It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP-led U.S. House is Only in Session for 113 Days in 2023 - That is Not Acceptable.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, May 19, 2023

Over recent weeks, I've listened to GOP members of the House describe how they plan to subpoena people for questioning, and also hold hearings on specific topics of great interest to Americans who gave them the House Majority, for 2023 and 2024.

But during the interviews the leaders of these committees and Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, always refer to future dates that seem a long way off.

Like this morning, House Oversight Committee Chairman said (on FoxNews) that he plans to subpoena Hunter Biden, if they can squeeze him into the schedule this Summer.

I went to online to see what the House Schedule is, and was BLOWN AWAY!

THIS YEAR, they are only in Session for 113 days, according to their official calendar!

SEE HERE: www.majorityleader.gov... (PDF)

Four years ago, I started a thread complaining that our Congressmen/women were getting $174,000 for only being in session 147 days a year.

Since then, more and larger troubles are facing our nation, yet they have REDUCED the number of days dedicated to taking care of WE THE PEOPLE, from 147 to 113. Whether you think Congress is worthwhile or not, intentionally working less is NOT RIGHT (imo).

-CareWeMust

FBI Director Christopher Wray is scheduled to testify to the U.S. House and explain WHY the FBI is not giving Congress specific documents related to potential crimes committed by HUNTER and JOE BIDEN.

He’s a relatively rare sight on cable news and Capitol Hill.

But FBI Director Christopher Wray has managed to raise the ire of Republicans to a boiling point — in large part by staying silent.

A series of embarrassing revelations about the FBI over the past week has laid bare frustrations with Wray that have simmered in the House GOP conference for months.

Handed the majority in January, House Republicans on multiple committees began investigating what they saw as abuses of power by the FBI.

Wray’s agency has declined cooperation at nearly every step.

The latest standoff came on Monday (5.23.2023) when House Oversight Committee staff returned empty-handed from a meeting with the FBI over an internal document alleging a criminal scheme between then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national.

“At today’s staff briefing with FBI officials, the FBI again did not produce the unclassified record subpoenaed by Chairman [James] Comer,” a committee spokesperson told the Washington Examiner. “The Oversight Committee will announce next steps soon.”

Comer had pressed the FBI for the document repeatedly, including in a letter Friday that called the bureau’s refusal to produce it “unacceptable.”

The document, according to House Republicans, contains details about payments Biden allegedly accepted from a foreign national seeking to influence American policy.

It’s far from the only piece of evidence sought by GOP lawmakers.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

As the article states, FBI Director Wray will be testifying in "mid-July".

When I saw that, my first thought was, "Why the hell is his testimony so far away, if his uncooperative stance needs to be resolved by Congress ASAP?"

Then I thought of this thread, and came to see how many vacations Congress will have. Sure enough, the reason Wray isn't scheduled to testify until "mid-July" is because Congress is only working 12 days...TWELVE DAYS!... between this week and July 11th!

Since Congress isn't in session at all during AUGUST and for the first 11 days in September, Wray can have a fake "emergency" that causes him to cancel the July appearance. Congress will then have not choice but to schedule Director Wray after September 10th!

The above B.S. applies to all individuals that this GOP-led Congress wants to bring in for testimony.

Unlike the Jan 6th "Get Trump" witch-hunt committee, I don't see any of the GOP-led committees talking about staying in Washington through many of the normal break/vacation days, due to the "importance" of what they're doing.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh boy....

With JOE BIDEN and Democrats destroying America as fast as they can before Nov 2024, WHY is our GOP Congress only working for 19 of the next 90 days this year?

And only 113 days the entire year of 2023?

From looking at their work calendar, you'd think America was in such good shape, Republicans could take most of the year off!

The GOP majority have given themselves no time for impeachments, or to take care of very many important matters at all, during this time of crisis in America.

2023 Work Calendar www.nab.org...

I'm sure Democrats are DELIGHTED.

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
July 7, 2023

Why are we paying these people (and their staff!) so much money to vacation so much?

Congress is only working 12 days between June 24th and September 12th.

President Biden has now vacationed 352 days, since Jan 20, 2021! That's almost 40% of the days he has been U.S. President.

Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Are Americans so prosperous, and U.S. systems working so well, that our top Government leaders can take tons of vacation days, as compensation for their success at running our nation?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join