It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 percent of men would rather die early, than give up red meat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 7UNCLE7SNAKE7HANDS7
"70 percent of men would rather die early, than give up red meat."

The red meat is the only place that the nutrition can come from, in a concentrated enough amount, to make a guy feel like he is living in a male body, and not becoming someone's aunt.

Yes... because red meat (and especially the associated fat) is the ideal and proper food for human beings. It is what we have evolved over the last few million years to eat.

This problem becomes increasingly difficult as a man ages,

Problem? What problem?

hence more and more meat consumption as they age, swearing up and down that there is nothing else like it in the world.

And they would be roight.

It's a damn trick, and it'll send you straight to an early grave.

Natures perfect food ... will kill you?

Where is the logic in that?

There are way better ways to do that.

To do what?

And I can say that knowing that meat & potatoes are the perfect food.

Half right. Leave out the toxic potatoes and you're good.

The cycle is the trap.

Yes - the cycle of including toxic 'survival-only' junk when it isn't necessary is the king of traps that we 'modern' humans have created for ourselves.

Eat like a predator. Don't circle the drain looking for leftovers.

Hey!... leftover steak or briskey is gooooooood!

Stay Hungry.

Yes again - strategic fasting will keep you young and vitally healthy....
edit on 2-5-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
A Ribeye steak $69 and a t-Bone was even more and that was not at a high priced steak house. So the reason I post this is because that is the way they get everyone off eating red meat. Restrict the supply and let nature take it's course. $42 for two Burger king whoppers, onion rings and two drinks in Honolulu.

Don't eat out. Buy your meat by the cow, or at least in bulk.

I've found that since I stopped buying all of the extra junk, my food bill has actually gone down, not up.

That said, I do eat a lot of fresh ground chuck, its amazing freshly ground right before you cook it! So, get your own meat grinder and buy the cheaper fattier cuts

I get a Ribeye with side orders around here from a restaurant for less than $15 which is 5x more than it was several years ago.

That must be a tiny ribeye! Mine are 2-3lbs each (I love tomahawks).

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Correction.

70 percent of men would rather die happy , than give up red meat

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
This is quite wrong you putting a video like that on here. You MUST give me you address immediately so I can come round and test this dish to see if your telling the truth.

Joking aside, vegans, vegetarians, must be de-indoctrinated because of meat is the main reason we as humans are here. Those 2 little pointy teeth either side of your front teeth are known as "dog teeth". And that is because we evolved from meat eating, these teeth were made to tear meat not eat seeds etc. Meat is an essential part of a balanced diet. Just because vegans and vegetarians can survive on their diet does not make it right. But I wont hold it against them if that's what they want to do. Extra:- I've had a friend, a vegetarian who died 2 months ago with cancer, It didn't help him. and another friend , a vegan, who is battling cancer now. You know what I'm gonna say.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Basically they say the study that says red meat is bad is fatality flawed as other aspects of the diet where not taken into consideration

Any push to reduce or eliminate meat consumption is directly a attempt at weakening the masses Only a small portion of the population is capable of meeting there nutritional needs without meat

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I had a telephone consultation today with reference to some tests. The take away (It came back clear BTW) was that I should eat more fibre, and much less red meat. I was told that it would raise my risk of cancer. When I asked are these claims taken from observational studies, that those people undoubtedly had a burger in a bun, with fries and sauces.

There was a pause, then they said in any case it is healthier to increase the amount of fibre in a diet.

So they’re pushing dodgy science on people and wonder why we have an obesity epidemic and a rise in people have diabetes.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

It is good to have sufficient fiber. I prefer to eat my steaks with broccoli, greens beans or asparagus. Red meat is awesome, but if your not having a good heaping of greens and veggies, your just going to turn into a lard ass instead of a lean mean manly killing machine!!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
That’s incorrect. Eating meat with enough fat will not do anything of the sort. Your body will adapt and burn the fat, ask anyone that does a carnivore diet. You feel fuller for longer.

Of course you have to exclude sugars and carbs or at least reduce them drastically. Looking around I see very few people are managing to do that.

edit on 3-5-2023 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ahhhh. Nice to know I am considered Normal for a guy. I would never think there would be thirty percent of guys that would give up red meat to be healthier. I researched the red meat being bad and I found it was not the red meat that was the problem, it is commercial red meats fed too much grains and consuming lots of organophosphates and other herbicides and insecticides in their feed that cause it to be bad for us. Full grass fed mostly organic raised beef does not up the risk for death much if eaten in moderation. Same with pork from pigs that live out in fields eating natural stuff along with some pigs feed that is not full of chemicals. Pigs should not eat much store bread that is high in unnatural chemicals, in fact we should not eat too much of that crap. I feed the deer homemade organic bread for snack and it does not give them the big belly/ metabolic syndrome like bread from the stores used to do.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

70% seems rather low to me.....

