It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diane Abbott has Labour whip suspended after 'hateful antisemitic' remarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh dear , how unfortunate.

Some would say that Diane Abbott is a racist but only against whites but now Miss Abbott has dared to broach the subject of antisemitism and whether it's racism or not , she has duly been tied to a stake and the pyre lit.

Ms Abbott wrote a letter to The Observer newspaper, in response to an article which had the headline: "Racism in Britain is not black and white. It's far more complicated."

The Hackney North MP said she was responding to writer Tomiwa Owolade's claims that "Irish, Jewish and Traveller people all suffer from 'racism'".

"They undoubtedly experience prejudice," Ms Abbott wrote.

"This is similar to racism and the two words are often used as if they are interchangeable.

"It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice.

"But they are not all their lives subject to racism."

The former shadow home secretary added: "In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus.

"In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships."

Upon seeing the flames Miss Abbott said

she wished to "wholly and unreservedly withdraw my remarks and disassociate myself from them".
"The errors arose in an initial draft being sent," she wrote.

"But there is no excuse, and I wish to apologise for any anguish caused."

She continued: "Racism takes many forms and it is completely undeniable that Jewish people have suffered its monstrous effects, as have Irish people, travellers and many others.

"Once again, I would like to apologise publicly for the remarks and any distress caused as a result of them."
news.sky.com...

I'd like to apologise to Diane Abbott for having a good laugh at her expense .... actually I'd like to wholly disassociate myself from that apology.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So England is also on the "silly bandwagon " also.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We have been for some time now , we have "anti radicalization" and "unconscious bias training" in the NHS now , guess they think better spending time and money on that than treating the huge backlog of patients.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Jeez how many times are the current "labour" party going to show their hatred of Jewish people..
Maybe its Diane and her clique who need the anti radicalisation training.

They push to keep serious foriegn criminals in Britain,they say stupid things about extremist islam groups not being our enemy,and make remarks like this one from Diane about Jewish people and they think this is the way to be elected as the government.
Their latest attack ads claiming Sunak is responsible for letting child abusers escape prison fails to mention it was their own damn leader who was on the board which relaxed those laws allowing the sickos to eveade prison due to wokeness.

How freaking out of touch can they be?
They exist in a woke echo chamber which is far away from what the people of the UK want.

I don't like the tories,but theres no way in hell I would vote for this bunch of hateful woketeers.
I hoped Blair was the worst it was going to get,but I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Diane Abbott is one of those who believe only black people suffer racism , nobody else's plight is as great as theirs.

I don't think what she said was anti-Semitic just Abbott being Abbott , the claims of antisemitism are from those wanting to make capital from it.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Maybe my British English to American English translation is a little off. Exactly what did she say that was anti-Semitic? Or maybe her anti-Semitic remarks were not in the OP?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Zionist Labour leader "Sir" Keir Starmer has said he believes Abbott's remarks were "antisemitic" , which of course in a sane world they were not.

Ms Abbott, who has been a Labour MP since the 1980s, was yesterday suspended from the parliamentary party pending an investigation into her remarks, which were published in The Observer.

After being pressed three times, Mr Starmer said on Monday he believed her remarks were "antisemitic" and his party was "absolutely right" to act swiftly in response.
news.sky.com...

A knee jerk reaction from a kneejerk Zionist keen to clear the decks of old Labour party members , not a fan of Diane Abbott but Starmer turns my stomach.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Your American English translation is fine as like any rational person you can't see the anti-Semitism because there was no anti-Semitism in her statement , just her opinion as a black woman.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What, no comment from carpy about his lass?

🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

How dare they be so hateful to such a beautiful absolutely not a bigoted racist or at all a useless Corbyn sh#gg#ng Marxist self entitled tub of lard?.

(This OK, Freeborn?)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Worst head of the CPS ever but if he kicked out Corbyn and Abbott I'll overlook it.

Mostly.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
England has acquired a lot of Muslim voters. I suspect that most of the anti-semitism does NOT come from the Muslims themselves, but from left-wing poilicos hoping to please them.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You have some way yet to go to achieve full redemption and absolution of past sins!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

OK. I'll become a Catholic. Worked for Blair, apparently?

Anyway, you would though, wouldn't you?

Go on. Admit it. Confession is good for the soul, you know?

You doth protest too much, methinks.

top topics

join