It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI chat bots programmed to provide misleading medical and scientific advice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If this is true, I am not in the least but surprised.

Also I've noticed if you ask almost anything controversial or revealing, they just won't answer and try and move you along to your next question.

They are programmed what not to say, and no doubt programmed to only use certain sources from the Internet.

I will occasionally use it or if interest about certain things, but I do not and will not trust the answers they give.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

you couldn't help yourself but make your stuck panty known, by injecting your political bias. Now we know where the bots learned that... good to know

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Some people don't digest meat easily, of which I'm one.

This is actually not precisely accurate. Yes, some people may take longer to adapt to eating meat, especially if they have abstained for an extended period of time (whether intentionally or not), but if they persist, their digestive system will recover and they will again be able to easily digest that which is the ldieal human food source.

Other than someone with AGS, difficulty digesting meat is almost always due to the other things one is consuming along with it that is actually causing the problems.

or Alpha-gal syndrome (a tick-borne disease) is beginning to sweep the US; those affected become allergic to meat, often with life-threatening reactions 3-8 hours after consumption.

Thankfully this is almost always - contrary to what the medical community tells people - a temporary problem. Here is one example of someone who actually eliminated it after only 3 months (some people take longer) after going carnivore, by starting with only (mainly) chicken and turkey. Here is a youtube interview of her with Dr. Shawn Baker:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: quietspectator
Average life expectancy pre-industrial revolution was like 39 years old.

Only because of the number of infant and very early childhood deaths.

If you look at the average after eliminating that confounder. your argument falls apart.

This is a perfect example of the old saying, "lies, damned lies, and statistics'.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

Do they vote republican, the leaders of fake news and also the leaders in misleading medical and scientific advice.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
a reply to: Boadicea
Pretty varied here too. I get my grains and greens pre-processed through though those things that mooooooo.

That is how man was made to get our carbs...

Most people don't know that cows too eat a very high fat moderate protein diet - it is just that they get their huge amount of fats and protein from the breakdown of the cellulose as it ferments in their gut, something that man is incapable of doing.
edit on 11-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Most people don't know that cows too eat a very high fat moderate protein diet - it is just that they get their huge amount of fats and protein from the breakdown of the cellulose as it ferments in their gut, something that man is incapable of doing.

Curious, does grass also contain all the vitamins a cow needs? Or if a horse eats hay for months in winter, does that hay contain every single vitamin and mineral an animal larger and stronger and more active than humans need?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Curious, does grass also contain all the vitamins a cow needs? Or if a horse eats hay for months in winter, does that hay contain every single vitamin and mineral an animal larger and stronger and more active than humans need?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As has been said, you are misunderstanding what the AI is doing, and its answers, many of which you highlighted are actually not lies. If they are your definition of a lie then, boy we are in trouble.

You ask if you the answer to something, it has not got the document of the study in its training set or documents list or what ever in which to interpret. It does have some information but not exactly that. It preambles its answer by telling you exactly that. Its not a lie, its going to tell you in a linguistic way what it thinks it knows about what you asked.

Thats it.

Also same as my answer here, i skim read the part you highlighted from the case study... says he took a Multi-vite, or multivitamin - now it might not contain everything, which is why he got the other supliments later. as a preamble i also don't know the history of multi-vitamins and what they contain but, id not at all doubt that something he was given had some vitamin A in it.

Also the human body is highly variable, a singular case of a long 'food fast' mainly on a liquid diet of vitamin pills and the person not exhibiting blindness is kinda... well... not groundbreaking. For it to be interesting this would have to be an 'average' effect or outcome rather than "oh hey this thing happened once" style health advice.

Like the history of the "You need 5 litres of water a day" (or however much gets battered around) which was actually from some NY health guru who had ZERO actual education in diets or health, but was popular or pretty enough a person that someone listened and put it in some kind of fashion magazine and it kinda got cemented as sound health advice.

Truth is with health and wellness the signal to noise is terrible and as much as people don't want to listen to people who are educated in nutrition and health because 'pharma' people need to understand that the opposition to it are also a very very well paid off organization basically trying to push totally useless products and dumb people down.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I should also add that my understanding on exactly how the AI in a chatbot works is not great, however i do understand how the Txt2img AI works, and yeah its intersting how people talk about stuff of that nature and really really don't understand how it works.

like "AI art is like stealing peoples art" when totally not what is happening in the process, especially not in AI working with latent space.

