It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulton county prosecutors prepare racketeering charges in Trump inquiry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Fulton county district attorney investigating Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia has developed evidence to charge a sprawling racketeering indictment next month, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The racketeering statute in Georgia requires prosecutors to show the existence of an “enterprise” – and a pattern of racketeering activity that is predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes.

Source

The way Trump operates has often been compared to that of a mob boss. For the longest time he employed a mob lawyer as his own personal lawyer. Trump Tower was built using mob labor.

In the documents case we've seen a number of techniques that were first popularized by mob bosses. He's had very little contact with other people, instead he's had everything filtered through his consigliere Boris Epshteyn. All of tra underlings that have been caught up on legal proceedings are being represented by a single lawyer, Stanley Woodward, that is paid by Trump.

Some of his supporters have even bestowed upon him a nickname that once belonged to John Gotti, Teflon Don.

Well now he can add another similarity to the list. Fulton County DA Fani Willis is planning to indict Trump, and possibly 11 others, for racketeering. Sources state the charges stem from attempts to intimidate witnesses as well as the illegal downloading of voting data from a Coffee County voting machine.

The grand jury that's expected to indict Trump on the charges was empaneled on July 11th. They're expected to vote on a true bill in the first two weeks of August.

It will be interesting to see who else is included in the charges. Sidney Powell is almost guaranteed to be included as well as the two that stole the voting data. However, names like Lindsey Graham have also been speculated to be included.

With Willis pushing for racketeering charges, it will be interesting to see if Special Counsel Smith is also looking into federal RICO charges.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare
Don’t care, still voting for him.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Don’t care, still voting for him.

Yep…don’t care.

I would vote for him even if he is sitting in prison for the simple fact that Trump is light years better than any candidate that the delusional Dems can trot out.

The OP knows that’s a fact as well but hurt feelz prevents them from understanding it.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Couldn't build a thing in NYC without "Concrete Club" and Genovese family approval. His way of speaking and communication reminds me a lot of how the mob used to operate to avoid going to jail. That's where the RICO act came in.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Anything out of that corrupt county should be viewed with suspicion.

Haven't voted for and probably won't vote trump, but the fact all charges are coming from seriously corrupt areas is funny.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It seems to me that they can’t stop giving Trump free advertising. No worries about campaign financing, the democrats are paying for it.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They didn't go after Al Capone this hard.

It's very telling that Trump was in business in New York for decades and a Democrat rubbing elbows with the Clintons and they had no problem with him.

The he turned Republican, ran for President and all Hell broke loose.

They claim they're "saving our Democracy", but if anyone looks at the Biden family it's a political witch hunt.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hahahahahaha....you are all too much. I am so glad Biden is not in my head the way 45 is for some of you. Racketeering huh?

My first question would be what did Donald Trump gain? Anything? That is the thing in everyone of these cases. He did not gain anything. Not the documents. Not the 1/6 panel coming....and not in GA.

To convict of specific crimes something actually has to be done. Imagine you had a phone call with someone. During that call, you said "man I could kill them" which is just a figure of speech but could you be tried for it?

I mean, it is a threat but was it in the context of you actually going out and killing someone?

The guy is bringing in money. No one is close in the polls. All of this is simply to try to stop him from being re-elected. Remember it is GA where the Democrat, a female person of color no less, defected to the Republican Party.

People living paycheck to paycheck could give 2 #es about LGBT, Ukraine/Russia or Racism and that includes those who are not white. That is all you hear the current WH talk about.

Donald Trump, LGBT Rights, Ukraine/Russia and Racism. That's it. Our country is falling apart, literally, and falling behind and THOSE are the 4 most important things to worry about?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Hahahahahaha....you are all too much. I am so glad Biden is not in my head the way 45 is for some of you. Racketeering huh?

My first question would be what did Donald Trump gain? Anything? That is the thing in everyone of these cases. He did not gain anything. Not the documents. Not the 1/6 panel coming....and not in GA.

