It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab grown meat approved USDA for the public ......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Life is sufferring.
The animals raised in captivity who were never free do not behave the same as Free raised from birth animals. they are truly oblivious and do not care about anything but feed and sleep.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

What is the difference between meat grown in a egg or animal womb versus a lab? Why would be worse than the other?

On the surface this isn't a bad question, but the devil is in the details.

The ignorance displayed by your and others' comments is amazing, and it doesn't take much research to prove it.

The lab grown garbage is chock full of unnatural chemicals and who knows what else. It is a horrible monstrosity, and the fact that the USDA approved it for human consumption only goes to show that the USDA should be abolished, as it has completely gone off the rails - assuming it was ever on them to begin with.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's a bad excuse. That's like saying, slaves who were born into slavery, have never known anything else, and completely ignorant of freedom and the outside world, who have been minipulated so much that they only care about food and sleep; do not need freedom and the opportunity to live a full life. Because they have been conditioned to accept their life and wills have been broken.

How we treat others with lesser intelligence and strength shows a lot about our character.

These animals do not need to suffer. Even if they've never known freedom, they still experiance suffering and stress.

We have the opportunity, with modern farming, to move away from factory farming. It's a shame that we still make up bad excuses to justify it.

I can see malovent ETs making the same excuse to justify how they treat the human race. We should be uplifting life on Earth and not subside into apathy because "that's just the way it is".

I think we can do better. And that also applies to how we treat each other. Maybe the change won't occur in our lifetimes, but I hope one day we'll become a better species.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
a reply to: DBCowboy
It was also just soy and lentils.

No... it wasn't... it was just a movie.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yes and that's why technology like this may or will likely make that happen. When people would say to me "It could be worse" I always reply with "It could be better".

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Turquosie

There's a lot of slaughterhouses where the animals suffer a lot. And that's just the slaughterhouse, many times animals live a terrible life condensed together and in constant stress.

There is no justification for it, especially with plenty of vegan options and soon we'll have fake meat.

People just don't want to admit that they support this cruelty purely for their tastebuds. It's quite sad.

No wonder aliens don't want to reveal themselves to us. How can you respect human beings if we treat lower lifeforms and nature as something to be used up without mercy? We give no consideration and compassion to less intelligent species, why should ETs that are more intelligent than us show us any respect and compassion?

Ill eat people before i eat vegan. Animals were put on earth for MAN and other animals to use,eat,raise.
The chickens raised on a chicken farm are normally so stupid they will drown if left in the rain. NO JOKE.

You'd eat people before eating vegan, huh? Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dalmer would approve. Before ever going to such extremes, though, I'd really give some of the plant burger products and Tofurky brand products a try. You might also be surprised by how tasty and hearty a bean or lentil and barley vegetable soup is.

As for chickens drowning in the rain, it isn't from holding their beaks skyward, but rather from deep rain/flood waters sweeping them away and drowning as a human would in a flood. Or have you actually witnessed chickens -- as in full grown ones -- dying in a downpour while just standing around? Honestly curious, given that you said you worked in a chicken processing plant.

And as for animals being put on earth for man and other animals to eat, animals arose a long time before any humans were around, and humans and their ancestors were meat for big cats. And actually our creator(s) put all animals on earth for the benefit of our bacterial overlords.

Also industrial animal husbandry makes for a mighty grim life for the animals involved, it's nothing like hunting wild animals. Perhaps they are killed "humanely" these days, but their living conditions are anything but. And I saw a video of a Joni Ernst interview in a turkey slaughter yard, and nothing looked humane about it; the bird was shoved in, upside down and beheaded, fully conscious.

But back to the topic at hand, how would you feel about eating lab meat? I'll take Beyond Beef/Impossible Burger/Better than Burger/Boca Burgers and even Garden Burgers as well as Tofurky products over the real deal, naturally or lab grown. The fact that red and processed meat are class 2A carcinogens and are high in artery-clogging saturated fats has a lot to do with my preference.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think they're telling us this now, because they've already been doing it for quite some time.

Like cloning.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

You're lucky to have access to meat that isn't pumped full of antibiotics.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

No the chickens died in mass when they had no roofs on their pens. Its fascinating to watch them drown standing in the rain. Were not talking a light rain,were talking a hard dense rain. I should had specified the strenght. And not all of them will die. I didnt specify how many would drown. And were nto talking regular chickens with sharp instincts. were talking about the ones raised in a coop with no rain or weather touches them. THEY are DUMB. They dont have the same instints as the non coop raised.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
"Lab-grown meat typically has the same nutritional components — like protein — which also means it can come with the same unhealthy aspects — such as high levels of saturated fat and cholesterol — as traditionally made meat."

