It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submission of women.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe in love, honor, and respect versus obey. Giving your will over to someone who might use it against you is a bad situation.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who said I wasn't against islamic oppression against women? Just because I didn't comment in some distant thread? haha

There are plenty of more moderate muslims who don't believe in such things, but I am completely against the muslims who oppress and abuse women. Which, happends a lot in Muslim countries.

Typical of religious patriarchal societies though.

Religion is one of the worst abusers of women throughout history. I hope the middle east moves beyond their opressive mentality towards women. This notion that women should be loyal and subserviant to their man is an old concept that has died in west for good reason. It promotes a society that discourages and condemns women from living a free life.

edit on 22-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

What is good to do is good to do. - Logic

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eyesopen777
I believe in love, honor, and respect versus obey. Giving your will over to someone who might use it against you is a bad situation.

Agreed. Iv'e seen quite a few bad situations of women who come from countries which lean more towards this idea of a wife obeying her husband. Abuse, supression, depression and often living unfulfilled lives.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: ketsuko

There are plenty of more moderate muslims who don't believe in such things, but I am completely against the muslims who oppress and abuse women. Which, happends a lot in Muslim countries.

Happens a lot? If you look at snapmap in Saudia Arabia or Afganistan, you won't find any women lol...I used to believe islam was one of the "Abrahamic religions"...but let's be real honest withoutsleves, Hebew and Christianity's underlying message is the complete opposite of Islam...

Jesus wasn't telling people to submit to God, he was teaching people how to love one another. We open our hearts to him. Jesus spreads love, not Authoritarianism. It was his "government" that crucified him...religion was never meant to a part of state.

When you listen to the conspiracy theories that revolve christianity, the warnings of "spiritual warfare", being "enslaved"...man that # is actually taking place with technology as the vessel, and it's being carried out by the muslim brotherhood under the guise of "spiritual warfare"...

"Mary is the most revered woman in Islam"...she wouldn't be allowed to leave the house if she was living present day Suadia Arabia...

I love you.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The fear and disturbance, the chaos and confusion

from a word so beautiful without conflict

can only be related to as bad by the ones with evil intentions demanding what they think that submission means, the sadistic, the cruel, the unmannered.

You know, when someone wants to make me the most beautiful pond in my garden, I happily join creating it. I see nothing wrong in a wise women aiding me in my daily life, after all, it's not like nothing is given in return.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonSlade

I do agree that Islam is the worst of the Abrahamic relgions. The abrahamic religions all have major problems that go against modern values. Islam being the worst of it. People tend to ignore that these holy books are flawed and written by men with old values of "equality".

Christianity, it probably the better of the three, as like you said, modern Christianity tends to focus on loving your fellow man and Christ. And tends to ignore verses that promote slavery or treating women as lesser.

Hopefully, one day, Islam with become modernized like Christianity. The problem with Abrahamic religions is the old dogma and old morals that accompany these religions. I'd prefer if we could eventually move away from such out-dated values, but I don't think people will start to drop the major religions any time soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Submission stands contrary to subjection. I see the free willingness of submission, that's all. It's often not much appreciated and see, where does life take us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join