It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to ask Britain to return of treasures priceless Koh-i-Noor diamond used in Crown Jewels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

The Koh-i-Noor has a murky history prior to being obtained to be obtained by the Brits in 1846, undervthe Treaty of Lahore (now in Pakistan I think).

The stone was cutin half around 1851.

One piece went into the Crown Jewels, the other half I have no idea.

India became a nation state in 1947, prior to that the British managed a number of alliances to form 'British India', fir example the one with Lahore.

So this is clearly for the Diplomatic Service to resolve - how can the Brits the return of a legally obtained gem that no longer exists to a country that didn't exist when the stone was obtained?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Do not give them back screw them..

The question then would be how far back do we as a world want to go with all this? The rabbit hole is deep...

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I guess I don’t get this whole thing.
Why not create some good will and a help a shaky country have something to celebrate ?
Despite its woke economics the UK is rich; a little bauble like this is insignificant financially.
If you know the thing was somebody else’s before it was yours, why not just do a good turn ? You’ll never sort out how it changed hands.
Seems really juvenile, “it’s my shiny thing !!”
And how about that Northern Ireland, Faulklands, etc. ? Piece of rock, and piece of somebody’s country.
I thought libs hated the colonizers ? I see some of the most lib UK guys here saying “ haha it’s ours now and forever !”
Ah the grand hypocrisy.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

And how about that Northern Ireland, Faulklands, etc.

Why not lead by example and give North America back to The Native Indians.

As for The Falklands, they never belonged to Argentina, as Agentina never existed as a country when Britain occupied them. The only things that lived there where Penguins.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

" Britain does not need to return anything."

Ah Yeah , Bloody Marvelous , go Tell that to the Egyptians ..........

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Which ones and how? Do you know how many tribes there are and were? And you know they all warred with each other over the same land we'd be giving back to them?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Which ones and how? Do you know how many tribes there are and were? And you know they all warred with each other over the same land we'd be giving back to them?

The tribes can sort that out for themselves. Once it is handed back.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yeah , just Look at Ireland.........ahem..

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The tribes can sort that out for themselves. Once it is handed back.

Oh, so you basically want N. America to turn itself into Africa because that's more or less what happened there with the European powers, and it's totally AWESOME! Those African tribes absolutely have it all taken care of.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
If you know the thing was somebody else’s before it was yours, why not just do a good turn ? You’ll never sort out how it changed hands.

As I said how far down the rabbit hole does one want to go? Seems everyone is entitled to something.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Of course, if the WEF has its way, it's all a moot point isn't it?

No one will own anything, so we'll all be happy. That means that the overlords of the WEF will simply be holding something like the Koh-i-noor "in trust" for the people, I'm sure.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And how about that Northern Ireland, Faulklands, etc.

Why not lead by example and give North America back to The Native Indians.

As for The Falklands, they never belonged to Argentina, as Agentina never existed as a country when Britain occupied them. The only things that lived there where Penguins.

There were people here before the “Indians” and people before them. That’s why I said no to dismantling a country. There’s no true “original people”.
Why do you care about the details of a chunk of rock waaaaaay over there ? Why not just gain some good international vibes and kudos with a nice ceremony to do something decent ?
Not cool to blatantly steal and own a chunk of a neighboring modern nation. Yes I know all of the supposed “protection” issues. Bring em all home to merry old England. You’re doing that for every other country on the globe already. Or tell the Irish govt their ass is grass if they don’t help.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I honestly don't want to go live in the UK. It seems crowded and the people seem disagreeable.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They can have it back once they've repaid the £2.3billion aid we've given India recently for some bizarre, unexplainable reason!

edit on 14/5/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Not cool to blatantly steal and own a chunk of a neighboring modern nation.

Let me educate you on the history of the Falkland Islands.

Britain claimed the islands in 1765. They where barren and uninhabited.
Argentina became a soveriegn country in 1816 ( that's a gap of 51 years since Britain claimed the Falklands )
The shortest distance from Argentina to The Falklands is 300 miles. That makes them 288 miles outside of Argentinas Territorial Waters.

So with that, how can you even imagine that The Falklands belong to Argentina ?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

They can have it back once they've repaid the £2.3billion aid we've given India recently for some bizarre, unexplainable reason!

One man's aid is another man's reparations.

Not that I agree or disagree, but you know FB that's how most of India looks at it.

or perhaps it is just Prime Minister Modi, negotiating hush money 'aid". Lay down the guilt trip, get and extra 500 million

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not cool to blatantly steal and own a chunk of a neighboring modern nation.

Let me educate you on the history of the Falkland Islands.

Britain claimed the islands in 1765. They where barren and uninhabited.
Argentina became a soveriegn country in 1816 ( that's a gap of 51 years since Britain claimed the Falklands )
The shortest distance from Argentina to The Falklands is 300 miles. That makes them 288 miles outside of Argentinas Territorial Waters.

So with that, how can you even imagine that The Falklands belong to Argentina ?

That is interesting, but how far is it from England ?
I just thought that rolling around the globe claiming stuff was wrong. No matter who’s doing it.
Seems like people are OK with their own country doing it.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah, right! It does not belong to India, nor ever did. Besides, it was obtained legally.

India would also have been obtained legally. Evidentiality that is no longer a justification.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah, right! It does not belong to India, nor ever did. Besides, it was obtained legally.

India would also have been obtained legally. Evidentiality that is no longer a justification.

How funny that people are are saying “legally !”
“Paperwork !” “Permission !” In the context of a 1st world country invading, bullying, and colonising a 3rd world country. I’m not even a liberal who cries about such things. But people’s lack of reasoning just makes me laugh sometimes.
Just go ahead and say “raping and pillaging is bad, except when my folks get the stuff”.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The Falklands belong to They Who Want it Enough . Land Ownership has Always been Fluid.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join