It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia versus Ukrainian man power + NATO weapons = stalemate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
While it is true NATO men are either too skinny or too fat to be suitable for combat after decades of disgusting fast food, Ukrainians are still for the most part fit enough for combat. So let's say Russia goes to war with Ukraine's man power + NATO weapons. I predict a stalemate. Ukraine has a quarter the population of Russia but Russia only has twice as many soldiers as Ukraine due to Ukraine having full mobilization while Russia only has partial mobilization. In terms of military gear, both sides are roughly on par. So I imagine it is stalemate with side really able to make any significant gain.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shalao
While it is true NATO men are either too skinny or too fat to be suitable for combat after decades of disgusting fast food,

You are trolling and / or speaking from a position of crass ignorance.

As to the rest. Wars are won by good training, morale and the leadership of the rank and file. History has shown many times that a smaller force of motivated soldiers fighting for a cause they believe in can (and will prevail) against a larger force that lacks such traits.

Doing a count of numbers, is a pointless pursuit.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Wait...you think Ukraine has any chance to actually push Russia out of the territory they currently occupy? They might be able to hold the line where it is for another year or so but even then they lack the main power and if they keep throwing their soldiers into the meat grinder like they have been...they wont even be able to hold the line where it is now. Its why even western nations are now finally talking about Ukraine needing to negotiate peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I think that you should wait and see. Remember, Russia was the all powerful military machine, but has been humbled by what was considered by all to be a third rate military. Simply counting troops does not provide a good assessment of the outcome of a real war, where the political dimension is as important as the situation on the ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Troll or not, wars are won with strategery. Skinny soldiers. Really?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
An individual's stamina, endurance, and strength's importance increase or decrease respectively to how close they are physically to the front.

Respectfully

exhibit A The impact and effectiveness of drones and their strategic use

exhibit B In WWII the Axis on average had the better soldier physically and ferocity, however, it was long-range bombers and men in lab coats with the righteously inspired and competent allied soldiers that ultimately turned the tide. And none of them could have done anything without the MIC backing them up. FWIW that's the ultimate reason

www.meaningslike.com...

What Does Shalao Mean?
You love harmony and care deeply about your partner, wanting them to feel comfortable in the relationship.

To you security is very important. On account of having a calm mindset you can mediate amazingly well between others.

You yourself like to avoid disputes whenever possible. You are sensitive and romantic.

Being very vulnerable by nature, the criticism of others can hit hard. Having clear boundaries in life would certainly be good for these people.

edit on 20-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shalao

What's the difference between both sides in this inter mafia war?

The entity known (right now) as Ukraine is controlled by a bunch of foreign puppeteers who supply arms and training to the military. They will send as many mercenaries and 'advisors' as necessary to continue the war once they've exhausted Slavs.

Russia is controlled by a bunch for neo colonial maniacs that want whatever the cost Novo Russia along with its industries and Black Sea ports back under Moscow's control. They will send as many non Muscovites as necessary from the muslim regions of southern Russia, also send in men from the FSU Stan's under forced conscription millions of whom work illegally in Russia, they will send in as many Syrians, Iranians, Central Africans, etc to achieve their aim.

Both nations are as corrupt as hell, corruption is too rampant even for the NATO right now, the Oligarchy supervising this inter mafia war will expend as much gun fodder as necessary to achieve success in this inter mafia civil war.

Game on

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In terms of morale I would say Russia > Ukraine in this war. The desire to defend the peaceful people of Crimea from the brutal Kiev artillery can be very strong indeed. It is no less than Great Patriot War again for the Russians.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Again.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily call what's happening in Ukraine a "stalemate". Unless you consider wave after wave of Ukranian units in western equipment running into an impenetrable line of Russian minefields, artillery, and armor a "stalemate".

I said months ago this will turn into a war of attrition. So long as America and NATO continue to send equipment Russia will use the opportunity to dwindle down the military resources of the west. Because Russia understands they can't win an all out fight against the 20+ nations that have united in the "protection" of Ukraine. But they can exhaust our equipment by forcing NATO to funnel their equipment and men into a couple hundred mile stretch and pulverizing them with artillery and close air support.

I also said a year ago Ukraine was going to suffer massive losses and needs to come to the negotiation table ASAP.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The US has a lot of equipment on paper but only a very small fraction of that is operational. The rest are in boneyard. Out of 2000 Abrams probably not even 100 are operational. The US was only able to send 31 ex marines M1A1 from the 80s to Ukraine and even that was extremely challenging.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"I also said a year ago Ukraine was going to suffer massive losses and needs to come to the negotiation table ASAP."

By which you meant capitulate?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Capitulating can save a nation. China lost Taiwan to Japan in 1894 and got it back in WW2. Russia lost South Sakhalin to Japan in 1904 and got it back in WW2. France lose Alsace Lorraine to Germany in 1870 and got it back in WW1. To live and fight another day is a good strategy.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Perhaps we should have let Hitler keep Poland?

I'm sure that would have worked out fine?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I said this at the start of this conflict to a Russian troll we had here ,it is sad to see once again one Christian nation fight another and the hundreds of thousands going on half a million killed or injured who will never add to the gene pool .

Alone yesterday 60.000 tons of grain got destroyed along with a lot of machinery.

A immediate demilitarised buffer zone needs set up and heads rattled together until a solution is found .

Why do they have blue helmets when they never use them as they should

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why not? If German rule can bring prosperity to the Polish people then I'm all for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ukrainians don't want to lose their country and bow to Putin. They are willing to fight for it. I'm an American and I respect that.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Pretty sure that Poland might not have been too keen on living under Nazi occupation.

But you'd have been all for it?

Do you think that appeasement of Hitler would have worked out well?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Polish resistance against German invasion was very little. Germany took Poland within weeks with minimal resistance. Poles also participated in rounding up lots of Jews in the 40s.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I have an old friend who's Polish.

A close relative of his flew Mosquitos for the RAF.

I mentioned your comments to him just now.

Let's just say, he takes issue with them. That's putting it mildly!

I learnt some Polish swear words that are quite explicit!
edit on 20-7-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join