It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood, FL Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not many details out yet. This caught my attention particularly because one of my best friends lives in Hollywood and we just visited them several months ago, and were right where the picture from the article is showing. Will be watching for updates:

At least nine people were wounded in a mass shooting at Florida’s Hollywood Beach on Memorial Day, according to reports.

Source: Flo rida beach shooting - live: Nine victims shot in Hollywood Beach Memorial Day mass shooting

Another source

From the 2nd link:

The news station says that at least five people were taken into custody and one suspect may still be on the loose after the incident.

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Are mass shootings becoming more common place, or just featured in the news more? Serious question, because they've been common place in a few big cities for years with very little media attention.

We do seem to be having more in places where it hasn't been a regular occurrence, leaving me to wonder what's driving it?

Would it be wrong of me to wonder if the millions of unvetted immigrants of a certain age might be a contributing factor? The U-Haul incident at the capital died out pretty quickly, leaving more questions than answers.
edit on 100000088America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

edit on 100000088America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

My understanding is also that most mass shootings are gang-related, and if it's not a "white supremacist" male they conveniently neglect to mention race or other details. Interesting how that works

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Someone will be here shortly to tell you how more guns would have stopped this from happening.

+17 more 
posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Welcome to ATS. Someone will be here shortly to tell you how more guns would have stopped this from happening.

Murder is already illegal.

What gun laws would have stopped it?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Are mass shootings becoming more common place, or just featured in the news more? Serious question, because they've been common place in a few big cities for years with very little media attention.

We do seem to be having more in places where it hasn't been a regular occurrence, leaving me to wonder what's driving it?

Would it be wrong of me to wonder if the millions of unvetted immigrants of a certain age might be a contributing factor? The U-Haul incident at the capital died out pretty quickly, leaving more questions than answers.

Your stats aren’t reflecting mass shootings.
Which are a different phenomenon.
Where are the mass shootings occurring?
edit on 29-5-2023 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What, then, would you suggest is the answer??

If you come into my home, or those of my family, with evil intent--you're likely to run into more trouble than you know how to deal with.

Why is that, you ask?? C'mon, you know you want to ask...

It's because there are guns close to hands that know how to use them.

So, yep, here I am to say just that. Someone trained, and willing, might have been able to curtail the carnage.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

to steal a line, it was homeboy gang bangers.

Officials say that incident began with altercation between two groups Hollywood officials say that the incident started with an altercation between two groups, which escalated with shots being fired. The news station says that one person was taken into custody and one suspect may still be on the loose after the incident, reported CBS Miami.
Florida beach shooting - live: Nine victims shot at Miami’s Hollywood Beach in Memorial Day mass shooting

in other words crime that happens everyday. not your nut job or terrorist deal. for example 44 people shot of which 9 were killed in Chicago over the holiday.

criminals are gonna find a way, be it bats, hatchet, knife, car, brick, full beer bottle, you name it and somebody will figure a way to kill people with it. oh and i almost forgot hammers, there was one fella that was singing, if i had a hammer, i'd hammer paul in the morning, i'd hammer nancy in the evening.
edit on 29-5-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: nugget1

Your stats aren’t reflecting mass shootings.
Which are a different phenomenon.

I think this is a bit disingenuous. How much do we need to separate different types of shootings before its acceptable to correlate other relevant data? These data points include mass shootings. And lets not forget the media penchant for portraying anything they can as a mass event for higher impact ratings.

Here in Chicago any shooting that involves more than one victim is considered a mass shooting. When most people hear "mass shooting" they think many victims, not two. But 'mass shooting' sounds good. Its like 'assault style rifle'. There is no such thing, but it sounds good and gets people riled up, and that is all its meant to do.

Shootings can occur anywhere. Most of them happen in democrat controlled cities/states. That is just a fact. And some that happen in republican controlled cities/states are committed by the left leaners. Its not suburban republicans shooting up the inner city neighborhoods where the majority of these crimes take place. Its the democrats who live there doing that.

No matter how you slice it, its the party of gun control, open borders, free everything, no consequences, get out of jail free for felons who own this.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

It might be easier to point out, within the US, where they are NOT happening...
Gun Violence Archive .org
How many

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
And lets not forget the media penchant for portraying anything they can as a mass event for higher impact ratings.

Here in Chicago any shooting that involves more than one victim is considered a mass shooting. When most people hear "mass shooting" they think many victims, not two. But 'mass shooting' sounds good. Its like 'assault style rifle'. There is no such thing, but it sounds good and gets people riled up, and that is all its meant to do.

They were all covid deaths....
edit on 29pm31900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Murder is already illegal.

What gun laws would have stopped it?

I didn’t see where that post mentioned gun laws though.
Just the inane idea that there really are people that think more guns will solve the problem. Like arming teachers.

Do you have any ideas on stopping gun violence?
Especially mass shootings? Maybe remind people that AR-15s are not religious totems?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Clearly more drag shows would have stopped it.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Honestly. At least to me a murder often is personal.
The killer knows their victim pretty often.
Gangs and domestic violence.

Mass killings are sometime personal, but very often the shooter wants to go out with a bang. Just kill as many as possible.

There are exceptions of course. But I think there are core differences in these two kinds of killings.
All of them are horrible though.
And nobody wants to step up and offer a solution.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Without human deaths due to murders, sickness and abortions, there would be more people here than the U.S. could sustain.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I've got one, stop supporting lying, deceptive politicians and political parties that continue to divide the country with hate.
When was the last time a politician ran on their own values and not the faults they perceive in others.

Nope instead they lie, divide and conquer, and make money while doing it, at our expense
stop supporting them

Then maybe we as a nation can unite and figure out some real solutions

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Define mass shooting, because the definition has changed multiple times since columbine.

If we cant agree on what a mass shooting is its kind of hard to address it.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Im assuming this was those scary white MAGA conservatives the NAACP warned people about

They tried to tell us.
edit on 29-5-2023 by soundsofmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

From your link, mass shootings so far in 2023:

There seems to be some clues here, and outlawing guns isn't working.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i just noticed the map i linked, it states...

A mass shooting is defined by the Gun Violence Archive as four or more people injured or killed, not including the perpetrator. Last Updated May 15, 2023.

Are these acceptable terms?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
oh and i almost forgot hammers, there was one fella that was singing, if i had a hammer, i'd hammer paul in the morning, i'd hammer nancy in the evening.

But Paul didn't die.

Sure criminals will always find a way to be violent. But firearms have the unique quality of making murder easy from a distance as compared to hammers, bats, hatchets and bricks.

Sure you're trained military expert might be able to do some serious damage with a brick from a distance if they wanted too. But you're typical gang banger couldn't.

The real argument would be with the ease of smuggling illegal material over our border thanks to Democrat policies, no gun laws would ever take the guns out of the hands of criminals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join