It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the 1 percent controls us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was just thinking about when we had a spike in gas prices. Here in California it got up to over $7.00 a gallon. Right now it is about $4.75 gallon. I always thought that they raised the prices because they wanted to. There was no shortage of gas. My thoughts were that they raised the gas price and then slowly lowered it to make it seem like California government was doing something about the prices. We had no choice but to pay the prices. We now have become comfortable with paying that $4.75 gallon. I preferred the $2.75 gallon before the greed took over.
edit on 29-6-2023 by CaliGirl69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69

It all starts with you trading your time for a #ty deal, to get the money to buy your freedom.
they decide how much your lifetime is worth on the market, that's where the control starts.

Price fluctuations in goods has always happend more or less organically, for some it is just a game to make the most profit out of their lifetime.

Do you give the system your precious lifetime in exchange for money?

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That’s about the gist of it. The best thing about working a sh!tty job is telling the boss where to shove it.

a reply to: Terpene

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

It all starts with you trading your time for a #ty deal, to get the money to buy your freedom.
they decide how much your lifetime is worth on the market, that's where the control starts.

Price fluctuations in goods has always happend more or less organically, for some it is just a game to make the most profit out of their lifetime.

Do you give the system your precious lifetime in exchange for money?
Are you living off-grid with no job, living of the land and away from society? Thought not.
Very few can do this, the Amish and a few here and there, but most are born into this with no way of being able to survive 'in the wild' on our own. We are also conditioned like that.
The 1% themselves live this way, they have conditioned themselves as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I did live life of grid without a job for over 10 years... It's very hard to die in the wild, even without the system.

we control and limit ourselves...

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Today I paid about $1.80 a liter, which is about $8.10 a gallon. This is on the cheaper side of fuel, it has gotten up to around $2.60/l in recent times.

To take into account the current AU/USD exchange rate of 1 AUD = 0.662307 USD, this puts the comparative price of fuel at around $3.36 USD a gallon here in Oz. The exchange rate is currently on the low side, usually sits around 0.73-0.75, does get up to 0.80-0.85 at times.

In one recent news report, the inflation rate has fallen to 5% due to the reduction of fuel prices. Considering how some things where looking during covid, fuel price has gone back to pre covid.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Best I can figure is if my truck gets around 15 miles per gallon then I get 6 kilometers per liter. I might be wrong though as my math isn't that great. I wouldn't be driving my truck in your neck of the woods.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaliGirl69
I was just thinking about when we had a spike in gas prices. Here in California it got up to over $7.00 a gallon. Right now it is about $4.75 gallon. I always thought that they raised the prices because they wanted to. There was no shortage of gas. My thoughts were that they raised the gas price and then slowly lowered it to make it seem like California government was doing something about the prices. We had no choice but to pay the prices. We now have become comfortable with paying that $4.75 gallon. I preferred the $2.75 gallon before the greed took over.

Regular UL is $2.80 in Knoxville TN. We have $0.26 cent per gallon tax in Tennessee. California has a tax of $0.54 cents per gallon, as well as very costly environmental laws for petroleum companies to comply with. At filling stations, the vapor recovery systems alone are extremely expensive and difficult to maintain. Add to that the leak detection system and the total containment system. It adds up.

Government regulation is expensive then they blame the gas companies. In the end the consumer takes a beating.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All these so called "rises", gas price, mortgage rises, tax rises, etc. etc. have absolutely nothing to do with shortages or even any excuse the government wants to use. It's for one thing only. MONEY, PROFIT. Anything else they say are lies.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I recognized the pattern years ago. They find a resaon to raise fuel prices, jack them up way high, then lower them a little bit to a price still way above the previous price, and most everybody breathes an ill-informed, stupid sigh of relief, not realizing that they're still getting screwed over.

It's their little game that they play with us. Been doing it for years. Most people still don't get it.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
All these so called "rises", gas price, mortgage rises, tax rises, etc. etc. have absolutely nothing to do with shortages or even any excuse the government wants to use. It's for one thing only. MONEY, PROFIT. Anything else they say are lies.

Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with the massive inflation of the money supply - you know, money-printers going ker-chunk 24/7/365 for the last few years now - could it?

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I HAD a Ram 1500 that gets about...10 mpg on a good day..I thankfully just traded it in this week for a Jeep Gladiator....I miss my truck.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

WHOA I almost fell out of my chair at $8.10/gallon until I seen the exchange rate to US.

new topics

top topics

join