It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell Speaks Openly About UAP’s!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hi everyone,
On the Wednesday night YouTube program, Earthfiles, Linda Moulton Howe played a recording of astronaut Edgar Mitchell spilling all the beans on the reality of the UFO / UAP phenomenon. Absolutely incredible if you ask me. The way he describes the whole thing is just amazing to me.
I knew they were real years ago, I’m 62 and it’s great to hear an American hero telling the truth for once. Give it a listen.
Edgar Mitchell starts at the 27:17 time stamp on the transcript of the show.
Enjoy

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spaceflyr

Not difficult to find but linking it regardless

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I’m not a huge fan of Linda’s, and all I see at the 27:17 mark is her blabbering. I would really like to hear what Edgar Mitchell has to say. Where exactly is it in the video?

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yes sir, him and Buzz and many, many others have testified as such.
Have you seen the documentary "Unacknowledged" (2017) yet..?
You would enjoy hearing and seeing these UFO revelations in their very own words.

Here is a link to those people featured in this "expose' ":
www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

see: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BamaRich

see: www.youtube.com...

That’s the same hour and six minute long video. Where is the meat of Edgar giving his account in it?

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell was no doubt sincere, but he was only mortal and subject to mistakes and biases like all of us. Sadly, near the end of his life he was taken in by the Roswell slides promoted by Jaime Maussan and believed the pictures were of an extraterrestrial body.

The Article linked below examines his memory distortion of the alleged UFO crash at Roswell and how it was reported in the media. Dr. Mitchell wanted to believe.

Dr. Edgar Mitchell: Memories of Roswell

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Howe is well known to be a journalist with investigative standards below that of 90s tabloids. She vets absolutely none of the information given to her or the people it comes from. If I ever wanted to be taken seriously for an account or testimony of anything I would run from her like a bag of cats running from the river.

As far as her interviewing Mitchell, well blind squirrels and all that.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: spaceflyr
Hi everyone,
On the Wednesday night YouTube program, Earthfiles, Linda Moulton Howe played a recording of astronaut Edgar Mitchell spilling all the beans on the reality of the UFO / UAP phenomenon. Absolutely incredible if you ask me. The way he describes the whole thing is just amazing to me.
I knew they were real years ago, I’m 62 and it’s great to hear an American hero telling the truth for once. Give it a listen.
Edgar Mitchell starts at the 27:17 time stamp on the transcript of the show.
Enjoy
In the past Mitchell said he never saw any UFO personally.

He would say things like he knew people and they told him stuff.

Well I know people and they told me stuff too, but that doesn't make it true.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, where is it? There isn't any, and Mitchell saying people told him stuff certainly isn't impressive evidence. He's very short on specifics. Is anything he claims about UFOs verifiable?

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

Yes sir, him and Buzz and many, many others have testified as such.
Have you seen the documentary "Unacknowledged" (2017) yet..?
You would enjoy hearing and seeing these UFO revelations in their very own words.

Here is a link to those people featured in this "expose' ":
www.imdb.com...

I heard Buzz Aldrin tell a story about a "UFO" he saw on his way to the moon, but what the storyteller left out was that Buzz also said he was 99.99% sure he knew exactly what it was (on the Larry King show), so was it really a "UFO"?

edit on 202354 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArbitrageurThere was also John Glenn with his 'fireflies' was the ever explained rationally or did it just did it become irrelevant? I always wanted to know more about this.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Man this stuff gets regurgitated every few years. I resent 'P.T. Barnums' like Howe because of it. She hasn't even provided an explanation for cattle mutilations she's been 'investigating' since the 1970s, you want to trust her on UFOs? Poor Mr Mitchell really wanted alien visitation to be real, yet he died with it still unproven, just as it is today. As far as the governments ability to keep secrets, just look up the "Pentagon papers".

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mitchell on no astronaut UFO encounters:
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
a reply to: ArbitrageurThere was also John Glenn with his 'fireflies' was the ever explained rationally or did it just did it become irrelevant? I always wanted to know more about this.

