It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation outlook hits two-year low in latest New York Fed survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So now they are lying about inflation data.
According to the New York Fed Survey, the Inflation outlook hits to a two year low.
If you actually go to the stores or try to buy certain items, food.

The reality is much different what it is being reported.

Inflation outlook hits two-year low in latest New York Fed survey

Consumers are growing more optimistic that inflation is on the way down, according to a New York Federal Reserve survey released Monday.

Which Consumers are growing more optimistic? the ones who can afford it? compared those that cant? there is a number of things wrong in this Fed Survey.

You have food prices still going up.
Even Bloomberg reported that US Food Prices Are Still Up 8.2% Online Even as Inflation Cools? if the reports were true that Inflation were to cools.

The prices of food and other items would also cool.

Unfortunately what is being reported it is not true.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

How do you know?

How do you know the consumers are wrong? You live in Serbia or Russia or wherever and don't even know what's going on inside your own country due to censorship and propaganda, but you're saying you know first hand how things are here, from across the ocean.

You're just trying to sow discord as you always do, and I reject it and your feeble attempts. Knock it off, please.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

How do you know?

How do you know the consumers are wrong? You live in Serbia or Russia or wherever and don't even know what's going on inside your own country due to censorship and propaganda, but you're saying you know first hand how things are here, from across the ocean.

You're just trying to sow discord as you always do, and I reject it and your feeble attempts. Knock it off, please.

No, he/she is not. Prices are through the roof in the states.

8% inflation my ass.

Biden needs his butt wiped. Do your job and wipe it for him.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Funny, I live here in the US. MI to be clear.

Prices are stupid high.

So...
Don't know where the OP lives, but they are correct.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
FOR CLARITY:
This is NOT a consumer survey
The FED does not go around to houses and grocery stores to ask questions
The surveys they conduct are with pre established relationships with "market participants", which they have formed with banks, investment firms and other institutions. Including sources outside the U.S.

Survey of Market Participants

For example, while the survey may conclude "Consumers are growing more optimistic", these are consumers of the FED directly, NOT you and I

These market participants foresee changes in the economy long before they ever hit consumers like us. Changes like investments that help gauge consumer spending like mortgages or business loans, stresses in supply chains (hence the sources outside the US)

It would seem the OP is using this information to spread disinformation. you can check my sources.

Also i live in Florida, not much change in the high cost of things like meats and dairy but other items, like gas is on the decline

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Prices says otherwise and prices had being rising not going nor slowing.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

not much change in the high cost of things like meats and dairy but other items, like gas is on the decline

For now.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

damn wonders never cease, a thread of yours that i agree with your opinion on.

they some lying SOB's bastards, and when it seems prices just might start to go down, a strike at major ports, bridges burn up on major traffic arteries, 18,000 cows die at one time or chicken burn up or catch the brid flu, or some sh@@ like that happens that can and most times does cause prices to stay or rise higher . if one didn't know it they might think their tinfoil hat was on to tight.

edit on 12-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I just Paid 3 Dollars for a Pack of Trident Gum .............WTF ?

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well one has to understand how they mean inflation is down. Inflation is measured year over year, not this year compared to 2021 when the madness in inflation began. Egg prices have dropped significantly. I get 18 extra large eggs for 2.00$ in Tampa Florida. Gallon milk is 2.96 if purchasing from Walmart, but averages 4.50-5.50 anywhere else.

Even if prices were even this year compared to last year, the technical analysis would be a slowdown in inflation since instead of rising they just stayed the same.

Chicken wings are still expensive, but have dropped in price slightly. Eggs, bread loaves, gallon milks and chicken are pretty good indicators of where inflation is at. Some beef prices are dropping subtly as well.

In all honesty I suspect our government was arranging shipments of mass quantities of food from industrial producers to feed the Ukrainian army and the foreign mercenaries and NATO officers assisting them and that is why food got so expensive last year.

Although prices are still high, they have stabilized and even dropped down in some instances, which indicates a cooling down of inflation. Unfortunately property and land is still up there.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

CPI data is released tomorrow 8:30 am EST

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The minute you see NY or Feds its a given anything said is horse pucky.

NYC shouldn't ever be used as benchmark for anything cause that city is it's own clown world.
Almost never does anything happening there reflect the views, economy,social angst or free market of the rest of the US except for maybe Hollyweird.

Food prices keep inching up here. Especially meats & dairy.
Epically fubar'd prepping anything for my work lunch. Went to grab one at the gas station/convience store an had the privilege of paying 3.99 for a simple sandwich. 70 cents extra for each Mayo packet unless eating a dry sandwich is your cup of tea. The" Me" of 5yrs ago would have stroked right out. The "Me" of today didn't bat a eye.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The Fed & White House new favorite inflation metric [conveniently] excludes food, energy, & housing costs (3 categories that tend to cost the typical American the MOST, and happen to have all skyrocketed in price since the COVID stimulus/PPP loans/shutting down the economy etc.).

Supercore Inflation Excludes Food, Energy And Housing

Shadowstats inflation data (using the less dishonest measurements used a few decades ago) show consumer price inflation hovering at around 13 to 14%

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Prices says otherwise and prices had being rising not going nor slowing.

It’s amazing this epidemic of flat out lying about everything on the left. I swear they are on the verge of going full insane and supporting a Hitler-like leader.
Trumps lawyer was on stephanopolous’ show and described everything that we have evidence of Biden doing, and little George just said “that’s an outrageous charge !” Basically “nuh uh !!“ to everything we know to be true.
The guy just looked at him with a WTF look on his face. I guess you really can’t do much when the person is lying their ass off. Kareem Jabbar Pierre does it every day all day in defense of Biden.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Todays CPI data

Inflation at lowest in two years

Its a mixed bag, down YoY, but over all it is only slightly lower, 0.1%, than what most institutions were expecting.

FOMC in about 24 hours. Most experts are saying they think the FED will not raise rates. I feel differently. I could see an argument for another .25 increase but I'm a bit of a pessimist so I'm ok with being wrong
I don't think this will have any drastic changes in what we pay for products, but a raise in rates would basically increase income for these big institutions that hold massive amounts of debt, in the form of higher monthly payments by people like you and me
edit on 13am30800000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
**not financial advice**

im doubling down on my prediction
I am purchasing $143.00 calls for 6-16 expiries on JPM. I purchased 10 contracts totaling 460.00
in laymans terms, I'm betting that JPM shares will rise to 143 or better by the end of the week.

they made a deal with the fed to absorb all the debt from the 3 banks that failed, which means IF the fed raises interest rates JPM will make substantially more money MoM.
This would also preclude that the FED and JPM are corrupt and manipulating the economy.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm going on the record to admit I was wrong, the fed didn't raise rates
While I almost sold these options for a 40% loss yesterday I am up 60% on the day currently and rising
with theta decay im currently up 20 dollars....

top topics

join