It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO set to declare Sweetener used in Diet Coke possibly causes cancer, as we've always known...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What about Diet Mountain Dew? Is that used there too?

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

It says online that Diet Mountain Dew uses a blend of sucralose, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium as sweeteners.

I have noticed that it's been almost impossible to find soft drinks without sweeteners for years......even if they are not diet.....the establishment obviously wants it in everyone for some reason.

edit on 30-6-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think the key take aways from this study are:

- Sweetners are still relevant for people who have diabetes.
- Short term consumption does not indicate dangers.
- Long term consumption increases risk in people who don't "need" to consume them.
- Consuming sugarfree at the same time of high sugar content is not good and increases risk of affecting blood glucose regulation.

- But all in all, the evidence is not heavy...... more studies needed and long term.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I read that artifical sweeteners can cause diabetes.

And now there's a study saying if you have been taking HRT for 12 years or more you have a 74% increase risk in getting dementia.

HRT is used for menopause....and transgender hormone therapy is also called hormone replacement therapy (HRT)......

edit on 30-6-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

Aspartame sweetener used in Diet Coke a possible carcinogen

Yep, my brother told me that 15 years ago

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yep... insulin resistence.

Waters are getting muddy.

But also, since WHO has picked this up, my mind is racing to find out what their true goal with this is.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So I now wonder what old spinster of Berkshire Hathaway aka Warren Buffet tinks now. Could this be a Bud Light moment for Coca Cola?

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hmm... I wonder if they are trying to increase cancer cases?

Yes, there is a maybe maybe NSS causes cancer down the line. But we do know for a fact that cancer also loves regular sugar.

If we abolish NSS people are not gonna stop eating sugar also. Most likely people will increase sugar intake because it has a drug effect.
Increased sugar... more inflammation... more cancer... more treatment.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I too have known this for many years.

I have an addiction to sweetened Tea. Back around 2010 I had to quit all sweeteners after aspartame caused IBS which then prevented me from ingesting a long list of foods. I still suffer daily. Very shortly afterwords the one sugar in my tea caused diabetes. Since then I have struggled harder every year to find products without artificial sweeteners but with real sugar. I’ll take the effects of type 2 over IBS any day.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I get massive headaches from too much Aspartame.
The problem is that almost everything in the UK has it instead of good old sugar.
Why?
Because of obese people.
Has it made any difference?
Nope.
Why can't I buy something with sugar in it? I am neither obese, nor overweight?
I hate this non choice, because of those who have no stop button for calorie intake.

I am an adult ffs and I want sugar. We are all just cattle in need of managing by who knows who.

What the hell are you talking about? There are full-sugar drinks in all stores alongside the diet versions. Don't create lies to perpetuate your own drama.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"possibly"

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

There are very few in the shops where I live.
Can you send some links to fizzy drinks that have no artificial
sweeteners?

I think original coca cola is one of the few and I also found San Pellegrino Orange or Lemon classic taste.....

I found a lot of drinks contain Stevia........and can't understand why they don't say that it's safe and effective.

When taken by mouth: Certain chemicals in stevia, including stevioside and rebaudioside A, are likely safe when used as a food sweetener. Side effects might include bloating, nausea, dizziness, and numbness.

There isn't enough reliable information to know if whole stevia or stevia extracts are safe or what the side effects might be.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There isn't enough reliable information to know if it is safe to take stevia when pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Allergy to ragweed and related plants: Stevia is in the Asteraceae/Compositae plant family. This family includes ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many other plants. In theory, people who are sensitive to ragweed and related plants may also be sensitive to stevia.

I personally don't drink anything with any type of artificial sweeteners in it.

edit on 1-7-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

My take on it is that this is already well and truly known but cancer is big business after all so why not sell the people crap to make them get the cancer along side boosting profits for the cancer industry while hiding any viable cures so that they can also continue to sell chemo therapy and also cutting costs on ingredients in the now toxic food's.

Here is the gist of it.

Your gut is like a chemical reactor of sorts, it is not only chemical but also the more complex reactions of your body's natural enzymes that break down food but there is a definite lower level chemical process as well that goes on in your digestive system.

Anyone that has ever studied any level of microscopy (using microscopes we have all done that in school) will probably remember the shortened name of Phenyl Blue and Phenyl Red, these are basically dyes that use Phenylalanine as there solvent as it can pass right through cell walls and dye the insides of cells with the chemical dyes that are used within them.

Under your gut's chemical reactions it is almost definite that some phenylalanine will be released from the aspartame breaking down and that this will then mix with other substances you may have ingested such as the still used and yet already banned in many country's food preservative Sodium Benzoate, Benzine bare in mind is a known carcinogen.

So Aspartame along with Sodium Benzoate has the almost more than potential outcome of creating a chemical process that can mix benzine with phenylalanine and then take that right into your body's cell's so triggering carcinogenic reactions from that alone, never mind the fact that many people around the world report migraine and other neurological problems when they ingest aspartame as well as many other claims about how bad this cheap nasty product that is almost definitely a poison is for us.

While I do not trust the corrupt WHO on this one I am glad to at last see something being done about this multi billion value poison being given to unsuspecting people around the world and so I laud this move by them on this occasion.

edit on 1-7-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
a reply to: ITSALIVE
When a company is saying one thing for years and years, it's a bit alarming when they retract on their previous statements.

So yes or no? Again, it’s unclear.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremiah33three
a reply to: ITSALIVE

No, lol. But it shows the normies that we're not crazy.
So no, but yes but also not crazy, ok.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three new that it was toxic goo years ago when for a month in late 80s or 90s they sent out cards thru mail with nutrasweet sweeted gum balls .they had a terrible after taste and now everything that used aspartame has same bad after taste including my used to be favorite chewing gum juicy fruit

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three new that it was toxic goo years ago when for a month in late 80s or 90s they sent out cards thru mail with nutrasweet sweeted gum balls .they had a terrible after taste and now everything that used aspartame has same bad after taste including my used to be favorite chewing gum juicy fruit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join