To convict of specific crimes something actually has to be done. Imagine you had a phone call with someone. During that call, you said "man I could kill them" which is just a figure of speech but could you be tried for it?

I mean, it is a threat but was it in the context of you actually going out and killing someone?

The guy is bringing in money. No one is close in the polls. All of this is simply to try to stop him from being re-elected. Remember it is GA where the Democrat, a female person of color no less, defected to the Republican Party.

People living paycheck to paycheck could give 2 #es about LGBT, Ukraine/Russia or Racism and that includes those who are not white. That is all you hear the current WH talk about.

Donald Trump, LGBT Rights, Ukraine/Russia and Racism. That's it. Our country is falling apart, literally, and falling behind and THOSE are the 4 most important things to worry about?

That’s one of the biggest truth bombs I’ve seen in a while.

These clowns have done nothing for the American people. NOTHING.
Everyone with more than 2 brain cells knows that Biden has done ZERO for this country in 50 useless years in office.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

These clowns have done nothing for the American people. NOTHING.
Everyone with more than 2 brain cells knows that Biden has done ZERO for this country in 50 useless years in office.

That's highly unfair of you to say! Biden has single-handedly brought this country closer to ruin than even the eight Obama year-and he's done it in only two and a half years!

We should always give credit where credit is do. Biden may have been a slow starter, but he's making up for years of wasted time in his political (corruption) career.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
More Political Persecution... it's interesting, and a bit alarming, that this next wave of totalitarianism is coming from the Democrat party. And that so many bystanders are rooting it on fot short term policy expediency.
edit on 21-7-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No one until, and no one since has been held to this standard and scrutiny

This is what tyranny is.

Watching folks cheer it on should surprise me more than it does.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

When are they going to indict Trump for being a Space Vampire?

That's where I draw the line.

I won't vote for Space Vampires. Or Gingers, but that's because they have no souls.

So unless Trump is a Ginger or a Space Vampire, I'm going to consider this election interference by the opposing party.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Imagine you had a phone call with someone. During that call, you said "man I could kill them" which is just a figure of speech but could you be tried for it?

Except Trump didn't just say, "Gee, I wish the election was overturned." He went out and tried to overturn the election and he and others acting under his orders broke the law while doing so.

By the way, your claim that something must be gained for a crime have occurred is one of the most ridiculous legal takes I've ever heard.

The guy is bringing in money. No one is close in the polls. All of this is simply to try to stop him from being re-elected.

You may want to check the latest polls and fundraising numbers. Biden is beating him in both.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I won't vote for Space Vampires. Or Gingers, but that's because they have no souls.

So unless Trump is a Ginger or a Space Vampire, I'm going to consider this election interference by the opposing party.

Election Interference? This example of political persecution started last year before Donald Trump was made enemy number one by the Democrat party. This clearly has nothing to do with the election which just started yesterday.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Word on the street is this is frozen due to a leaking toilet.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Election Interference? This example of political persecution started last year before Donald Trump was made enemy number one by the Democrat party. This clearly has nothing to do with the election which just started yesterday.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This time will be different. This time its the Democrat party urishering in totalitarianism in order to pursue the greater good.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This time will be different. This time its the Democrat party urishering in totalitarianism in order to pursue the greater good.

Oh it'll be better Neo-Marxism, not that bad Marxism.

lol

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Polls. Polls showed Clinton winning big. Internal polling 2 weeks before, real polling, was so bad for her they cancelled their party in NY. Days before the election. This is a truth so polls, please. Fundraising. Are you talking under 300 or Big Donors. Trump has plenty of money. Fundraising is just fine for him. I mean, have you sent any money to Biden? BIden isn't beating anyone. The establishment is just in control and for some reason you eat it up.

No, he did not try to overturn an election. He thought there were discrepancies, and crimes that were committed and he wanted it looked at. Not a big deal but instead the election was pushed through. Did not happen when the establishment wanted Bush. Even went to the SCOTUS.

I have no problem with that but to try to say he was telling the Governor to manufacture votes, sorry, context is not there is you listen to the whole call.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join