It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis city council votes in favor of banning 'assault' rifles, removing concealed carry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I can only help with one of your questions.
An Assault rifle is a rifle of intermediate caliber, with the ability to select fire from single round fire to multiple round automatic sustained fire via a selector switch.
Of course which is generally prohibited already, without a ton of red tape and paying for an expensive tax stamp, and only then it must be pre-1980-ish import ban on automatic rifles.
So yeah, nothing but hot air look at me virtue signaling.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My question is, If they ban guns, what's the difference really?
An AR isn't gonna stop a tank and drones outfitted with tear gas, or jam satellite surveillance.
If we had to actually fight a war against the deepstate, we'd all be dead in 3 days.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
My question is, If they ban guns, what's the difference really?
An AR isn't gonna stop a tank and drones outfitted with tear gas, or jam satellite surveillance.
If we had to actually fight a war against the deepstate, we'd all be dead in 3 days.

Vietcong and Afghanis running around with rusty AKs and flip flops might beg to differ...

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Assault Rifles account for only 365 of the 10,200 murders by gun.

Source: www.criminalattorneycolumbus.com...

Sounds like Indy is just trying to make non-thinking liberals happy.

In fairness, 3300 were unknown caliber... However, we do know that handguns are the vast majority so we could reasonable assume that 3300 in "other" follow a similar distribution. Even still, rifles are a small percentage...

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

All due respect; you are correct in small scale, proven at Ruby Ridge, proven at Waco.
On the scale you suggest, the entirety of the freedom loving population, all hundred million Johnny Lunchpail, fed up and fighting back? It's the Deep State that wouldn't last three days. We could have them all hung from tree limbs in three days.
Why do you think it's so important for them to keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves? Three hundred million Americans all on the same side agreeing and cooperating? It's my humble opinion that no other nation can conquer that, much less a handful of slimy sniveling corrupt kiddie fiddling POS politicians using their paid minions that we have come to call the Deep State

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Oh, you guys might be right. I've grown pretty painfully cynical in my age so please excuse the pessimism.
That was a good point about Afghanistan. Got me there. Granted, Afghanistan might be more challenging topography, however, yeah, I'll concede the point.

a reply to: texas thinker

<< 1   >>

join