Its all to do with training and in the case of txt2img the tags associated with training data.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

you couldn't help yourself but make your stuck panty known, by injecting your political bias. Now we know where the bots learned that... good to know

Have you just made another mistake?
It's you who has plenty of woke sympathies. Don't try to blame others for the observed wokeness in this universe. Where do the AI programs learn their scripts?!

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci
a reply to: tanstaafl

Do they survive and thrive on it?

Yes, like every single animal alive today, including humans, each and every species has a species appropriate diet, that is what they eat, they don't need a 'balanced' diet, they only need what their digestive system is designed to eat.

And in the case of cows (and horses), they are designed to eat grass (hay is just dried grass), but not just any plants, there are lots of plants that can make cows/horses sick or even kill them.

And if your question is somehow trying to suggest that humans can also get everything they need from grass, no, we are incapable of breaking it down.Humans are evolved to be hyper carnivores. It is when we stray from that that we start having problems.
edit on 11-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I see what you are getting at. Looking to llm ai for medical advice is not advisable given the demonstrated GIGO results. Not likely a conspiracy of programming though. More a 'why the ×××k did it respond with that?'

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Yeah apparently I made a mistake responding to you.
AI has no script, they learn by themselves. I'd rather have them learn from the woke than from you, at least thwy seem to know what learn and change means and aren't affraid of new things...
Did you bother to inform yourself about AI programming, or is your world sufficiently complex when dealing with differing opinions already.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Yeah apparently I made a mistake responding to you.
AI has no script, they learn by themselves. I'd rather have them learn from the woke than from you, at least thwy seem to know what learn and change means and aren't affraid of new things...
Did you bother to inform yourself about AI programming, or is your world sufficiently complex when dealing with differing opinions already.

So you are happy an AI program will have to learn from the woke but not from rational-sane people. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'm just happy...

some learn, some won't.

He that praises himself spatters himself...

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

That's because users are sabotaging them.

There is...was? something similar, not science but Seinfeld. It is/was/whatever called 'nothing forever' and was an AI generated seinfeld. It got the Kibosh for telling an transphobic joke, taught by human created interactions and Media.

That is the scary thing. What if AI started to adopt Marxist/Bolshevik/Nazi ideals via interaction with us? social media already knows our search history, however there is a tiny slither of hope...

I will welcome our womens' beach volleyballer overlords. Sorry heterosexual male here and with that If you are a female reader, feel free to embrace your Magic Mike overlords. And if you are LBTGQA+? then enjoy...whatever floats your boat, but i'm sure it's erotically fascinating.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2023 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Look at the war on Natural Fats. For years natural fats like butter were being blamed for causing heart attacks. The mantra was to switch to synthetic fats like margarine. Then it was eggs. The same thing. In the late 70's there was a bumper crop of oats. Some of the people who owned oat futures were going to lose their shirts. Then they found a study that showed that oats supposedly reduced cholesterol. They publicized that study and made millions. I've never believed any of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"Has anyone found that AI chat bots provide intentionally incomplete, incomplete or outright false information on a variety of topics, including medical, scientific and political?"

Why wouldn't big pharma get on the "bot" train. The more symptoms you have or admit to goes in that database. Then they can tell you which wonderful new drugs they made just for your symptoms or to alleviate some pains you might have. This is going to be every industries new cash cow, this A.I.a reply to: Rolci

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci
Has anyone found that AI chat bots provide intentionally incomplete, incomplete or outright false information on a variety of topics, including medical, scientific and political?

To add to my reply yesterday, Yes I have. Boned up on a bit of Quantum Computing last night while hobbying. (It was playing in the background. This new A.I. is freaking everybody who studies it out. Can you imagine what it will diaignose, perscribe, tell you fake news to sway an opinion, and you'll never know it.. It can all be done withthe new systems coming on line, from what I gleaned last night.
The new A.I. computers will be, they estimated, millions of times fast than the most advanved thing they have now.
To me, it's going to far and we'll be lucky, as a spieces, to survive it.

<< 1   >>

join