It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent believer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Do you guys working in various industries feel comfortable discussing their interest in UFOs as part of normal small talk at their workplace, or do you often choose to remain silent due to the fear of being perceived as eccentric or strange?

Considering the recent surge of new UFO information and disclosures, have UFO enthusiasts observed an increase in public discussions about the topic in various public spaces, such as cafes, parks, or social gatherings?"

I mean, if we really want to know the truth.. people need to start talking about the subject instead of suppressing it.
The media covering the subject could be a good way to start a small talk about the subject without looking like a crazy person.

Personally the silence is deafening about the subject in public places.

edit on 1-7-2023 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I worked in a conservative industry. I approached certain individuals on the topic once we had worked enough projects to have confidence in one another and confidence in each other's ability to keep private discussions ... private.

But open discussion was an invitation for the workplace comedians to torpedo any serious discussion. Most of the time, it wasn't a topic.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

In most of my workplaces people were not interested in things that were not fairly shallow, didn't involve popular celebrities or influencers, or didn't directly involve work.

I can't think of more than one or two people I've worked with that had any interest in the topic. I worked with one person who's previous job was designing experiments to learn about microbial lifecycles in space (the nematodes survived at least a short time after the disaster for the vessel taking them to space, itself an impressive feat). Another person I worked with was not into it, but has a close realtive involved with Greer. Beyond that not much talk of space critters.

I don't mind discussing the topic in public, but it's just not often that one finds an audience for more than a joke about probes or something similar. Most people that only passively consume the information provided to them by news, government, and their social circles, just don't have much to say.

I'm not against all that. I don't mind filler discussion with people and have a great time chatting with people about things that matter to them. If UAPs become one of those things, I'd be happy to hear what they say.
edit on 7/1/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I had the personally experience of being the joke of the year at my previous work because I was a believer in unknown creatures scouting our planet, but I knew some of those joking around was believers themselves, but they was just pointing a finger like the majority was doing to be looked at as "one of us" or "normal".

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Discussing UFOs is about the same situation as discussing God, a dangerous topic unless you know your audience.
Maybe you haven't noticed, but it isn't even done on ATS which supposedly has enlightened souls from a modern, scientific and liberal world. Threads about the "possibilities" of aliens being present are endless, but not about what it means to humankind. Forget it, virtually verboten.

Back in the 1970's the call went out that "God is dead" in Western societies. That cut deeply into many psyches. But the truth was and is that staid, old religions are dying out because of modern thinking. Today, the story is reversed: Acceptance of UFOs and their aliens/artificial intelligences, bulwarked by science, are here to fill the void but many minds, even here on cooly logical and reasonable ATS, refuse to make the hurdle of acceptance. They wait for the approval of government to say it is "OK, we have them under control now..," when that simply will never be.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Do you guys working in various industries feel comfortable discussing their interest in UFOs as part of normal small talk at their workplace, or do you often choose to remain silent due to the fear of being perceived as eccentric or strange?

Yes, no problems for me.
Although I work on (very) small software company, most of my work is done in support of an accounting company (the boss is the same), and a few months ago I had a conversation about aliens with my boss, a 73 years old Christian woman.
During that conversation I was the one saying we don't have real evidences of the presence of Aliens on Earth.

People in Portugal usually do not have problems discussing "strange" topics.

Considering the recent surge of new UFO information and disclosures, have UFO enthusiasts observed an increase in public discussions about the topic in various public spaces, such as cafes, parks, or social gatherings?"

That hasn't happened in Portugal, as far as I know.

I mean, if we really want to know the truth.. people need to start talking about the subject instead of suppressing it.
The media covering the subject could be a good way to start a small talk about the subject without looking like a crazy person.

People talking about it doesn't bring us closer to the truth, what we need is facts, not words.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observer19
Discussing UFOs is about the same situation as discussing God, a dangerous topic unless you know your audience.

I would like to add that, about the conversation with my boss that I mentioned on my previous post, that I am an atheist, and everyone at work know that.

My best friend is a devout Christian.

If we are true to ourselves and accept that each one has their own opinions we can talk about everything without any problems. which there aren't solid evidences.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If it is already known around the world that the U.S. Government has stated there are unidentified flying objects in the skies…..then I would pose a question to whom your talking to….to start off a conversation about UFO’s first, then work in Aliens into the conversation.

It would make sense to talk about objects in the sky….and then the possibility of them being piloted by Aliens.

i.e. “So (or Well)…the U.S. government has publicly stated there are unidentified flying objects in the skies…what do you think?”

This question posed by you first …..puts the onus on the person your speaking to …to give you their thoughts first …before…letting them know what your thoughts are first.

If they do not want to share their thoughts first….then you’ll know the conversation about UFO’s and Aliens would be a waist of time and unnecessarily awkward and uncomfortable. So, don’t start a conversation about the subject unless you pose a question of how they feel about it first……imo

👽
edit on 2-7-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join