It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Biden Choose Barack as VP in 2024..sorry, be told to take Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This could happen. Now, I know we hear a lot about Michelle Obama but sorry, that will never happen. She is not the type of person who would be able to handle the pressure of the campaign but do you know who could? Her Husband.Joe Biden could easily win a second term when the same things are applied as 2020. They cheated. Get over it. You know they did.

Barack Obama, effectively, is running the country with those who put him in power in the first place back in 2008. Now, if Biden decides to not keep Harris, but add Obama, it would be a shoe-in for 2024. The worst part about it is we know that Biden is in deep with his son and his own dealings as Senator and VP. Don't try to deny it. He is actually guilty of things they are accusing other of right now.

This ticket would destroy anyone, and with his age, and the accusations, it would be an easy transition that would allow Barack to then become president again.

What say you ATS? Is this to far fetched? I could easily see Barack accepting knowing what would happen. I mean, i would not even put it past them to 'put Joe down' for even more sympathy.

TPTB will do anything to keep certain people out of office, meaning those who push and believe in their Progressive agenda.

Link

At first blush, the 22nd Amendment might be thought to preclude Obama from being on the 2024 ticket. That amendment provides: “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice …” (emphasis added). While Obama is precluded from ever running again for election as president, the amendment does not prohibit him from running for any other office, including vice-president. Nor does the last sentence of the 12th Amendment disqualify him. It stipulates that “no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States” (emphasis added). For several reasons, this requirement does not expand Obama’s inability under the 22nd Amendment to run for election as president.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This would not be constitutional.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Correct.
Obama can not hold the term of president any longer, so to my knowledge is not eligible for the position of VP.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Suppose that Happens and Joe Dies in Office in his Second Term With Obamanation as his VP . Would Obamanation who is Now the VP Take Over after Joe is Gone ? I do not Think that Would be Theoretically Constitutional considering Obamanation has Already Served 2 Terms as POTUS . So , the Next in Line would be the Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy ? Ugh !

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The VP must be eligible to be the POTUS.

Obama isn't. And not because he isn't a natural born citizen this time.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

In addition to what has already been pointed out, I really don't think Joe is gonna make it.
Sure he is a good puppet but lets face it, he's going senile, his mental capacity has greatly diminished just since taking office. Either that or the person we see in public all the time fumbling his words and falling over nothing...is his double
unfortunately I feel by the time the election is here, the GOP will have some semblance of their # together and give kennedy/scott a good show for the masses

to note, the 2 party system needs to be demolished, its just the same coin that's keeps on spinning the way the MIC wants it to...$$$

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There's an issue here that needs to be addressed. The Constitution says "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once"

If Obama runs with Biden, he would be elected as Vice President. If something were to happen to Biden there is the possibility that Obama could take office because he wouldn't have been elected as President.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Nice.....

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Correct. He would not be elected he would be put into that position. It is a scary concept that I am sure would go to the SCOTUS but it was a good article I thought.

Again, they are afraid of Trump no matter what the media or the talking heads say. If they weren't, they would leave him alone because politicians only care about those who can either make them more money...or take away the pipeline.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Obama can hold a total of ten years as POTUS, so he could only rule for two years in your scenario. I guess whomever he chose to be VP would have to take over if Biden expired before serving half of his second term, but it wouldn't matter; the country won't last that long under the current game plan.
edit on 700000033America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

constitution PFFFT. What is that?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

to note, the 2 party system needs to be demolished, its just the same coin that's keeps on spinning the way the MIC wants it to...$$$

There is nothing to demolish or abolish. The so-called "2 party system" is not enshrined anywhere. It's not a system at all. Anyone can start a political party. As I'm sure you know, that has been done several times in the past. Ross Perot gave it a try, just as one relatively recent example. At any given time or election, there are numerous "third-parties" running: The Libertarian, the Greens, the Constitution. Those are just three of the many third parties in the US.

The idea that we "must disband the 2-party system" reflects a gross misunderstanding of the "system" as it exists. You can't hope to change anything if you are that ignorant on how the system works.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It clearly says “ineligible to be pres, ineligible to be VP”.
I mean, how much better can it be delineated ?
Of course lefties will say that’s not what it means.
Water is wet, the sky is blue, lefties lie and prevaricate.
Yes, it does say “elected” in the first sentence. That’s why they put in the last sentence, to keep people from playing the word games.
If screwing around with former presidents using beards to get back in the WH over and over was allowed, somebody could be in there basically permanently. Putin did this once or twice for laughs.
Of course we want to emulate that.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

It would be a constitutional crisis for sure, and I could easily see it being the straw that breaks the camel's back the way feelings are in this country right now. And if things go badly and the conservatives lose, you know how history will be taught - we did it because we're a bunch of white nationalist racists and no other reason. Then everyone will bow to dear leader, bless our "democracy", fill out the ballot for the candidates they are told to vote for, and cheer when their chocolate ration is increased from 8 oz to 6.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

I posted the actual text of the Amendment in my post. I suggest that you read it. The VP is mentioned nowhere in it.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm still of the opinion that all of the "peaceful protests" in 2020 were to frighten the USSC from ruling on the validity of the election.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I know exactly how it works, with the exception of this next cycle I have been a candidate for president in several states.
But I am not allowed to debate.
I am not allowed to have my name printed on the ballot as a candidate unless I receive a certain percentage of the popular vote in the election prior.
do you know what the requirements are for presidential candidates in Georgia? $65,000
ill give you one guess who made that law, you got a 50/50% chance at best.
then you have to pay the county commissioners to count the votes, that was an unexpected reaming the first time around, guess who runs those offices, again you got a 50/50% chance at best
you see where this is going?

Dont even get me started on the electoral college

edit on 04pm30500000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

cmon educate me, tell me again about these "other" parties...
house of rep. party breakdown 118th congress
US senate party division

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: stevieray

I posted the actual text of the Amendment in my post. I suggest that you read it. The VP is mentioned nowhere in it.

So that quote in the OP wasn’t the real thing ?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm still of the opinion that all of the "peaceful protests" in 2020 were to frighten the USSC from ruling on the validity of the election.

Absolutely.
BLM, antifa, Chaz, Chop, BAMN, trans lunatics ….. the shock troops of the current dem-leftist movement.
If the movement is successful enough, these sorry bastards may get promoted to the new SS and get on the govt payroll.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Though I'd love some more of that Obama economy, can't do it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join