It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria straya, pushing digital drivers licenses.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here in Victoria straya, it’s just been announced, Thad roll out trial of digital drivers licences on your smart device.

Though the article states, that in time you may be charged extra if you want a licence card hard copy.

If the price is the same I would prefer a card.

Though the VicRoads licensing area is now privatised, so really how secure is the data.

Considering they would have an image of all licenses already issued.

This is about cost cutting.

amp.theage.com.au...

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So is this app going to link up with all the other facial, movement and data tracking going on. Don't see Dangerous Dan putting the breaks on this one either.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Though the VicRoads licensing area is now privatised

Is Blackrock/Vanguard buried somewhere in the background as shareholders? If so, these types of corporate entities have a big backdoor on privacy issues.

Some people will use a digital license if available, will have some occasional problems with power and networks. I don't see everyone using it. Cards work well, will be dumb to get rid of that.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Mate you are not far off. I just found this:

www.afr.com...

For those not in Australia, Transurban are the biggest toll road operator throughout Australia.

There has to be something in this push.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Also with the increasing numbers of number plate recognition cameras being installed in Victoria, it would enable Transurban to easily identify who was driving the car, along with the overhead phone catching cameras.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They can make like Keith Urban and suck a 🐓

Can’t wait for that little gem to be hacked and someone to do a green screen movie with real stolen ID’s as actors. Could call it “the day Victoria rioted and burnt Dan Andrews’ car with him in it” ..... it’d go straight to video.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The fines revenue branch is going to love all that with a digital license.

As for where this Corporatocracy is headed...

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

That would be great to see , on all fronts.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   

As VicRoads is partially privately owned. I would not be suprised if they start operating a subscription service to access their data base and images held.

Facial recognition tracking.

The info could be used by stores to track shoplifters, petroleum thieves, any nefarious purpose.

As evidenced by the massive data breaches, like Medibank, Optus, General Electric latitude finance, among many others.

The probably are willing to risk it as they know the government fines are non existent, as none of the above have been penalised.

And take a slap on the wrist.
edit on 8-5-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Here is a list of VicRoads ownsers.

www.vicroads.vic.gov.au...#:~:text=What%20is%20happening%20to%20VicRoads,VicRoads%20R%26L%20and%20CP%20serv ice.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
heaven help them if/when they get hacked.

are implanted chips next?

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I’ve dealt with VicRoads before. They do things by the book. They’re quite tough and strict.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
So is this app going to link up with all the other facial, movement and data tracking going on.

It doesn't. The ISO:18013 standard allows the license holder to determine what, if any, information is shared. Law enforcement can request all relative personal data; address, ID#, photo, age, height, hair/eye color, etc., during a traffic stop. A retailer can request age verification for age-restricted items but if they ask for more you can deny this request.

edit on 8-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Uh, no...it's about ensuring no one leaves the house without their cell phone.....which provides GPS tracking data. They are doing the same thing in NYC.

www.theguardian.com...

link.springer.com...
edit on 8-5-2023 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Here in Victoria straya, it’s just been announced, Thad roll out trial of digital drivers licences on your smart device.

Though the article states, that in time you may be charged extra if you want a licence card hard copy.

If the price is the same I would prefer a card.

Though the VicRoads licensing area is now privatised, so really how secure is the data.

Considering they would have an image of all licenses already issued.

amp.theage.com.au...

We have that here, it's called LA Wallet, but it's not just a digital license. You have to have a physical license and put in the license information for it to recognize your license. This is only, to my knowledge, to be used to show proof of a valid license if you're pulled over and forgot your purse or wallet.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
This is only, to my knowledge, to be used to show proof of a valid license if you're pulled over and forgot your purse or wallet.

This is correct and only in Louisiana as it is not interoperable with other states mDL verification systems.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is only, to my knowledge, to be used to show proof of a valid license if you're pulled over and forgot your purse or wallet.

This is correct and only in Louisiana as it is not interoperable with other states mDL verification systems.

Interesting. I never even thought about trying to use it in another state. I've never had to use it but they were running a promotion to get the app for free when I downloaded it.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Interesting. I never even thought about trying to use it in another state. I've never had to use it but they were running a promotion to get the app for free when I downloaded it.

Your state was the first to launch, they just happened to go with an application you cannot use anywhere else but at home. I suspect at some point they will need to change this as the other 50 US jurisdictions and Canada will all be interoperable.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is just a scam really, to make money out of people and push for that twilight zone digital world.

I did not know Australia was behind, see, in the US the police cars are equipped with computerized system, they can scan from far your license plate, and they get all the information they need on the owner of the car in the littler pads.

Asking for a driver license is just silly.

But then is the identification cards asked for for certain places, I always use my military card.

Still the globalist wants microchips on all citizens of the world.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I did not know Australia was behind, see, in the US the police cars are equipped with computerized system, they can scan from far your license plate, and they get all the information they need on the owner of the car in the littler pads.

Asking for a driver license is just silly.

not if its stolen

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join