It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US announces $1.2 billion aid package to Ukraine with counteroffensive looming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Yes because this is far more important to all Americans than the fentinal crisis, the housing crisis, inflation, etc, etc, etc. Is some corrupt country most Americans couldn't find on a globe a year ago.

Give me a f'ing break...

How about you put your money where your mouth is and go join the Ukranian forces if you are so adiment about your feelings here?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

If Biden gives all that away, the MIC gets to build bright shiny new ones and they don't do it for free. The money for that could have been spent on helping Americans that need it.

Yeah, I looked up who said illegal crossings were down. It was Mayorkas. I wouldn't believe him if he told me the Sun rises in the East.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
How about you put your money where your mouth is and go join the Ukranian forces if you are so adiment about your feelings here?

How about you put your money where your mouth is and go join the Russian forces then? You know, rather than trolling ATS 30 times a day with posts about how the west is evil and Russia is just the poor little victim in all this!

Anyway, fact is the US would still have all the same domestic issues no matter what government is in power, or whether they chose to support Ukraine or not. For once they finally have the ability to put all that wealth to good use, which it appears they’re doing.

Like I said, money well spent.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You do realize Ukraine is just as if not more corrupt than Russia...and Zelenski has done nothing but act like a dictator since becoming president. So how is one side better than the other in those regards?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You guys need to catch up. Let your govt know you're willing to pay more taxes, so Ukraine can have more weapons.

Australia has provided Ukraine with a total of approximately $655 million in support, including $475 million in military assistance.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: DAVID64

Think of the profits to be made by having to replace all that stuff we give them with newer munitions.

The US does not have the capacity yet to rebuild what it has already given them. It will be a few years before we get our stocks back up to a level that is adequate to fight a war with Russia alone let alone China if they get involved on Russia's side. First thing that will be destroyed is Europe if this depletion keeps up, we may still have enough to protect ourselves, but not Europe.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You do realize Ukraine is just as if not more corrupt than Russia...and Zelenski has done nothing but act like a dictator since becoming president. So how is one side better than the other in those regards?

Zelinski is an actor. That was his profession being he was a comedian for a while. He knows how to deceive others well.

I still cannot comprehend how stupid the west is being. I cannot wrap my mind how we are doing so much dumb stuff. Russia has established military producing infrastructure already in place, we and Europe do not have nearly enough production capability to be feeding this much of our stock to Ukraine.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It all makes perfect sense, don't you know? I mean, after all, how would our Military Industrial Complex ever manage to exist if they didn't have a war going on somewhere to get rid of current inventories. Any idiot knows a product that doesn't sell doesn't get manufactured.
edit on 14-5-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Um what?
Speak for yourself, buddy
I don't consent.

I don't think you understand the bigger picture here.
All of these bs stories of "we are spending this!"
Covid, wars, whatever new drama, are all stealing money from the treasury.
They print the gd money. Not even that anymore. Just press a key.
The only reason they tell us they are spending money is to lower our purchasing power, increase debt, decrease social mobility etc.

Putin is not under your bed

I Sense the Dark Side of the Propaganda FORCE Is Strong in This One............(

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Putin was a KGB agent.

Pretty sure he knows how to deceive people.

Like you.

So, who do I prefer?

A former comedian who is making a good job of defending his country against an ex KGB dictator?

Reagan was an ex actor.

Seems to have done a good job about the former Soviet Union.

No?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Putin was a KGB agent.

Like you.

So, who do I prefer?

A former comedian who is making a good job of defending his country against an ex KGB dictator?

Reagan was an ex actor.

No?

You are outside of the restaurant and see two people you know of that are nothing but trouble and are nothing but criminals. I am sure that those two have friends they are good to even though they are bad people. Are you going to side with one of them knowing that neither are any good.

Zelinski is not out to help his people, if he was he would have tried to negotiate with Putin in the beginning when all Putin wanted was for their country to be sort of a demilitarized zone and be neutral in all of what was going on. Zelinski has gotten rich off of this war and is loving the attention and would want to run NATO if he could. Putin has been better than most of the Russian leaders in the past. But he is the head of his country and wants to insure their countries safety.

