It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab grown meat approved USDA for the public ......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's seems the USDA has approved lab grown foods "Lab-grown meat is produced in large steel tanks using animal cell manipulation"

Who on Earth would buy or eat this stuff Is this going to be the norm ?

Would this explain all the food factory disasters and the killing of live stock ? There is no way this isn't a control feature we will have to deal with in the near future . We will all have Food replicators in our kitchen filled by the Government and rationed by the government .

Trust the Vaccine ? Then Trust our fake food also ! Time to start keeping chickens and Rabbits Quails ....

Source

To me this would mean no more fast food no more Processed foods no more going out to eat no more ordering pizza no more eating anything that I can't verify as real down to the last ingredient .

What could go wrong ?
edit on 21-6-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

What is the difference between meat grown in a egg or animal womb versus a lab? Why would be worse than the other?

I will definitely prefer "real" meat, but this could be an option to maintain food sustainability, and perhaps even provide an option to individuals with limited means to have greater access to protein.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael

What is the difference between meat grown in a egg or animal womb versus a lab? Why would be worse than the other?

I will definitely prefer "real" meat, but this could be an option to maintain food sustainability, and perhaps even provide an option to individuals with limited means to have greater access to protein.

You are kidding right ? -

If that's the case eat the bugs before lab grown bio crap .

It's not the same at all they are not growing test tube animals to later slaughter and put on the table .

"Lab-grown meat is produced in large steel tanks using animal cell manipulation"

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

i guess it's better than filet min turd,

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i guess it's better than filet min turd,

We are doomed ......

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You did not answer my question.

"Lab-grown meat is produced in large steel tanks using animal cell manipulation"

A petri-dish or bioreacter is exactly like an egg or animal womb is it not? What makes an egg or animal womb better in your opinion?

You could argue that the latter options grown into a complete animal, which is then slaughtered and select portions of the mean butchered and served versus a specific portion of meat / muscle being grown in a lab for direct consumption.

I would still prefer animal protein to bug "protein"..

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Soylent Green was not a documentary.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael

I won't automatically reject food grown in a lab, but I'm suspicious of the "USDA approval" stamp. These govt agencies have been bought off long ago. The FDA, which is supposed to protect us from unsafe drugs, has been corrupt for decades. It's not even debatable.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We buy half a cow every year, and the chicken we get has bones in it. I do not buy boneless skinless chicken very often and now I probably will never buy it again

I wonder if the scientists who invented this actually eat it regularly. If I was a researcher I would never even sample it, I would find a dumb person who will be a guiney pig to test it. I doubt if long term consumption has been tested on this meat, they changed a lot of regulations with warp speed, if it is not required for a vaccine, then it is not required on anything, they cannot discriminate/

I will not be doing much eating of food in restaurants or eat food from any highly processed meals anymore. This also means that they can use the scraps to make broth and flavorings I suppose...everything from scratch now sounds like it will be our policy.

I personally cannot see how lab grown meat would be competitive against say a cow or Chicken in price. and cellular reproduction creates metabolic waste, which can be toxic if not processed out of the cells using metabolic channels and processes. Now are they going to put a kidney sucking out these metabolic toxins so the meat does not overload our immune system function? I think science has gone bunkers, they do not think correctly anymore, all they think about is getting money from a piece of the pie. It does not seem like this stuff has been evaluated properly...no testing for metabolic cellular waste is probably required to be done.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

Agree, in general.

I cannot see any real difference between meat derived from a previously living animal and "meat" derived from the cells of a living animal, but "grown" in another vessel.

Except for two possibilities: lab grown meat could be less susceptible to diseases propagated in the pastures, stockyards, and processing plants. And, the ethical considerations regarding the fact that lab grown meat does not require the killing of an otherwise healthy animal.

As to eating "bugs"....

I have eaten, and enjoyed escargot (snails) on several occasions, and enjoyed them very much!

