It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Supplement for Those with High Blood Pressure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thank you so much for the info!
I always have low blood pressure, especially when extremely busy as I am right now (in the middle of moving).
My husband though, after 2 serious surgeries, groin to groin bypass and then cleaning out his leg arteries of blood clots, is on that dreadful amlodipene to keep his blood pressure down, along with blood thinners, cholesterol meds, and a few others I'm not sure of. He is still in a physical therapy facility after 2-1/2 months, to regain the use of his lower legs.
And interesting that you mention swelling of the feet, because that is now troubling his walking - I mentioned to one of the doctors that perhaps one of the meds he is taking are having a swelling effect on him, and now he has compression socks to try and reduce the swelling.
Once he comes home, I am going to see if this olive leaf extract might be a safe option for him, the medical doctors don't know everything, and don't want to hear about natural products.
I do take Flaxseed Oil 1200 mg once a day, to ward off any cholesterol issues. Also Biotin 10,000 mcg to keep a healthy head of hair, and I have long healthy hair.
Going natural can be so much better for us!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
True that not everything works for everyone -
My hairdresser suggested I try 'Biotin' for hair, skin and nails. Seemed my hair was thinning a bit which had never happened before, so I tried it. Doesn't work for everyone I hear, but it certainly worked for me - 3 months later, and my hair is fuller than ever and growing like weeds!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: staple

I also started using Nitric Oxide and I notice by days end that my BP is around 130/80.. so lower. But I'd love to see a consistent hand time of 120/70!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was about to be put on blood pressure medication. I'm 43 and in excellent shape. My wife is a NP and put me on Neo 40 Profesional. It took about a month but I no longer need blood pressure meds. You can get it on Amazon but my wife gets it cheaper through her company. I think it's just beet juice but look it up. It also gives you another nice side effect that I can't mention here but I'm sure you can guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I didn't have kids, grandkids, greatgrandkids, cats, and a wife and ex-wife, my bloodpressure would probably be a lot better

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am taking amlodipine, Losartan and hydrochlorothiazide with Potassium for the leg swelling.

I'm going to give this a try, thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I use this and it is excellent. Took Amlodipine and still do for years. Normally 140/90 for years. Started taking this and runn 124/65 and I only take 2 a day. Read the reviews, your results may vary and I'm not a doctor.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well I started using mine today, will wait a few days then post up what my bp is at

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just ordered the OLE and going to mix it in with the Beets and see if I can get off the clonidine. I read it also helps with joint pain, which I have a whole lot of. My BP is ranging about 155/80 since I started the beets.

2 months ago I was at 180/95 on 3-5 clonidine and 1 lorvastat or something like that I only took for a couple of weeks due to bad side effects

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: tanstaafl
I am using Swanson brand now, but have used three popular brands ordered from Amazon, all seem to work the same.

Thank, but alas, it looks like this isn't a good fit for him, as he has very serious COP-D and severe coughing issues, and researching this I learned that Olive leaf extract is very contra-indicated for such conditions.

He went to his Doc this past Monday, and his BP was back up over 200/100, so he is starting on one of the BP meds to get it down to a safer level - which its already down to 176/100, so better. I also went ahead and got him some SuperBeets, beets are loaded with natural nitrates that are easily converted into nitric oxide in the body. I'm also going to insist that he start drinking at least 1 or 2 bottles of my wife's Beet Kvass, so I'm hoping this will help him either get off of the BP meds altogether after a few months, or at least allow him to stay on a lower dose.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just a report on my last trip to my internal medicine doctor.
He was happy with my BP, 127/72.
When he learned that I was not taking my Rx meds for more than 6 months, he was shocked.
He simply would not admit that the olive leaf extract was the answer to my lowered BP.
He said that it was lower because I had lost weight.
I told him that I only lost the weight after I was off my Rx meds… but he would not admit that olive leaf extract works to lower BP.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Potassium helps with lowering blood pressure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join