It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2024 Primary debates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Trump will smash anyone

on the debate stage. Will be wonderful..

I hope Robert F. Kennedy JR. Makes Biden get out of

the basement and actually campaign and whip his ass up

and down the debate stage AND primaries..

DESanctimonious doesn't have a chance..

Sorry Gov. take a step back this time.

I think that would depend on which Trump showed up. If his ego leads the way and he treats the debates with nothing but arrogance that'll be a yuge turn off for anyone other than the most rabid supporters. Were he to show up and tout his accomplishments and admit to his faults while President with a modicum of humility I believe it could swing some undecided his way. With the quality of some of the conservative minds assembling it would be difficult to say any one would "crush" the rest. Just my humble opinion.

In regards to the dems, the DNC has already said that there'll be no primary debates for basement Biden. Believe me when I say, I'd love to see FJB get humiliated but his handlers aren't going to allow that to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A key aspect of how ranked-choice voting works is eliminating the candidate with the least votes. Once that candidate is eliminated, voters who ranked that candidate first have their votes move to their second ranked choices. The elimination process repeats until one candidate receives a majority.

Thanks to ranked choice voting Alaska got Murkoski for senator, something very few people wanted. She would never have been elected if Alaska hadn't changed to RCV in 2020.

When a bunch of really crappy candidates run RCV gives you the one you may have chosen as the last option; that could have given Hillary the win in 2016.

Given all the controversy over electronic voting, the machines used and who owns and has control over said machines I wouldn't be confidant that my choice 2 and 3 that I left blank would stay blank.

I miss the old days when we voted in person with ID and new the election results within a day or two.

[www.rankedvote.co...]

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Its being a long time since i had a Kennedy name in politics.

I do hope for his safety as i dont trust the current system.
I hope he gets a fair shot.
edit on 26-4-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

If he gets too close

and is beating Biden in the primary,

I am sure that they will give him one.

No doubt in my mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: vNex92

If he gets too close

and is beating Biden in the primary,

I am sure that they will give him one.

No doubt in my mind.

I know you are joking, but that would be terrible anytime, in this current climate it would likely be horrific. So horrific Id look at the Russians or Chinese and think we can rule out an Italian sanction, and Cuba, Dallas businessmen. But we can still keep, all the usual suspects that remain and probably add one or two.

I don't think it will occur, RFKjr is closer to the 60s conservative viewpoint that possibly led to JFK's demise, both Jack and his father were considered liberal back then. Even RFK's assassination was probably just a lone nutter, all these years nothing conspiratorial to the degree JFKs was.

Yes IIRC there were some questions about the gunshots and how slugs were pulled from the walls and where.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ummm…at this point in the game…Robert F. Kennedy is the one saying the things I want to hear…

I’m waiting for him to flesh out his policy choices with concrete solutions…and the steps it’s going to take to achieve them…

I like what I hear thus far though…regarding his foreign policy stances that is…he’s going to have to broaden and deepen his domestic agenda as well…

YouSir

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I agree but Big Pharma does not. I'd like to hear more from him but the Dims want to push another four years (probably less in reality but they know this) of White House with Bernie. As in, the dead guy lest you think I meant Sanders...

I'm trying really hard not to be disheartened with it all, and was hoping for Dem debates, but alas. I fear we saw the last fair(ish) election back in 2008. I hated the outcome, but in the long run don't think we'd be much different had it gone the other way. TPTB have set us on a path I"m not sure voting will ever change. I don't want to vote for Trump but here we are....

I literally don't trust anyone, don't like anyone and don't know if I think voting truly matters anymore.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
a reply to: Moon68

[Moon68.... I read this over and realized I forgot to account for the fact that nothing I'm saying is about you at all .... It's all pejorative... I just get angry with our lamentation centering around 'democracy" when we never really are talking about 'democracy.' I hope you know I respect and value you and your opinions, and I am not in disagreement...

Also, this serves as an example of what can happen when you post "in a bad mood"... reading it over again... ugh! Moon68, if I weren't in such a rush right now, I would scratch and completely rewrite this... but I can't... so indulge me my friend, please.]

Prior to the announcement of the death of democracy in the US ... it must actually be a democracy. It isn't.

Although a constitutional republic, the United States citizenry have successfully been effectively 'reprogrammed' to consider themselves as existing as what essentially is a popularized meme about Democracy. Most are of the "constitutional republic? Sure... whatever." mindset. Many, perhaps even most, can't really understand what that is, or means, or in what way that matters, let alone why that was selected over democracy as the preferred method of governance.

Generally speaking, we used to know... it used to be explained and explored as a primary school topic. That's how simple it is , by the way... children of prior generations considered the concept "basic." Adults understood that the idea was not to be a democracy... but to prefer that which is democratic. Again... this is now rocket science to the 'programmed' mind.

Before it can be reasonably asserted that 'the people choose" their representation, (their servants) ... they logically must be cognizant of the selections available. THAT's democratic.

Many prefer debates.... but I have to add, as a curmudgeon, what we have ARE NOT REAL DEBATES, they are glitzed up marketing activities.

For people of either partisan bent.... YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WILL SAY. So what is it that they are "debating?"

They just want the show.... so the "debates" became the show....

I know when people throw the phrase democracy around, it not really what they mean.

Democracy is conceptually the 'pretty flower that smells bad' ... everyone has a voice, everyone's will is expressed in governance, anything rejected 'by the people' is instantly addressed and corrected according to 'the people's' will. Realistically, and logically it can never realistically happen... unless all people are magically homogenized into like-minded components. Ever in agreement, ever polarized in uniformity... never in deliberation, never questioning, there is NO wisdom except "common" wisdom. I can't fathom in what way that is appealing at all.

I've been interrupted...

What does " pejorgative" mean?
edit on 0400000041142023-04-26T19:14:41-05:00144104pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Trump is right...as usual. No GOP debate is required. He has no competition.

And, Fox News is scheduled to host GOP debate #1, this coming August.

Screw Rupert Murdoch/Paul Ryan (Owner/Board Member of FOX corporation.)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I screwed up the word... it doesn't mean what I meant to say ... that word somehow got stuck in my head...

I meant when I say "you pay for this and they give you that" the word you is not literally "you" it meant as in "anybody" (more or less....) somehow my brain lost the word for that kind of phrase...

Pejorative is a mean-spirited sense of a phrase... generally disapproving... etc.

edit on 4/26/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ranked choice is an abomination and needs to be returned to the depths of hell from which it sprang.

Total uni-party control mechanism.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ranked choice is an abomination and needs to be returned to the depths of hell from which it sprang.

Perhaps it is, but respectfully for a huge block of America that doesn't want to see the incumbent run. It could be the only way JRB doesn't have a second term. to those people, the ends would justify the means.

Haven't we heard a similar refrain before...

Regardless it isn't happening... so why add it to an already full plate, of realistic scenarios

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Sounds like you don't understand how it works.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So it'll be an 82-year old vs a 78 year old most likely.

There really needs to be an age limit on this office. If they can limit the minimum to 35 they can limit the maximum.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
So it'll be an 82-year old vs a 78 year old most likely.

There really needs to be an age limit on this office. If they can limit the minimum to 35 they can limit the maximum.

Or, at a minimum, a cognitive test administered by an outside agency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join