I met John Glenn and asked him personally about what he saw.

I’ve shared it here before.
edit on 4-5-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
Yes it was explained rationally, by Scott Carpenter who saw the same thing, he was able to identify the source.

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I met John Glenn and asked him personally about what he saw.

I’ve shared it here before.
That doesn't help much in this thread, since you didn't link to what you shared before.

The Mystery of John Glenn’s Fireflies Returns

What were these fireflies? In the movie “The Right Stuff” the fireflies were given the illusion of being mystical or perhaps alien — or maybe part of Glenn’s imagination. People in mission control were worried the heat shield on his spacecraft could be falling apart.

The answer wasn’t confirmed until the next Mercury mission, Aurora 7, with astronaut Scott Carpenter on board in May 1962. Carpenter also saw the fireflies, or snowflakes, as he called them, and quickly could identify the source. They were tiny white pieces of frost from the side of the spacecraft. Condensation gathered on the outside of the spacecraft as the capsule passed from the cold orbital darkness and warm sunlight, and then froze again, creating a layer of frost. As the spacecraft again came into sunlight, the frost flakes would come off and float around the capsule. The sunlight also illuminated them, making them “luminescent.” When Carpenter banged on the side of the capsule, more flakes came off and were visible.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Alright, I’ll share it again, since I can’t remember where I posted it.

I was working at a resort in AZ in 2013. One of my co-workers noticed him, who was an ex Marine. He said “Oh my God, that’s John Glenn!”

I said “Who’s John Glenn?”

He looked at me like I was a moron and said “He’s probably the most famous pilot on the planet.” Then gave some more details about him.

He said “I’m going to go talk to him”. I said “I’m coming with you!”

So we walked over there and my buddy struck up a conversation. When I could tell they were finished, I found an opportunity to chime in. I said “What about aliens and/or UFO’s? Have you seen any?”

John took a long pause, then with a smirk on his face said “I haven’t, but I have a lot of buddies that say they have.”

I thought is response was very cryptic. Basically admitting to it — without admitting to it.

That’s my John Glenn story.

I also met Joe Rothenberg of NASA. Actually spent 9 hours with him on a wine tour. I taught him how to make wine. The only problem is, I didn’t know it was him until after I dropped him off. There were two separate groups on the tour. Joe and the two ladies he was with were the first to be dropped off. After we dropped them off, a man from the other groups shouts up to me “Have you ever had any celebrities on the tour?” I said yes and told him who’d I’d seen. He said “I think we can top that! That guy that just got off the bus was the ex head of NASA.” I said “Did you ask him about UFO’s?” He said “No, I just found out who he was when they were getting off the bus.” I said “DAMNIT!”

Now that I think about it, I’ve still got Joe’s cell phone number. Maybe I should call him and ask LOL
edit on 5-5-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting your story, that was interesting. Sort of like Edgar Mitchell's saying he didn't see anything, but he knows people who told him stuff.

So I suppose that confirms Glenn didn't think the firefiles were UFOs, especially after Carpenter figured out what they were.

edit on 202355 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes sir, him and Buzz and many, many others have testified as such. :

Buzz has made it clear that the UFO stories associated with his name are bull$hit.

Mitchell has made it clear he has NEVER had a personal UFO experience and knew of NONE by other astronauts while at NASA.

Why do you guys insist they're lying?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Yes sir, him and Buzz and many, many others have testified as such. :

Buzz has made it clear that the UFO stories associated with his name are bull$hit.

Mitchell has made it clear he has NEVER had a personal UFO experience and knew of NONE by other astronauts while at NASA.

Why do you guys insist they're lying?

Gordon Cooper is on record of chasing one while flying and also witnessing a landing at White Sands Missile range.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He's one of the top credible people in this area, as if there is one person that should know of there's life outside of this planet, it would be an astronaut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join