It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wagner uprising: Was It Really An Uprising Or Was It A Planned 6 Billion Dollar Scam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I find it quite coincidental that on or about June 20, 2023, The pentagon discovered a 6.2 billion dollar discrepancy in their accounting of funds provided to Ukraine for their war effort and then, low and behold, on or about 25 Jun 2023 Yevgeny Prigozhin decided to attempt a coup to overthrow Putin's government. To me, the sudden discovery of an extra 6.2 billion dollars to infuse into the war seems just too coincidental.

Pentagon's Ukraine accounting error revised up to $6.2 billion
June 20 (Reuters) - The Pentagon found it had overestimated the amount of funding for ammunition, missiles and other equipment it sent to Ukraine by $6.2 billion due to an accounting error, a spokesperson said on Tuesday, more than double the amount previously disclosed.

The value of the accounting error was revised up from the $3 billion that was first reported by Reuters in May, the result of assigning a higher-than-warranted value on U.S. weaponry shipped to Ukraine.

The Guardian

The Wagner uprising: 24 hours that shook Russia
Driven by his feud with the defense minister, Yevgeny Prigozhin’s rebellion has petered out … for now

And then, lo and behold, when the Wagner Group had split off into 3 separate columns within 200 Kilometers of Moscow, a deal was struck between Prigozhin and Belarusian President Lukashenko, effectively halting the assault on Moscow.

Did Kim.com peg the supposed coup for what it actually was?

Gateway Pundit

Kim Dotcom: Did Putin and Prigozhin Play the CIA to the Tune of $6 Billion?

“This started as a power struggle between Prigozhin and (Russsian Minister of Defence Sergei) Shoigu. In the beginning of the Special military operation Shoigu and his team made mistakes and Prigozhin became of strong critic of Shoigu. Prigozhin then had success in Bakhmut with Wagner Group presenting himself as a better military leader than Shoigu.

In my view Shoigu then provoked Prigozhin by limiting ammunition supplies to Bakhmut resulting in Wagner Group losses and a strong reaction from Prigozhin. Many of you have seen the video of Prigozhin attacking Shoigu and the Russian military leadership.

Ammunition deliveries were restored and victory in Bakhmut was achieved but the video outburst by Prigozhin was likely counterproductive for him because the Kremlin and senior political leaders in Moscow saw him as a loose cannon who can’t be trusted. Prigozhin doubled down predicting a massive loss for the Russian military claiming that it was not ready for the Ukrainian counter-offensive. He claimed that the Russian troops are badly equipped and poorly managed by Shoigu.

With the Russian military successfully repelling the Ukrainian counter-offensive Prigozhin had played himself into a corner and his time was running out because Shoigu and his Generals delivered a major victory for the Kremlin. In my view the actions by Prigozhin are an act of desperation because he has lost the power struggle against Shoigu and is likely facing serious retaliation.

Western media claims this is an attempted coup against Putin. That’s nonsense. The popularity of Putin within Russia and in the non-western world has never been higher. However this war between Prigozhin and Shoigu is an unwelcome distraction for the Kremlin and the most likely outcome will be the arrest or termination of Prigozhin.”

Kim Schmitz then went on a Spaces discussion with host Mario Nawfal and argued that Vladimir Putin and Yevgeny Prigozhin would reach a negotiated settlement, even as a column of Wagner vehicles was approaching Moscow and many Ukraine hawks were breathlessly awaiting a coup and anarchy in the world’s largest nuclear power.

Kim Dotcom then posted this meme suggesting the $6.2 billion for Ukraine that Pentagon accountants “discovered” in June were actually pocketed by Prigozhin in return for his aborted coup attempt.

🤣🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/OkzTYUtFgr

— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) June 25, 2023

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic charged that “foreign services” were involved in the Saturday coup attempt: “I don’t want to say who was involved from the outside, but have no doubts.”

Wouldn't surprise me one damned bit.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

Also, it gave the Wagner Group the perfect cover to relocate their forces to the northern boundaries of the war without causing any alarm to the Ukrainian forces.

I wouldn't doubt Lindsey Graham was neck deep involved in this scheme, as well.
edit on 25-6-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

He and others like him will end up getting us all killed.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So now, They are trying to cover their blunders with probable propaganda news reporting.
The Telegraph

Russian agents’ threat to family made Prigozhin call off Moscow advance
Russian intelligence services threatened to harm the families of Wagner leaders before Yevgeny Prigozhin called off his advance on Moscow, according to UK security sources.

I trust UK security sources about as much as I would trust our own CIA, at this point.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Does Putin really need $6 billion dollars that bad.

