It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frontline bodycam footage RE Ukraine Russia War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Apologies if this was already posted, or seen by you lot, but I just saw it today.
It's fairly intense. I recall the sounds, even from training...

Ukrainian soldiers advance upon Wagner Russian mercenary trench.

To my knowledge Wagner is not officially part of the Russian state military therefore I call them mercenaries.

A question for combat MOS: when you are advancing thusly, are you in constant vocal contact to ensure not flagging your buddy over a ridge/elsewhere?
Obviously you can't always plan out to the T, where and how you are going to move.

There's the obvious MOVING or COVER ME WHILE I MOVE etc or MOVING 3 O CLOCK etc but I wonder how specific it gets when the fog comes.
Stupid squirrel here.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I also show them bunching up a lot. It was always drilled into us to keep spacing. Obviously they have to seek cover or concealment but I Thought it would be a bit more organised.

Edit to say that I know it's super easy to play armchair quarter back. Just musing...
edit on 1/5/2023 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fairly intense stuff, did I hear an AK-47 in the background? that one guy following the trench in the lead has one guy behind him on his right using his grenade launcher, and another on his left firing on semi-automatic.

But yea I don't know, but I would love to have a translation, my complete novice not even good at COD view is the 2 guys that went to flank the Wagner trench and were told to not go past a certain area or they would be in the line of fire.

Trench warfare in 2023 who knew? regardless it means stalemate is highly likely

thank you for your service BTW

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I didn't do #. lol

At any rate, they were doing all kinds of flagging.

I just want some real combat vets to weigh in, since to me it looked very shoddy, for as well filmed as it was. . .

Never thought as a boy that real life combat would be entertainment now.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dude was firing grenades right over his mates shoulder wow.

Since every Navy SEAL has a podcast now ive learned about shoot/move/communicate and L shaped advances etc. Also have heard, like in this video, most the time you dont even see whos shooting at you or what youre shooting at. Im guessing its americans who train these guys? Unless the billions we are sending is just for toys. This is indeed crazy we can see this kind of stuff.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

So yes.

I want to see some combat MOS buddies weigh in on this shiz with real training because I only had basic RE combat.

I am honestly super interested in learning.

Cav where are you?

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nothing about this feels right tbh and I can see why theyre having a hard time if this is how they are going about things.

It makes me wonder just how unorganized and horrible Russias troops are though if indeed Ukraine IS winning the body count.

I could DEFINITELY see how Ukraine could be suffering some serious issues, then again ive seen some videos on twitter that claim to be front line stuff and its clearly just training, and horrible training at that.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thanks for weighing in, definitely looked off to me and I am only a 'beginner.'

Lots of slow moving and sitting in the same spot for too long as well methinks.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That's crazy - the guy is waving his rifle around right at the back of his brother in arms.
That can't be right.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Thanks for weighing in, definitely looked off to me and I am only a 'beginner.'

Lots of slow moving and sitting in the same spot for too long as well methinks.

Theres a lot more shooting and staying put than im comfortable with but Im not there either so, and im use to knocking in doors and house to house stuff. Across poppyfields etc, up on mountains. IF the Russians are in the trenches on the other side, they for sure dont want to stand straight up. But tahts not even it either

If those Russians had any sort of artillary or ANYTHING they could have wiped those guys out, they didnt spread out or bound properly to get into any sort of useful position to acquire target on anything.

This looks more like kids doing paintball than actual contact, which is freighting

It just seems like theyre in survival mode and if they have had any training at all its out the window. Like you though ALL of them are lucky to come out of that alive with how much they flagged each other

Good christ
edit on 5/2/2023 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

THIS

' they didnt spread out or bound properly to get into any sort of useful position to acquire target on anything.' plus the weapons handling..

I want to see more but they don't have much in person footage. More drone stuff which I find hard to make out.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wondering why none of them are carrying/using a Trench sweeper, aka Shotgun.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Nothing about this feels right tbh and I can see why theyre having a hard time if this is how they are going about things.

It makes me wonder just how unorganized and horrible Russias troops are though if indeed Ukraine IS winning the body count.

I could DEFINITELY see how Ukraine could be suffering some serious issues, then again ive seen some videos on twitter that claim to be front line stuff and its clearly just training, and horrible training at that.

Those leaked documents showed Ukraine is losing troops 4x faster than Russia. So, it would seem they're pretty much just stuffing guys into uniforms and sending them off to the front line.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Makes sense in all honesty, smaller country, smaller army when you have a multi pronged invasion force coming at you, a warm body is better than waiting on a trained soldier.

new topics

top topics

join