It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate cancer therapy sources?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Compound in Mediterranean diet makes cancer cells 'mortal'

Parsley, celery and chamomile tea are the most common sources of apigenin, but it is found in many fruits and vegetables.

www.sciencedaily.com...

By altering a very specific step in gene regulation, this compound essentially re-educates cancer cells into normal cells that die as scheduled.

Through additional experimentation, the team established that apigenin had relationships with proteins that have three specific functions. Among the most important was a protein called hnRNPA2.

This protein influences the activity of messenger RNA, or mRNA, which contains the instructions needed to produce a specific protein. The production of mRNA results from the splicing, or modification, of RNA that occurs as part of gene activation. The nature of the splice ultimately influences which protein instructions the mRNA contains.

Doseff noted that abnormal splicing is the culprit in an estimated 80 percent of all cancers. In cancer cells, two types of splicing occur when only one would take place in a normal cell -- a trick on the cancer cells' part to keep them alive and reproducing.

In this study, the researchers observed that apigenin's connection to the hnRNPA2 protein restored this single-splice characteristic to breast cancer cells, suggesting that when splicing is normal, cells die in a programmed way, or become more sensitive to chemotherapeutic drugs.

"So by applying this nutrient, we can activate that killing machinery. The nutrient eliminated the splicing form that inhibited cell death," said Doseff, also an investigator in Ohio State's Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute. "Thus, this suggests that when we eat healthfully, we are actually promoting more normal splice forms inside the cells in our bodies."

edit on 16-5-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Here's another old thread that may have some promise :

ATS : We may have cured father-in-laws cancer naturally - symptoms are gone in three weeks!!

Peace and health.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i found this by accident about 5 years ago . u will not get to many answers if u ask any doctors
here in the USA about this drug .they mostly banned it here because it is so cheap to make.
i have taken this and have no cancer but i have some other issues that claim cancer as a possible
underlying reason. turns out it wasnt cancer as i dont have any but when i researched this pill it says
there are no side effects to be concerned about like the side effects just about every drug made has.
some so bad they require to take other pills just to dull down the side effects from the pill they want
u to use. so i took about 20 or so 100mg only 1 a day basically just for the hell of it and i never felt anything
from this pill to speak of as a side effect. God Bless and hope for a speedy recovery....

this should give u some better info here

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The video sounds interesting and matches much of my research. I could only watch twelve minutes of it, got to get up early tomorrow morning and it is after midnight. I will have to watch the rest tomorrow to see what new stuff I can learn about the subject. So far that video sounds pretty good.

This is in response to Cole's shared link. For some reason the reply function did not work out right to link it to his post.
edit on 16-5-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Foods with Iodine (mostly seafood) and Garlic help boost the immune system.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Never give up hope. That s the best advice I can give you.
You need to do your own research.
Take a look at apricot kernels. The FDA says you can only take one a day. I for 6 years take 14 a day. There is a book about it . Better to read it and make a decission.
Supplements: Quercetin and pomegranate, green tea, become vegan, exercise (consumes the sugar), garlic... Many suggestions here are good .... But you both have to decide ... Good luck... Stay strong ... Btw look also at sertraline ....

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Foods with Iodine (mostly seafood) and Garlic help boost the immune system.

Iodine can be also made safe to drink by making blue iodine solution, was very popular "cure" that keeps thyroid gland working to provide proper function of your well being. Brown iodine is toxic and cannot be consumed when needed.

Garlic is like exercising your immune system to be stronger by giving it a "challenge". Same as flue shot if you consume it on daily basis. Onion kills germs, detoxes in a way.

I think they're great recommendations for basic biological upkeep of health, they're not cures.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ayurveda can help. To learn more about it, read The Wellness Sense (www.amazon.com... ).
Millions of people in India are treated by ayurvedic practitioners for different diseases inclding the ones that have no cure in allopathy. But, there's a great lobby that actively works to undermine Ayurveda.
Once you've read the book, you can find a relevant ayurvedic center in India and can get in touch.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dunn00

Yeah i take menbendazole myself. I have some in the side cabinet. It's just a de-wormer. You can buy it at any pharmacy in Australia without prescription.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

While I can't make suggestions for you and your wife, I would suggest doing as much research as quickly as possible. I recall seeing a oncology veteran doctor go on at length about how if people would only understand what feeds most cancers, they could do themselves a lot of good in addition to treatments.

I believe sugar and another compound is the primary driver of these growths, and people who went on Keto or similar diets during treatments fared much better than the general group.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe in praying a lot. Hourly. Red grapes, blue berries, strawberries, yogurt, tea, protein, celery, pineapple, arugula, broccoli, lots of water, try to live life as normal as possible to reduce both your stress. Take Benadryl to go to sleep at night. Pray some more. Eliminate unhealthy thoughts and habits. Pot, smoking, dip, alcohol, and sugar should be avoided. Ask your doctor lots of questions, keep a notebook of visits and what was said. Seek second opinions if necessary. Look up research on internet. Try to remain positive. Pray some more. That’s all anyone can do. It’s a hard and sad struggle. Prays to you! Each day is a gift. Any moment of joy is more precious than anything.
edit on 17-5-2023 by frugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2023 by frugal because: Sp

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First and foremost: RESEARCH.