Prigozhin made Putin look weak. How could that be worth $6B?

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wondering if the troglodytes who berated me on here for suggesting this same thing two days ago will grow a spine and admit they were WRONG(again).

Or are they gonna lurk there in the shadows eating crow(again)?

This is becoming tiresome to see people in a community I once respected be so easily manipulated by mainstream shenanigans.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Idelb06

6 billion split 3 ways =? Quite a payday, wouldn't you say?

Plus, the Wagner Group was incorporated into the regular Russian forces.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

For that clown show.

If Russia needs The money that bad, they should have had a yard sale.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Idelb06
Do you have anything of value to add to this thread? No?

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Kim Dotcom still calls the russian aggression in Ukraine a "special military operation". What an absolute clown

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BalticB

I'll bet that clown has more money than you or I.

Put together.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleJake
a reply to: BalticB

I'll bet that clown has more money than you or I.

Put together.
I really can't see how having lots of money changes anything. He's still a poorly informed man living in a russkie disinfo sphere.
edit on 221pmSunday30182023-06-25T23:18:19-05:00221 by BalticB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

I certainly believe that something to the effect of a payoff was done. It will probably never be provable to anyone though. I mean in grade school I learned (1970's) that the US had to go to war with Spain because for some odd reason they blew up an American battleship in a Spanish controlled harbor that the battleship was invited to. So even after 80 or whatever years, that was the story and everyone is sticking to it - regardless of how absurd it sounds. Of course I would think that however it did actually blow up, our interest in seeing Cuba become "independent" from Spain surely had something to do with it...

Anyway, our government and most others will stick to the story they presented here no matter how much evidence is found to the contrary. And alot of people will believe it. And they will get mad if you question it.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The popularity of Putin within Russia and in the non-western world has never been higher.

That line is actually a flat-out lie (not surprised). Putin's popularity is at its lowest. Citizens are unhappy with the war in Ukraine and are not liking being drafted. However - I do believe this was a squabble between the two military men, and not Putin.

Kim Dotcom then posted this meme suggesting the $6.2 billion for Ukraine that Pentagon accountants “discovered” in June were actually pocketed by Prigozhin in return for his aborted coup attempt.

A meme? The evidence for this theory is a meme? My friends, this is only a mind exercise, not reality.

However - I can clearly tell that something is missing in the MSM reporting, it makes no sense for the Wagner Group to turn around for no reason when Putin was clearly caught with his pants down - he had no military forces in Russia to stop them!
edit on 26amMon, 26 Jun 2023 00:20:33 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust

That 6.2 billion is probably in a numbered Swiss account at this point. Probably deposited just prior to Pregozhin's advance toward Moscow.

It's reported that the entire Wagner forces, around 20 to 25 thousand strong, didn't participate. Only around 8,000, or maybe 2 brigades.
edit on 26-6-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

I don't think 2 brigades could have pulled off a coup such as is being reported. There is definitely something fishy about all of this.
edit on 26-6-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   
How does an accounting error of the US government where they over value aid given to Ukrain lead to money appearing on bank accounts?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Also, it gave the Wagner Group the perfect cover to relocate their forces to the northern boundaries of the war...

I said this yesterday in another thread. It´s only around 100km from Belarus to Kiev. Opening a second front would cause huge problems for the Ukraine. And this simply could be another tool to extend that war scenario over there, as long as it is useful and needed to excuse things which have in reality other causes than that war scenario over there.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That 6 billion was the value of equipment and munitions etc sent to Ukraine. Not cash.

So, no.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

From your own quote:

"The value of the accounting error was revised up from the $3 billion that was first reported by Reuters in May, the result of assigning a higher-than-warranted value on U.S. weaponry shipped to Ukraine."

Value. Not cash.

It's an accounting exercise.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Wondering if the troglodytes who berated me on here for suggesting this same thing two days ago will grow a spine and admit they were WRONG(again).

Or are they gonna lurk there in the shadows eating crow(again)?

This is becoming tiresome to see people in a community I once respected be so easily manipulated by mainstream shenanigans.

Insult away.

It's "value" of actual arms and equipment sent. Not cash.

Read the OPs source.

Enjoy your Crow. Bon appetit

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Also, it gave the Wagner Group the perfect cover to relocate their forces to the northern boundaries of the war without causing any alarm to the Ukrainian forces.

I wouldn't doubt Lindsey Graham was neck deep involved in this scheme, as well.
He and others like him will end up getting us all killed.

I think Ukraine might notice 25,000 WG on it's northern border and seeing how an attack on Kyiv is being speculated about all over the place it would hardly come as a surprise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join