It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine launches drone attack on Kremlin targeting Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ukraine launched two drone attacks overnight intended to strike the Kremlin residence of Russian President Vladimir Putin

The aircraft were downed using electronic warfare measures

both unmanned aircraft fell on the grounds of the Kremlin

“We consider this a preplanned terrorist action and an attempt against the Russian president,”

Source

The establishment media likes to push propaganda insinuating that Russia is somehow catastrophically "losing" against Ukraine and that its military is completely inept. Despite these claims, Russia continues to hold a significant portion of Ukraine even after a year of the United States and many other countries sending a constant stream of equipment and ammunition and training Ukraine's soldiers. It's clear that Russia isn't the losing side here.

Ukraine has officially ****ed up. They've taken the conflict straight to the Kremlin itself with an attempted drone attack, allegedly against Putin. Does Russia now have the justification to actually go to war?

Just to put things into perspective, Russia is ranked as having the world's second most powerful military, behind the United States. Russia has more than twice as many tanks as the United States, and about six times as many artillery units. If Russia decides to go all-out, Ukraine won't stand a chance.
edit on 5/3/2023 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
RT is Russian state propaganda. Why should we believe a story they publish? I highly doubt two drones were targeting your president.

+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Ummm not sure if you remember this but 2 attempted drone strike on the Kremlin is nothing compared to an army trying and failing miserably to enter the capital of Ukraine.

You seem to be in support of the invading forces.
Which that's fine and all but also keep in mind what Ukraine is doing is peanuts compared to what Russia tried and failed at.
So to say they are oh so mighty as of right now to me just seems silly.
Also seems like you read too much Russian propaganda.
I prefer battlefield statistics that are public knowledge.
Yes Russia does have a good foot hold at this moment.
But I seriously doubt that will last.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
We are in a special military operation right now. Justification to go to war? Maybe. More like justification to (officially) target Zelensky and his headquarters in response

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
More likely putins own false flag special operation .

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Or the reason for the next round of official mobilization. I say official because the last round hasn't really stopped. But it is a rather convenient thing to happen at this point, just before May 9th.

There is also that company in Ukraine that said they'd give a pile of cash to the first company/persons that can land a drone in Red Square. Although I don't remember if they said on May 9th or just in general.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
A couple of videos here: twitter.com...

The second video shows the drone on it's approach, as well as the strike. Actually, it looks to me like it exploded before impact. I'm guessing it was either a partisan attack or a false flag.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Or the reason for the next round of official mobilization. I say official because the last round hasn't really stopped. But it is a rather convenient thing to happen at this point, just before May 9th.

That's a good conspiracy for sure

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a Russian FF designed to drum up support for Vlad the Incompetent.

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To be honest, I really think this was a message from Ukraine.

The drone video with the explosion, it seems that the intended target was the russian flag, instead of the building.

More like sending a message

¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neph89
To be honest, I really think this was a message from Ukraine.

Surely a message like that shows absolute desperation.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
RT is Russian state propaganda. Why should we believe a story they publish? I highly doubt two drones were targeting your president.

Ah yes, Russian propaganda....good Ole standby.

Cause our media doesn't lie or use propaganda. Even after 44 signed an order allowing our media to use it.

Our media never lied about WMDs, Gulf of Tonkin, Etc.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

did you even watch the video, no self respecting military or terrorist is gonna try to attack let alone penetrate a building with that little piddling amount of explosives that didn't even blow the flag poles down. hell the two guys going up the ladder in the second video didn't even hardly flinch when it went off.

just old farty wagging the dog.

edit on 3-5-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Surelly someone desperate doesn't go poking an hornets nest

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Russia says electronic countermeasures prevented the drones from doing the job-Looking at the video of the drone hitting the flag on the roof-Is that what countermeasure actually look like?

I may be wrong but I would have thought countermeasures would act on the drone waay before it gets that close to the target..

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Whole thing seems badly staged.

Attacks intended to take out another country's leader are precision strikes that are only undertaken when there is a good probability of success.

These drones were far too light for the job and apparently Putin was elsewhere.

The 'tell' here will be Russia's reaction. This strikes me as a FF designed to 'justify' another attack on the part of Russia, perhaps an escalation of some kind. Not having Bakhmut for the 9 May parade won't go over well.

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics