It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Must Be Destoryed Says Hawk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just wish we could live in a land of liberty like Russia, a bastion for freedom for almost decades now.

They are free from the world bank and swift system. Been a lot of freedom on the international sports scene. I don't get why Russia is that bad that it must be destroyed yet again. Long term these kind of things just makes that nation tougher and nastier with those that survive.

Political dissidence sounds like a bad career choice in Russia, this one don't work too well in the west either.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I always find it frustrating, and worry that a lot of people around the world cannot distinguish individual people and the country they are from. If the government is bad, then all the people are back.

It drives me mad that certain people say we should bomb this country and that country, not taking into account that these countries are filled with individual people.

It's like they refuse to see this, but rather see the country as a collective, bit like the borg or an ant colony.

It's sociopathic leaders like putin who makes these decisions. It's crazy how one person can decide who lives or dies, or if their will be a nuclear war or not!

They are not mini gods! Most of them are sociopaths.

It's always the normal people that suffer. But we never learn! We will always give too much power to one person, and it does not help that some leaders are looked Spon as mini Gods.

Very sad

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

If you look at it realistically, they still haven’t produced a true 5th Gen. The Su-57 has a reduced RCS, but it’s going to be similar to the F-18, which isn’t stealthy at all. The Su-57 is more like 4.5 Gen.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Would de-story-ing Russia mean banning Dr Zhivago?

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

This nutter does not speak for anyone other than himself. Who cares?

Then you have actual hawks with actual influence in Russia like that clown Medvedev calling for the UK to be nuked with tsunami torpedoes, Sunak to be taken out with a hypersonic missile and arming the IRA to attack the Monarchy?

Do you condemn that?

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

They are free from the world bank and swift system.

Which would have actually been an interesting case study had they not gone into full scale war.

Russia has been paying off its debt and swapping for gold for years now. They could have been an example if they let that play out and shown fiscal success. But then they involved themselves in the biggest war a major country has seen in many decades.

That said, I can appreciate the concerns on that front. It’s why I keep a small percentage of my holdings in crypto to hedge my other market bets.

Political dissidence sounds like a bad career choice in Russia, this one don't work too well in the west either.

That’s true, although the punishments here are usually just being canceled.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No worries, vNex. No one (in the West, at least) intends to invade Russia.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes, he should be more concerned about China.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to condemn that clown hawk Medvedev for pushing to tsunami nuke the UK, murder our PM and arm the IRA to attack our Monarchy.

If you won't do that I can only conclude that you are a massive hypocrite and that this thread stands as a monument to that?

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I do know they are quickly losing in the aircraft game...which is sad as I do admire the older soviet airframes for what they were. With many other countries stepping up though they are quickly falling behind. Even china with all its stolen tech can't sort out a proper engine for their J-20. The US seems to be a good 10-20 years ahead of the competition...at least with whats known now publicly.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

China is doing a good job at catching up. The J-20 is actual LO, possibly VLO from certain aspects. Russia has always been more about maneuverability and numbers, instead of building a few silver bullets. People are learning now that those few silver bullets are going to make a much bigger difference in a battle than previously thought. One of the big things about the F-35 that people don't understand is how it's radically changed the concept of aerial warfare. No one else has anything close to that. The J-20 is probably the closest, but it doesn't match the F-35 in terms of information gathering, and the ability to disseminate information. There have been a few run ins with them involving F-22s and F-35s to date. The general consensus is that it's impressive, and a very real threat to certain aircraft, like our tankers and AWACS, but it's not the threat that China hoped it would be.

The Su-57 on the other hand, contrary to what the internet would have you think, has very few signs of LO aspect, even from the front. In fact, if you look at pictures from the front, you can see all the way to the engine fan, which is one of the biggest radar reflectors on the aircraft. That's why stealth aircraft have S ducts, or screens in the case of the F-117. it keeps the radar from getting to the fan. The Su families are generally considered super maneuverable, which is useful in terms of a dogfight, but with the way air war has changed, if you're in a dogfight, someone screwed up royally. Russia is falling farther behind in several areas, because they are sticking to their old ways in terms of weapons, and it's being learned that those don't work.
edit on 5/20/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I do know they are quickly losing in the aircraft game

Not quite. Russia has the resources and time.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And yet, they're still years behind. There are reports that Aeroflot is telling crews not to report problems, so they don't have to ground their planes, because they don't have, and can't get spares for them. Russia has yet to produce a reliable engine that can stay in use for tens of thousands of hours. That isn't something you make up quickly, or cheaply.
edit on 5/20/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

During WW2, the Russian tanks did not match the German engineering, but they could build a lot of them quick and cheep. Lasted long enough to get the job done.

It is looking like Ukraine is acting like some kind of pressure value for now. With things getting more disconnected from the west over the years, war is still one way nations have interacted in the past. The US is funding a lot of this conflict, Biden has no interest in peace talks, I don't see things changing much anytime soon.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That's not going to work nearly as well anymore. That kind of thing works really well when the technology levels are similar, and they systems are both fairly basic. But you can't build a modern aircraft quickly, or cheaply. They could probably build hundreds of MiG-21s, but even our older aircraft can handle them.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   

While they potentially could...currently they haven't. They are massively behind on the aircraft game and it shows. One thing you will find about ATS is that there is a very learned and intelligent aircraft community here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join