I don't side with either of them, they are both warmongers and power hungry. I know that they are both corrupt, and to be honest, half of our politicians are also corrupt in this country and many other countries around the world.

Zelinski did not want to negotiate at all, he wanted war and was willing to have every person in his country die so he could keep away from the negotiation table.

If you want to pick sides, go ahead, it is your choice. If you want to side with one of those bad guys fighting outside the restaurant and get beat up...go ahead. I would just walk away and let them duke it out.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Zelinski is an actor. That was his profession being he was a comedian for a while. He knows how to deceive others well.

I still cannot comprehend how stupid the west is being. I cannot wrap my mind how we are doing so much dumb stuff. Russia has established military producing infrastructure already in place, we and Europe do not have nearly enough production capability to be feeding this much of our stock to Ukraine.

What have you been smoking?

First, maybe we should take a moment to remember that Ronald Reagan was also an actor before he became governor of the most populous state in the US and then President. And, he managed to run the Soviet Union out of business during his term.

Second, maybe we should take a moment to remember that the nations allied against Russia--essentially the G7 nations--collectively have about 20 x times the economic resources that Russia had before the war. Collectively, we can vastly outproduce Russia if we have to. We have existing, hot production lines for modern fighter jets, armored vehicles, helicopters, tactical missiles, electronic warfare systems, drones, etc., etc.

Third, we are not depleting our most modern war fighting capabilities. All the NATO countries, including the US, have been sending stuff to Ukraine that still allows us all to maintain our full capability to wage direct war against Russia if it were to come to that. That's been a ground rule from the start and is why NATO countries have been sending Soviet era jets that they have left over after replacing them with modern Western jets like F-16s, Typhoons, F-35s, etc. The US has been giving Strykers, Bradleys, and surplus M1A1s that have been pulled out of storage in the desert.

If you're worried about our ability to respond to Russia in the event of a direct conflict you should consider that burning up Russia's war fighting capability while using our most obsolete equipment is one of the most cost-effective ways of pursuing that objective. Russia is much weaker compared to NATO now than it was before they invaded Ukraine.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Who could destroy Europe? China is too far away and Russia is too weak, so don't be afraid of that.
edit on 14-5-2023 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Putin was a KGB agent.

Like you.

So, who do I prefer?

Reagan was an ex actor.

No?

You are outside of the restaurant and see two people you know of that are nothing but trouble and are nothing but criminals. I am sure that those two have friends they are good to even though they are bad people. Are you going to side with one of them knowing that neither are any good.

Of course, wouldn't you?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Putin was a KGB agent.

Like you.

So, who do I prefer?

Reagan was an ex actor.

No?

Of course, wouldn't you?

Reminds me of Trump on CNN the other day being asked can you say you want Ukraine to win, he wouldn't play the game and answered he wanted it to end. That was not good enough for CNN and they pressed him again to answer Ukraine. There are no "winners" in war only deaths, and it isn't even amusing to see a "journalist" from CNN act as if war is like a video game where there is a winner and loser, while people are losing their lives. It is sickening to actively root for this to continue so someone can stand on a stack of bodies and say I won. I guess if it is the "team" we want we can cheer, and somehow act like it was all worth it.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Doesn’t the USSA use 155mm shells anymore?

a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

Just wanting it to end doesn't do any good, unfortunately. Now matter how hard he wishes. And you can preach about good and evil all you want, I just don't see the point. It's a mistake to focus on Putin's or Zelensky's moral character. They're just people like you and I after all, whether they're good or bad. They'll be gone after a while. What matters is how the outcome of the war will shape global political systems.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

We should stay out of it, the way Obama (wisely) chose to do when Russia invaded Ukraine the last time.

From 2014: www.vox.com...

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
im just at the point where we should let Ukraine on their own, cut off the funding.

if they fall to Russia, so be it.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Who could destroy Europe? China is too far away and Russia is too weak, so don't be afraid of that.

I am not afraid of anything other than my wife.

That doesn't mean that I can't comment on wrongs I see going on around the world even though I have no say so in the matter

There are war mongers out there on both sides of events that get off on using power to start wars....there is nothing us regular people can do about it.

They have options like trying to negotiate peace instead of promoting war and propaganda on both sides. Like most people, they will not hear anything that goes against their beliefs and wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join