Well, that nonsense right there completely exposes anything and everything from that source as pure unadulterated BS.

It is now proven beyond any doubt whatsoever that the so-called 'science' that attempted to 'prove' that saturated fat and cholesterol are 'bad' was faked, and in fact the exact opposite is the actual truth - the meat and fat of ruminant animals is what man has evolved to eat over millions of years, and in fact is the absolutel highest form of nutrition that we can eat.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: rickymouse

We used to grill steaks every Sunday for years.
That stopped about 10 years ago.

Even butcher shops weren't getting the same quality beef. The meat in grocery stores just isn't the same....and worse than butcher store quality.

Test tube beef is not gonna happen for us.

Find a source for meat from a regenerative farmer. The absolute best quality comes from those who now are growing their own sprouted grains to finish them with, which produces a rich marbling similar to feed-lot finished, but with none of the negatives - meaning, the saturated fats are a perfect ratio of Omegas (3, 6 and 9)...

The taste is out of this world...
edit on 25-6-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Hypntick

I thought of getting into growing micro greens. Some people are saying you can make decent money off them once you have your set-up going. Also, itd just be nice to grow some nutritious food.

Greens (micro or otherwise) are very nutritious - for animals designed to consume them. Humans are evolved to eat the meat and fat of mostly large ruminant animals.

Microgreens would be extremely nutritious to use as finishing food for ruminant animals though, so there is that.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: chiefsmom

You're lucky to have access to meat that isn't pumped full of antibiotics.

It isn't that hard to find... anywhere...

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

We have the opportunity, with modern farming, to move away from factory farming. It's a shame that we still make up bad excuses to justify it.

I'm not sure who you mean by 'we, but 'we' are already doing just that. Have you not heard of the rapidly growing regenerative farming movement? If not, I suggest you learn a little something about what you are talking about before rattling on.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
The fact that red and processed meat are class 2A carcinogens and are high in artery-clogging saturated fats has a lot to do with my preference.

So, what will you do when you learn the reality that the so-called facts you just spewed are, in fact, one of the biggest frauds perpetrated on humanity, and that the exact opposite is, in fact, the real, actual truth.

The meat and saturated fat of ruminant animals is the absolute healthiest food possible for human beings. Period.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
It's seems the USDA has approved lab grown foods "Lab-grown meat is produced in large steel tanks using animal cell manipulation"

Who on Earth would buy or eat this stuff Is this going to be the norm ?

Would this explain all the food factory disasters and the killing of live stock ? There is no way this isn't a control feature we will have to deal with in the near future . We will all have Food replicators in our kitchen filled by the Government and rationed by the government .

Trust the Vaccine ? Then Trust our fake food also ! Time to start keeping chickens and Rabbits Quails ....

Source

To me this would mean no more fast food no more Processed foods no more going out to eat no more ordering pizza no more eating anything that I can't verify as real down to the last ingredient .

What could go wrong ?

Lab grown food
Synthetic food
Eating insects
15-minute cities
Energy lockdowns
Wearing your masks night & day

It smells a lot of woke nonsense.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Yes and that's why technology like this may or will likely make that happen. When people would say to me "It could be worse" I always reply with "It could be better".

We ain't replacing real food with synthetic food. You can have it. But I won't and most of us won't. I want to have a piece of dead animal in my plate just as my ancestors did and most other humans when they learnt how to hunt.

I don't want woke nonsense in my plate.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

You did not answer my question.

"Lab-grown meat is produced in large steel tanks using animal cell manipulation"

A petri-dish or bioreacter is exactly like an egg or animal womb is it not? What makes an egg or animal womb better in your opinion?

You could argue that the latter options grown into a complete animal, which is then slaughtered and select portions of the mean butchered and served versus a specific portion of meat / muscle being grown in a lab for direct consumption.

I would still prefer animal protein to bug "protein"..

enjoy your dinner then.

i hope the cells are humanely killed.

zombie meat.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i have about 2 lbs
of usa tenderloin tail in the fridge

going to use it starting tmw.

cut some small steaks out of it and the rest for fajitas and stir-fry.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join