It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP-led U.S. House is Only in Session for 113 Days in 2023 - That is Not Acceptable.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Friday, May 19, 2023

Over recent weeks, I've listened to GOP members of the House describe how they plan to subpoena people for questioning, and also hold hearings on specific topics of great interest to Americans who gave them the House Majority, for 2023 and 2024.

But during the interviews the leaders of these committees and Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, always refer to future dates that seem a long way off.

Like this morning, House Oversight Committee Chairman said (on FoxNews) that he plans to subpoena Hunter Biden, if they can squeeze him into the schedule this Summer.

I went to online to see what the House Schedule is, and was BLOWN AWAY!

THIS YEAR, they are only in Session for 113 days, according to their official calendar!

SEE HERE: www.majorityleader.gov... (PDF)

Four years ago, I started a thread complaining that our Congressmen/women were getting $174,000 for only being in session 147 days a year.

Since then, more and larger troubles are facing our nation, yet they have REDUCED the number of days dedicated to taking care of WE THE PEOPLE, from 147 to 113. Whether you think Congress is worthwhile or not, intentionally working less is NOT RIGHT (imo).

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, May 19, 2023

Over recent weeks, I've listened to GOP members of the House describe how they plan to subpoena people for questioning, and also hold hearings on specific topics of great interest to Americans who gave them the House Majority, for 2023 and 2024.

But during the interviews the leaders of these committees and Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, always refer to future dates that seem a long way off.

Like this morning, House Oversight Committee Chairman said (on FoxNews) that he plans to subpoena Hunter Biden, if they can squeeze him into the schedule this Summer.

THIS YEAR, they are only in Session for 113 days, according to their official calendar!

Four years ago, I started a thread complaining that our Congressmen/women were getting $174,000 for only being in session 147 days a year.

Since then, more and larger troubles are facing our nation, yet they have REDUCED the number of days dedicated to taking care of WE THE PEOPLE, from 147 to 113. Whether you think Congress is worthwhile or not, intentionally working less is NOT RIGHT (imo).

-CareWeMust

Do you Feel this is being done Deliberately ?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
All politicians are like that, the dems weren't much better, as you mentioned. Getting 60-70% of the year off is not very hard work.

Some people are work-horses, and some people are show-horses. Unfortunately for everyone, the GOP today is made up mostly of show-horses. The dems aren't far behind.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Where do I sign for double my pay at half the working days?

Considering these twits also get to make decisions that impact stock prices and take bribes it seems like a pretty good gig

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Friday, May 19, 2023

-CareWeMust

Do you Feel this is being done Deliberately ?

Obviously, whomever set up the schedule did so intentionally. What his/her underlying thinking was, is a MYSTERY.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

You made me realize something..

When Democrats have the House Majority, Republican citizens want them "Not in Session" as much as possible.

When Republicans have the House Majority, Democrat citizens want them "Not in Session" as much as possible.

Democrats (voters, media, etc.,) are probably thrilled to see the House meeting/voting for only 113 days this year?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Where do I sign for double my pay at half the working days?

Considering these twits also get to make decisions that impact stock prices and take bribes it seems like a pretty good gig

All you have to do is get a few big wigs to push you over the finish line first, like they did for John Fetterman.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"They don't give a F@#k about you." George Carlin

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Politicians claim to be representatives of We The People, right ?

So, let's pay them the salary of the average American worker and they only get paid while they are working.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

"They don't give a F@#k about you." George Carlin

In many ways, he was right, because what Congress spends most of their 113 days working on, are things that are not priority #1 for the majority of Americans.

And furthermore, Diane Feinstein and John Fetterman have exposed how EASY it is to be a U.S. Senator. I suspect being a Congressman only requires that one can raise a finger to vote "Aye", when told.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Politicians claim to be representatives of We The People, right ?

So, let's pay them the salary of the average American worker and they only get paid while they are working.

You mean, we should be their bosses? What if they say, "we're working from home"?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The less those idiots are screwing things up, the better it is for the country. I'd be in favor of paying them $250k if they only were there 30 days a year.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lets make a list of what they have accomplished this year.

1. Send millions and millions to Ukraine.
2. ?
3. ?

Maybe they are just following the big guys lead?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything of importance passed, other than of great negative consequences to the average citizen.

You have a Democrat controlled senate and a POTUS who promises to veto anything the the Republicans put forth, so they might as well stay home until November, 2024.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Come on CWM! Time management is key for Congress!

If they were to work 200+ days per year like the average American they wouldn't have time to go out to bribe dinners, lunches, and vacations. And how do you expect them to illegally trade stocks based on insider tips in the middle of a House session?!

You can't expect a congressman to live on $174k/year.

It's a part time job for millionaires

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To be fair, when not in session aren't they supposed to be back in their districts working hard connecting with their constituents to better know what problems they face and what policies matter to them?
Like, for example....

Crap, nevermind.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
To be fair, when not in session aren't they supposed to be back in their districts working hard connecting with their constituents to better know what problems they face and what policies matter to them?
Like, for example....

Crap, nevermind.

I think they should defund the FBI. Then they should impeachment Biden, Mayorkis, Blinkton, Garland and you can name the others. Do nothing else but that. Don't ""connect" with your constituents or go out to dinner with lobbyists just defund the FBI and impeachment the Biden administration and do it now.
edit on 19-5-2023 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Friday, May 19, 2023

-CareWeMust

In Texas, we only let the legislature regularly meet for five months every 2 years.

We generally consider this a feature.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Lets make a list of what they have accomplished this year.

1. Send millions and millions to Ukraine.
2. ?
3. ?

Maybe they are just following the big guys lead?

They discovered that 9 members of the Biden family split millions of dollars handed to them by Ukraine and China. Then...crickets.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Like, for example....

Crap, nevermind.

Fetterman, Feinstein, and Santos set up booths in the park back home and invite their constituents to stop by and chat?

<<   2 >>

join