It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden HHS to Catholic Hospital in Oklahoma: Blow Out Your Candle or Leave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Funny, All this insanity for a candle. I mean, we didn't use candles or lanterns for anything right? I am not Catholic but this is just Federal over reach and I am sure it is because it is a religious organization. They HAVE to mess with them of course.

catholicvote.org...

The Biden administration’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued an ultimatum to a top-rated Catholic hospital network in Oklahoma, threatening to shut down their services to poor and vulnerable patients unless they remove the sanctuary candle from their chapel.

Saint Francis Hospital South in Tulsa, OK, has kept the candle in question for fifteen consecutive years. The non-profit Saint Francis Health System, which runs the hospital, has kept the tradition of hospital chapels, complete with active sanctuary candles, since they were established in 1960. The network also operates the nearby St. Francis Hospital, which is the largest hospital in the state of Oklahoma.

Now, Saint Francis Hospital South, which serves much of the southeastern Tulsa area, is faced with losing accreditation to serve recipients of Medicare, Medicaid, or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), if the Catholic organization does not comply with the administration’s demand.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If this is considered a fire hazard, what does that say about the dangers the Olympic torch to all the people involved and/or near it? How about the JFK Eternal Flame in Arlington Cemetery? Somebody could get hurt someday-especially with the direction the collective IQ in American citizens is heading.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

According to my research, all sanctuary candles are kept in a red glass cup designed to prevent accidents.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think I remember something on an old piece of paper that says freedom of religion and the right to practice it.

I dunno...it's just an old piece of paper, right ?

FJB

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Good lord I am not even catholic and that pisses me off.

Yet HEY NO MEAN TWEETS... FFS all of this was easily predictable you just had to sort through his and harris word salad and they are doing everything they said they would.

Master class on destroying a nation.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If only we had a Catholic president, to stop this kind of madness in their own administration...

Pathetic reach on HHS' part.

edit on 7-5-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
seperation of church and state does not cover a hospital burning a candle. That seperation means the church cannot control the government and the government cannot control the churchs religious principles unless those principles are a direct threat to the public that is outside of the church. It goes both ways.

So the government will stop allowing catholic medicare and medicaid people from recieving services from this hospital?

That is a direct violation of seperation of church and state. Whomever made that determination to do this because of a candle should be removed from their government position and banned from ever working in any government job or for any company that gets income from the government.

That is my opinion....I will give my opinion because we still have a right to give opinions yet, I feel that right will be lost in the next couple of years.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
If only we had a Catholic president

Who wants to tell them?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If only we had a Catholic president, to stop this kind of madness in their own administration...

Pathetic reach on HHS' part.

If only we had an actual president, rather than a "place holder" for the cabal.

This isn't about fire safety.
Any idiot can see that.

This is about harassment of faith-based organizations which run counter to the cabal's ideology and social engineering agenda... and they will do it any way they can.

They've even tried to change the faith organizations from within... that effort is still in progress...

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

If only we had a Catholic president

Who wants to tell them?

Did Uncle Joe adopt a new personal pronoun? I hadn't heard he'd become our first trans prez.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Did Uncle Joe adopt a new personal pronoun? I hadn't heard he'd become our first trans prez.

Not that I'm aware of, but he's catholic!

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Not that I'm aware of, but he's catholic!

Is he Catholic like we were told Trump was Christian by the left? You know fake and it's all for show to fool you chumps? Or are you playing along this time because it suits you to? So *wink, wink* Uncle Joe is Catholic *snicker*.

Btw, it's just a candle. I am pretty sure Catholics aren't the only ones who use candles as part of their faith, so it would fit an interfaith chapel setting just fine.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Is he Catholic like we were told Trump was Christian by the left?

Trump told us he was Christian, and it's pretty common knowledge that Biden is the second catholic president with JFK being the first.

Is this candle thing coming from Joe Biden himself?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Nothing comes from Joe except gas.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I bet the Feds have no authority to demand something that's never been cited by local authorities as being any kind of code or safety violation. 😁

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Biden is as much a Catholic as Jorge Mario Bergoglio is.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Glenn Beck covering the hospital and he had on a lawyer that is ready to take the case and go after the HHS secretary for violating the law.

The lawyer brings some extra information, apparently after the law firm sent a letter in warning to the HHS the fed "saw the light" and backed down.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Excommunicate Joe Biden? Always a thought. And it would make the statement he's not just a bad Catholic he's a bad Christian as well. Maybe even add all Catholics in Congress as well.
edit on 8-5-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Biden is as much a Catholic as Jorge Mario Bergoglio is.

Makes sense. He's not catholic, because you don't want him to be catholic!

No. He's catholic.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Biden claims to be Catholic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join