Be willing to find an oncologist who specializes and feels like a good fit. Second, even third opinions because every cancer is by its nature unique in that your wife is unique.

Explore all options, even clinical trials and alternative therapies. Don't lock yourself into an either/or mindset. Be open with your oncologist which is why that relationship is so important.

Do the work to support the health of both body and mind outside of treatment. A healthy person fights back better than an unhealthy one.

Also devote time to your spiritual life. A proper mindset can also help.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotchjimmy
You ledge 👍🏼

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dunn00
i found this by accident about 5 years ago . u will not get to many answers if u ask any doctors
here in the USA about this drug .they mostly banned it here because it is so cheap to make.
i have taken this and have no cancer but i have some other issues that claim cancer as a possible
underlying reason. turns out it wasnt cancer as i dont have any but when i researched this pill it says
there are no side effects to be concerned about like the side effects just about every drug made has.
some so bad they require to take other pills just to dull down the side effects from the pill they want
u to use. so i took about 20 or so 100mg only 1 a day basically just for the hell of it and i never felt anything
from this pill to speak of as a side effect. God Bless and hope for a speedy recovery....

this should give u some better info here

Yes, been looking into mebendazole, but it seems to be particularly difficult to find now.

Epilogue: Discontinuation in United States

The last manufacturer of mebendazole in the United States, Teva Pharmaceuticals, announced on October 7, 2011, that they have ceased manufacture of this product. As of December, 2011, it is no longer available from any manufacturer in the USA. No reason was given for this discontinuation, but it's blatantly obvious.

Do you ever get the feeling that your government is actively trying to KILL you? Or at the very least, prevent you from having access to substances that COULD save your life?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Compound in Mediterranean diet makes cancer cells 'mortal'

Parsley, celery and chamomile tea are the most common sources of apigenin, but it is found in many fruits and vegetables.

www.sciencedaily.com...

By altering a very specific step in gene regulation, this compound essentially re-educates cancer cells into normal cells that die as scheduled.

Through additional experimentation, the team established that apigenin had relationships with proteins that have three specific functions. Among the most important was a protein called hnRNPA2.

This protein influences the activity of messenger RNA, or mRNA, which contains the instructions needed to produce a specific protein. The production of mRNA results from the splicing, or modification, of RNA that occurs as part of gene activation. The nature of the splice ultimately influences which protein instructions the mRNA contains.

Doseff noted that abnormal splicing is the culprit in an estimated 80 percent of all cancers. In cancer cells, two types of splicing occur when only one would take place in a normal cell -- a trick on the cancer cells' part to keep them alive and reproducing.

In this study, the researchers observed that apigenin's connection to the hnRNPA2 protein restored this single-splice characteristic to breast cancer cells, suggesting that when splicing is normal, cells die in a programmed way, or become more sensitive to chemotherapeutic drugs.

"So by applying this nutrient, we can activate that killing machinery. The nutrient eliminated the splicing form that inhibited cell death," said Doseff, also an investigator in Ohio State's Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute. "Thus, this suggests that when we eat healthfully, we are actually promoting more normal splice forms inside the cells in our bodies."

This is a new one to me. But it certainly does look promising. Kind of worried about throwing too much at the cancer and getting drugs interacting together in unpredictable and unpleasant ways, though. But I don't know how much sand is remaining in her hourglass.

She is leaning towards making that trip to Tijuana, Mexico. She knows the clock is ticking, too.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Does anyone here have direct experience with that Oasis Of Hope in Tijuana, Mexico, or know of someone first hand who has been there? I don't trust reviews as much as I used to when they are on review style websites.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
This is a new one to me. But it certainly does look promising. Kind of worried about throwing too much at the cancer and getting drugs interacting together in unpredictable and unpleasant ways, though. But I don't know how much sand is remaining in her hourglass.

She is leaning towards making that trip to Tijuana, Mexico. She knows the clock is ticking, too.

The Med diet is going to be something that most doctors will heartily approve of. Of all the things suggested here, I second this recommendation along with the steps that Ketsuko suggested.

Good luck. We're all rooting for both of you.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Does anyone here have direct experience with that Oasis Of Hope in Tijuana, Mexico, or know of someone first hand who has been there? I don't trust reviews as much as I used to when they are on review style websites.

The consensus (via Wikipedia) is not very positive. You can read up on the history of the clinic along with a description of what they offer

This may be controversial here, but they seem to be recommending laetrile (by a new name - amygdaline), which was first proposed as a treatment in 1845 (yes, really. Nearly 2 centuries ago) but killed far more people than it cured. Patients treated by this need to be aware that it can cause cyanide poisoning.

You can search PubMed and other research databases for laetrile - they all say pretty much the same thing.

If you don't trust US sources, here's a UK source that notes the side effects of amygdaline - note that they strongly recommend AGAINST it.

However, you're both adults and it's a scary situation. This is what I know about the situation. You will have to make your own decisions.

I hate to leave on a negative note, so....
Here's PubMed papers on 'adjunctive' treatments for cancer - things your medical team will most likely see as supportive for their efforts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join