit.
For myself I attract attention
I am the center of the universe.

All the world evolves around me
I am nowhere to be found
Can't you see I need attention
I am worthy of your pity.

To my own understanding
I know what is wrong and right.
My light is brighter than the darkness
all around me people die.

Without you I would be dead
and would not even own a house.
Never did I ask for this
and never will I have a spouse.

I think I'm great, that's why I suffer
I'm pretty much the best there is.
I hardly dare to talk to people
There is nothing that I miss.

I'm not lazy, I'm not guilty
Strangeness is all that I do.
Give me meaning, give me life,
give me what I need to do.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Keep trying to get more things right than wrong is a good start, we all have the burden of regret to carry. It sucks at times, but also helps stop us from screwing up again.

So did you make this universe? How did you pull that trick off? You are at the center of your perspective of this universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
I control too many people,
I'm too good to be around.
I think I'm a people pleaser,
I am nowhere to be found.

I survive in freedom,
I don't think of you at all.
You're not worthy of my attention,
I am god and god am I.

I live my rules and so do you,
everywhere I draw the line.
It is for my own protection
it is good in my own eyes.

I confess what I do wrong
only for my benefit.
For myself I attract attention

All the world evolves around me
I am nowhere to be found
Can't you see I need attention
I am worthy of your pity.

To my own understanding
I know what is wrong and right.
My light is brighter than the darkness
all around me people die.

Without you I would be dead
and would not even own a house.
Never did I ask for this
and never will I have a spouse.

I think I'm great, that's why I suffer
I'm pretty much the best there is.
I hardly dare to talk to people
There is nothing that I miss.

I'm not lazy, I'm not guilty
Strangeness is all that I do.
Give me meaning, give me life,

I don't control anyone but myself
I'm better than no one else
I'm not a people-pleaser
My higher power is the one to make happy.

I thrive in freedom
I try to put myself in others' shoes
walk the walk that they have traveled
And show respect and courtesy to all I meet.
God is Light
In Him there is no darkness
So shine your light.

I am the center only of my experiences
And am wise enough to know
I am the center of no universe as we know it.

I don't think of myself as great
I see others as greater than myself
There need not be an order of greatness
Humility is on the true path to happiness.

I will talk to anyone and everyone
Communication and open exchange of ideas
Is where we find the truth.

I'm pretty happy exactly how I'm at
Oh I could have bad feelings and wish I could walk
Like everyone else
But being crippled has its own gifts
Different reasons for gratitude and happiness
My advice
Start every day with a thankful heart and think about
All you have to be thankful for.

I promise, you will be happier.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndtrumpet

..then I read your signature.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Slow to understand is a talent, it means you once will understand. It's better than being held up to the flame.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

edit on Fri Jul 28 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: occupationaltherapy

Nice.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Man is made to work.

To work is physical exercise and you work yourself to the person you are destined to become.

You learn as you work.

Working makes you stay healthy.

Work grows food.
Work keeps warm.
Work makes flexible.
Working is surviving.

To do work is to make your life.

I longed so much to have lots of money and I tried to get money in inappropriate ways. Last week I was linked to a website offering fixed soccer game results for money to make big bucks.

Nah..

Work. There's nothing else that will satisfy. You keep yourself busy working and anything can happen, you can get bright ideas doing work. You get new ideas doing work making you even do more work or make you do the same work differently.

I hope nobody spends years of wondering the meaning of life being lazy all day.

Doing work will get me places and will give me peace of mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi buddy,

Let me help you out a little. It seems some people are a little slow on the uptake, so I want to offer a suggestion as to why they might not be wading into your post.

You mentioned control and thinking you are literally Gwod or thinking someone else thinks they are. From what I can tell you indicated you control people whose lives you aren't present for. This sounds a bit stalkerish or small minded. Who are you that you think you can control someone with a wish? It sounds like the kind of person who has designs on someone down the street and before you know it there is a confrontation, a bunch of things said that surprise the person, and a clearly delusional person who has made up a place for someone they hardly have any run ins with at all if any.

I literally have no way to place anything you said in your post.

If this was meant to represent someone else, an ex, a friend, or someone who you think left you alone, this sounds like a whole lot of projection. They control you? Really? And a lot of others who, I assume they told off? Youre imagining a life for this person, maybe they're up on a hill rolling around in rose petals or sth? So what if they were? Let me give you a big hint, if someone tells you off they probably mean it. Even if lo and behold they had to tell off three people!! I've seen examples of this as well as people who stalk after either knowing someone for like a minute or knowing like 5 things about them.