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Buddy, if you just eat only meat, your colon is going to backup and the pipes will get so clogged one might struggle just to extrude chocolate noodles instead of the logs we are supposed to be dropping. Colon health must not be neglected.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I have lived around people in their 90s. Its not an easy life for them. If I cash in my chips and miss that so I can have a nice T bone from time to time, it doesn't bother me in the least. I have a question for the WEF climate gurus though. When will they be giving up their private jets, yachts and multiple mansions? ONE of those people probably has the carbon footprint of a small town the way they live. Are they serious about wanting to effect a change on global warming, or do they just want the masses to sacrifice so they can continue to live in opulence? I think its the latter.
edit on 5-5-2023 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I definitely believe most of the restaurant steak experiences are greatly overpriced. I can definitely do better from scratch while at home, even seared on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet and briefly in the oven, I can consistently get a superior Filet, NY Strip, and Rib Eye and it even works well with a Flat Iron. But sometimes you don't want to cook, or you are out of town. Out of the last 5 times, I had steak at a top-shelf restaurant only once did it seem like it was close to worth the expense. And yes I try not to eat all the sides and bread, so I need whatever the cut is to be cooked barely to medium rare, I don't even need to have wild seasonings either, salt, pepper, butter garlic are usually plenty to let the beef flavor shine through.

side note WITF are we bringing WEF political chit to the health and wellness forum?

www.weforum.org...

When I read stuff like the above I see it as nothing more than manufacturing a fear or concern to wrestle control from the traditional beef and poultry industries to their "new solutions" industries.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   

or you are out of town

An interesting thing about airports is that all the restaurants aren't equal. When I used to fly a lot, I made a point of finding the best places to eat during layovers. My favorite meal was a good steak and a glass of red wine. Helped to smooth the friction of being in "airport world".

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

or you are out of town

An interesting thing about airports is that all the restaurants aren't equal. When I used to fly a lot, I made a point of finding the best places to eat during layovers. My favorite meal was a good steak and a glass of red wine. Helped to smooth the friction of being in "airport world".

Cheers

Ugh, isn't it the truth, haven't flown into and out of a lot of airports, but the ones I have, I rarely have a real meal beyond the basics. Over the years have been so disappointed, I don't bother anymore. OHare, Midway, Philly, Dallas, Miami, Vegas, and Atlanta all are basically lousy as hell. And yes when you have an extended delay having nowhere to hang thats decent makes traveling excruciating

This did make me remember on a trip to Dallas back in the 80s, our cab driver recommended the best Dallas steak place was at "The Lady on the Red Velvet Swing". Which was its "backstory" a saloon and a house of ill repute back in the 1800s. It changed its name to Old San Francisco much later and just learned it finally closed 4 years ago BUT ALWAYS had 5-star ratings which isn't an easy feat in the Dallas metroplex.

In my admittedly limited experience, nothing beats a steak from that region, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, etc. Pretty sure this is where I moved from medium to just below medium rare because it was the first time Id had such an excellent cut of beef. Just this past Christmas we had had one of the companies we represent, send us a box of

It was also the first time I began making sure I ate the steak first and barely ate anything else. This is why men eat red meat and would prefer to die early instead of giving it up. 35 years ago and Im talking as if I had a relationship with a steak.

To bring it full circle this is why that region will never go "beef less" it's ingrained in its culture. I could easily see the beef belt separating itself if this were to happen. Then 70% of the men would live in those few states and the rest of the country would have the other 30%.... sounds about right

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Hereford House in KCMO is

Protip: The steak soup...is just...mmmmm

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Buddy, if you just eat only meat, your colon is going to backup and the pipes will get so clogged one might struggle just to extrude chocolate noodles instead of the logs we are supposed to be dropping. Colon health must not be neglected.

totally. a small piece of kale once a week should do. kale sucks, but then so does being impacted.

YMMV

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And?

I'm going to Keens this weekend. Porterhouse for two, for one.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

One word….Cantaloupe!

Eat all the meat you want but also eat cantaloupes and don’t forget to walk and get some exercise!!!

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
One word….Cantaloupe!

All I heard was Dennis Hopper talking to Chris Walken in True Romance....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join