It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Drilling 10km Well

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Nah only cow farts would do such a thing!

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That audio was long ago debunked.
It was proven to be looped audio from a horror movie.

a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: inspector42
a reply to: ElGoobero

As someone that has worked in the oil field for a few years, i can say with utmost confidence that the Chinese will not hit that mark by themselves with current tech. The physics of a metal drill shaft spinning at that depth is ridiculous. There is no way a 6 inch drill pipe is going to be able to hold up to that weight and torque. Each drill pipe is about 30Lbs and 30 feet long on average. So what is that, about 1200 lbs of drill string spinning at several hundred rpms or more? If i were them id start at the Marianas trench but that's our waters.
as some one who worked for 9 seasons on a rig in northern Canada doing 7-8 km deep high pressure gas wells … you don’t spin a drill string hundreds of rpm at all.. a lot of what you just said is entirely incorrect

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djbreez3

originally posted by: inspector42
a reply to: ElGoobero

As someone that has worked in the oil field for a few years, i can say with utmost confidence that the Chinese will not hit that mark by themselves with current tech. The physics of a metal drill shaft spinning at that depth is ridiculous. There is no way a 6 inch drill pipe is going to be able to hold up to that weight and torque. Each drill pipe is about 30Lbs and 30 feet long on average. So what is that, about 1200 lbs of drill string spinning at several hundred rpms or more? If i were them id start at the Marianas trench but that's our waters.
as some one who worked for 9 seasons on a rig in northern Canada doing 7-8 km deep high pressure gas wells … you don’t spin a drill string hundreds of rpm at all.. a lot of what you just said is entirely incorrect

First off a joint of drill pipe is like 250+ for 4.5” and once you’re deep enough and they start oscillating .. with a mud motor they don’t even need to spin the string. You can drill without at rotation at the surface. 10 km isnt out of reality it’s just not easy nor worth it. We did 7-7500 metre holes in 38-42 days average for years..

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha
Build a conveyor and use the heat to bake cookies = synergy

<< 1   >>

join