They could be anywhere by now, their house could have caved in on them, they could have ran through some passageway of mirrors and out the back into some sketchy neighborhood full of m@0h zombies, their car could have broken down and you are sitting here thinking that they are controlling you after I don't know how much time of daydreaming that you know of this person. It sounds like you need to drop it...because I don't know.

Your post invites drama. If I am dead wrong maybe then you can clarify what it means because it strongly gives the impression that you are controlling others at a distance or think someone is controlling you. Again sorry if wrong. ..
edit on 29-7-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

This is what leaning on your own understanding led you to do. You think this and that, you think you had to solve problems because your understanding created a lot of them from reading what I wrote. Meanwhile I've been drinking with friends and had a great evening.

Suddenly maybe I am a stalker, I control people from distance and somehow I could've been in a bad situation myself.

I'm usually at home trying to clean the mess around here.

Other people could go into your story, "hey dude, you're a stalker" and it gets the ball rolling. Suddenly I would become the stalked and what not could get me into jail all because of some understanding of someone while here I was, in the couch being amazed about how people could get into trouble.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Look I could easily say the same thing about you. I don't think you are a stalker. Are you? I never said I thought you could control people at a distance, that's the point of me saying "who are you to assert." I also never said anything about you as well being in the bad situation. Why would you think it was about you? You don't know what I "think" either. You know what I wrote.

I also never asked that much about what you did that night. Good you had a good night.

I have no idea what your last paragraph meant.

"I could be the stalker, you could be the stalker!!"

I basically said it sounded like it. Go back and read and then before entangling yourself learn the difference between sounds like and is, and what a refutation is.

edit on 30-7-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: firstofAkhet
I basically said it sounded like it.

You're right, that's exactly what I pointed out. Imagine some leek coming in accusing me of being a stalker because you gave him the impression because you threw on the internet what sounded to you.

You know the game where 10 people in a row whisper a sentence in eachother's ear. What goes in is not what comes out.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Well don't be so scared of it, just refute it.

I'll give you an example:

"You're freaking wrong" as a way of telling me that I am wrong. Lol. I said I could be.

And yeah it sounded that way. Sounded means sounded, just tell me I'm wrong but it's also your opportunity to tell me what your post meant. I'm sorry if it came across a certain way, note to all: I don't think this bloke is actually stalking anyone, I actually know nothing about him.

I'm sorry.

Now about your post though, what did it mean? Who is God?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The Western "tradition": there's no God, science will reveal it all.

Er, but we're not entirely sure.

You might close the door, but leave the windows open.
edit on 30-7-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
And me?

The earth beneath your feet, the sky longing for your eyes.

It's all Krishna (God).

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Telling you you're wrong is like calling you stupid. I don't do that. People have the freedom of expression. You're right for being wrong, there's no strict rules of engagement here, simply for the reason it's limiting. I strive for freedom of the people.

Just because a green apple isn't purple and when you say "apple is purple", do I need to get out my science book to prove you wrong? Purple apple is nice. Should I call you psychotic for it? Should I tell you you live in illusions?

I'm homo correctus in the sense that I let everything resolve on itself. When you say "apple is purple" long enough you might come to the understanding it isn't. We aren't computers we need to program, we are a self-sufficient program organising itself and when I constantly tell you you are wrong it leads to worse. We don't do indoctrination.

1 + 1 is allowed to be three but when I ask you to go for two pounds of steak I'd like two pounds and not three.

Not your enemy.

Don't mind what you posted, I'm fully aware, I train myself not calling people stupid.

Do not lean on your own understanding is found in proverbs in the bible. Something I'm about to understand. I know, confusing that, isn't it. Don't believe anybody on who we are. I'm not focused on being your ball and chain.

I'm not set on making enemies.

I found mistakes in myself and so I made the OP trying to figure out what is wrong with me by reaching for my boundaries.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
No over-reach ... that was a beautiful poem.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Im glad you don't want to be a ball or chain and I never thought you to be focused on it. You don't tell people they are wrong? It's simple. People can tell me I'm wrong. It seems like you could deal with maybe embracing that you can say anything really and it's no big deal. Calling someone wrong is very basic. And if you can't do it you will turn someone into God. Without their permission really.

But yeah to let you know, you cannot seek to control what is not yours. But in any case I stand corrected if I came across in any kind of bad way. I am sorry.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Well, whatever the evils of the world, stay tuned.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Lol, I guess that's good as any. Look I know I apologized but I will do so again and just as you said you'd had a few and dont want to put up with me, (sorry again) my focus is literally becoming...

Slack.

Peace. .. I'll forget it as no interaction on a message board is really worth that much trouble. Have a nice day.....apologize for the mess and I'm out of here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join