It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter removes woke policy against ‘misgendering’ and ‘deadnaming’ transgender people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
www.rebelnews.com...

Twitter has removed its woke-oriented policy against the misgendering and deadnaming of transgender individuals, stirring controversy among LGBTQ activist organizations that the platform could become an “unsafe” space for transgender individuals.

Prior to the move, the platform’s content policy read: “We prohibit targeting others with repeated slurs, tropes or other content that intends to dehumanize, degrade or reinforce negative or harmful stereotypes about a protected category.”

“This includes targeted misgendering or deadnaming of transgender individuals,” the rule stated. The rule was put in place in 2018 following campaigning from activist groups. Other platforms, including TikTok and Pinterest explicitly ban misgendering and deadnaming as part of their content policies.

On Monday, the company revoked its prior guidelines to replace them with a free speech-first policy built around the principle of “freedom of speech, not freedom of reach,” which only places warning labels on violative tweets and limiting their reach instead of banning the users who post them

LGBTQ group GLAAD decried the move as “the latest example of just how unsafe the company is for users and advertisers alike,” hoping to ignite a boycott against the Elon Musk-owned social media platform.

“This decision to roll back LGBTQ+ safety pulls Twitter even more out of step with TikTok, Pinterest and Meta, which all maintain similar policies to protect their transgender users at a time when anti-transgender rhetoric online is leading to real world discrimination and violence,” stated GLAAD president Sarah Ellis in a statement.

I am not surprised given that Elon Musk has taken over and I have to credit him and congratulate him and his colleagues who worked to make twitter a platform where common sense and sanity prevail.

There is no such thing as 'misgendering' and 'deadnaming' and nobody is obliged to pander to the delusions of a tiny group of adults who believe they are the opposite gender and demand others to verify and validate their delusions.

Elon Musk has received criticisms from various individuals and groups but I think he is still one of the most sane billionaires out there, if not the most sane one.

Only a few days ago he obliterated the woke activist and BBC reporter James Clayton who couldn't even define what hate speech is, let alone give examples of the rise of hate speech on twitter as he claimed.

Twitter has restored tens of thousands of accounts including many who have been banned for stating sex is binary and that transwomen are men who shouldn't take part in female sports. They were banned on the basis of bigotry, discrimination, and hate speech.

He has restored the accounts of prominent scientists and medical doctors who didn't go along with the Covid paranoia and were critical of the medical campaign, lockdowns, and vaccines. These accounts were banned for misinformation and disinformation (possibly hate speech)

Twitter has fired a range of woke activists who were operating in the platform as arbiters of truth, i.e fact checkers and moderators. I even made a thread about a fact-checker who was fired, being a trans activist and a transwoman, who banned accounts of members who were stating facts and arguing transwomen athletes should not compete in female sports.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other platforms should follow and adopt similar policies in my opinion.

edit on 19-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

that's a step in the right direction... civil discourse must always be had, no matter the opinion...

but here I am wondering why the honey, something is in the pipes that will not jive well with religious folks...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
"There is no such thing as 'misgendering' and 'deadnaming' and nobody is obliged to pander to the delusions of a tiny group of adults who believe they are the opposite gender and demand others to verify and validate their delusions."

Exactly!!

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
"There is no such thing as 'misgendering' and 'deadnaming' and nobody is obliged to pander to the delusions of a tiny group of adults who believe they are the opposite gender and demand others to verify and validate their delusions."

Exactly!!

Since you agree with me I suppose you are a Trump supporter and right wing conspiracy theorist.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Prior to the move, the platform’s content policy read: “We prohibit targeting others with repeated slurs, tropes or other content that intends to dehumanize, degrade or reinforce negative or harmful stereotypes about a protected category.”

....unless you're a gun owner or Conservative.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Excellent move on Musks part.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Excellent move on Musks part.

It's not the only one.
Take a look at the other moves he made since the moment he took over.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

2nd line.

Targeting conservatives or Christians online and mocking their religion or political ideas is fine on the woke platforms. Nothing new here.

edit on 19-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I guess it's fine wherever now, because free speech cuts both ways, or do you want to be in the protected category, aka snowflakes...
edit on 19-4-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I guess it's fine wherever now, because free speech cuts both ways, or do you want to be in the protected category, aka snowflakes...

There should be no 'protected' category. Especially of a group of people who demand their delusions to be recognised, verified, and validated.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I totally agree

They can have churches though, I'm good with that...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Back to the normal world from 6 years ago, OMG stop, everyone will die

Yawn

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Trannies should start their own social media platform. They could call it "GROOMR"

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

they should start a religion, that will save them from a lot of hassle when it comes to justifying their delusions...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

"stirring controversy among LGBTQ activist organizations that the platform could become an “unsafe” space for transgender individuals."

darn too bad what a shame how will they ever make it oh no

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

that's a step in the right direction... civil discourse must always be had, no matter the opinion...

but here I am wondering why the honey, something is in the pipes that will not jive well with religious folks...

Why do religious people live rent free in your head?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

they don't, they have hell to pay, and damn they're rich

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

2nd line.

We're not a "protected category" because we're normal and don't run around demanding acceptance from everyone.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why do religious people live rent free in your head?

Faith and spiritual peace.

Willfully ignorant secularists can't stand those things.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

oh, thanks for the insight, and also for speaking for me and categorizing me that's so faithful and proof of deep spiritual peace...

I always love it when people project their own limited understanding onto the world around them.

It's very cute...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join