And then there is lobster, crayfish (langostino), and crab. All of which are delicious, and, I would argue, not far removed from "bugs"!
edit on 21-6-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I haven't bought meat from a store in years, and obviously now I will not ever again. 1/2 cow, 1 full pig, chickens from my yard.

Can all the extra, and have plenty for years to come.

Do NOT trust the government.

You don't think they will change/manipulate how this is made?
Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

Right now, fake meat is more expensive than real meat. I'm reminded of, "Buy an electric car to save on gas!"

The only ways I see this could be a viable solution or business model...
1. The price of real meat skyrockets even higher, so that common people truly can no longer afford it.
2. It becomes so cheap that people/businesses will use it for filler. I can see the posted signs now; Less than 25% of the meat in our menu items is lab-grown!
3. It evolves into more of a non-profit humanitarian business model that brings protein sources to under-nourished communities/villages/countries.
4. Governments force this upon their people. See also, number 1. Special bonus: if needed, secret ingredients can be added to placate the masses.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can't wait to read about how badly it fails.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The science (and technology) used to grow meat in the lab does not seem to be all that different (excepting for scale) as that employed to grow replacement skin for burn patient grafts. In fact, the skin grafts for burn patients, as I understand, currently utilize a bio-neutral synthetic matrix as an implantation bed to which the skin cells can anchor.

So should we "trust the science" to help heal the unfortunate when they are at their most vulnerable, but distrust it when the dinner bell rings and filet is on the menu?

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

To me this would mean no more fast food no more Processed foods no more going out to eat no more ordering pizza no more eating anything that I can't verify as real down to the last ingredient .

What could go wrong ?

I certainly wont be rushing out to eat anything grown in a lab BUT what is your last statement all about

you think you can verify what is in fast food????

A U.S. judge rules that Subway can be sued over its '100% tuna' claim

9 Fast-Food Chains With Questionable Ingredients

The 10 Most Toxic Ingredients Lurking in Fast Food

Toxic compounds used to make industrial tubing and rubber gloves are found in 80% of McDonald's, Burger King and Pizza Hut food

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

What makes you think that they will stop at replicating "natural" meat? You don't think they're tempted to "improve" on what nature created? How would you know? There's already controversies over antibiotics, hormones, etc. in real meat - where would a lab draw the line? They could inoculate an entire population without a single jab - with god knows what.

Sorry, HARD PASS for me.

edit on 6 21 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

What could go wrong ?

I certainly wont be rushing out to eat anything grown in a lab BUT what is your last statement all about

you think you can verify what is in fast food????

A U.S. judge rules that Subway can be sued over its '100% tuna' claim

9 Fast-Food Chains With Questionable Ingredients

The 10 Most Toxic Ingredients Lurking in Fast Food

Toxic compounds used to make industrial tubing and rubber gloves are found in 80% of McDonald's, Burger King and Pizza Hut food

No no way to verify anything in fast food but depending on how cheap the lab meat is it will be over produced used as filler for your 10% beef burger ,

Actually caught Arbys doing this with a Wago burger guaranteed to be at least 10% Wago . I guess it's been time to avoid fast/processed foods might have started around when we couldn't understand the Ingredients on the labels .

It's not even just food any more I was told I had Cancer but It turned out to be the preservative in the flush able wipes I was using can't trust anything anymore .

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is this going to be something like the farm raised fish? The fish are fed ground up and pelletized fish. To grow fish on a form, you have to have wild fish to make their food.

This goo will need some.food to grow. What will that food be, pureed meet?
edit on 21-6-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Never understood the opposition to stuff like this tbh. But then again I choose not to eat meat full stop. I find modern animal farming really quite distasteful.

I would probably eat lab grown meat. Wouldn't eat the insects though.

Seems to have nothing but benefits honestly. In the future they'll be able to produce more food more efficiently using less space & resources and with significantly less cruelty. Fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Soylent Green was not a documentary.

2nd.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join