It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter removes woke policy against ‘misgendering’ and ‘deadnaming’ transgender people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Totaly yay...

Oh I see, i mixed up some threads... Sorry...

edit on 19-4-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Mandroid7

Insanity would be to think that your biological gender dictates the gender role installed by society.

It's also insanity to think you could actually change your biological gender.

To equate how one expresses the societal gender role with the biological gender is definetly from a misunderstanding of how psychology and especially mass psychology works.

It's all just pundit news... Where is the proof of that transition, and what did it constitute of?

I have the feeling this is a mother that is very much in her little echo chamber and totally lost touch with the youth today trying to fight the good fight indoctrination her values into her child. Which might be a weirdo mangirl, not feeling comfortable at home at all, hence seeking comfort in her peer group...

I mean... if there are any medical procedures involved, absolutely, that is a total no go. I would totally take my kids out of that school, but were there?

No medical procedures have been involved. Just a range of deluded adults trying to 'support' and convince the child that is now the other gender. Some form of 'counseling' may have involved.
edit on 19-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

But was Miss Fisher a biological female?
edit on 19-4-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Would it matter, if I disrespected her choosen pronoun?

I would still be disrespectful and in some trouble, because the societal norm is such... I don't do Twitter, would it have real life consequences if you'd adress your teacher on Twitter with the wrong name?

I know at school it does, being disrespectful online probably has some backlash too...
edit on 19-4-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

How long ago did you go to school, last year?

When I went through school, 10 ish years ago, my female teachers was referred to as Mrs or Miss.xxx, same for the male teachers, they were Mr.xxx. (and most of the time they all went by their last names anyways, not Mr and/or Mrs/Miss.) They didn't care what you called them as long as you didn't call them an a$$hole.

If we were to meet in public and I said my pronoun was king, would you refer to me as king? Knowing that I am not royalty

That is not misgendering, that is calling it what it is.

Would you call a cat a dog? Would you call an elephant a rhinoceros? Would you say blue is yellow?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"I'm trolling along,
Just trolling along ..."

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

They're fancy ways to say, "Play pretend with me."

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Oh no, the Twitterverse will be enraged 😬

Cheers

Can't be. I thought they all quit cause their stars, er, blue checks were no longer special.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Insanity is thinking that any societal anything should force you attempt to change your tangible biology.

Oh, little Suzy, prefers playing like the boys. Society says she should be one, so let's chemically sterilize her, lop off her breasts, surgically mutilate her genitalia to resemble a male penis, and inject testosterone soshe grows a beard!

How dare her body contradict the Will of Society and its roles!

edit on 19-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I would, if you'd ask me for it.
although i would have to apologize, for laughing out loud anytime I did.
I would feel really bad for not being able to take you serious, no matter if you were royalty or not, i just cant take people serious that want to exert control especially royalty, you'd probably walk away offended...

I don't really care if I offend someone with what I say. I try to be respectful and still try to say what I think. I can adapt my vocabulary to someones wishes if I sense honest discomfort with certain word choices.

But that's just my way of trying to be respectful to others and true to myself.

Some seem to reach the end of their adaptability and the only way to stay true to ones self is to be disrespectful towards others, I'm glad I'm not in their position.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm glad I'm not in their position.

But you are, although you think you are taking the "moral high road," you are doing exactly what you think others are doing, from the opposite position.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So then if you told me you were the opposite gender that you are and I laughed in your face would that be acceptable by the standards of misgendering? (which I find funny that even autocorrect doesn't acknowledge that as a real word)

If you don't care if you offend them then why buy into their delusional ideology and call them something they aren't? You are doing more to hurt them in the long run by making them think that they aren't what they are. Same with a child, if you go for 10 years letting your kid call themselves a dinosaur and don't correct them, then they are going to believe they are a dinosaur.

I guess growing up nobody told you that you didn't matter, so you've grown up now and think your s#it don't stink and you could never be wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

There is no moral high road... And I'm not in the opposite position.

I understand both sides mental shortcomings, that keeps them locked in their respective echo chambers

To me, you both look equally deluded...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Quadrivium
I understand both sides mental shortcomings:

So then you agree that this is all in their head and means absolutely nothing?

Finally we can agree on something

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I usually can determine rather quickly if my word choice creates discomfort, or if it's just an intent of exerting control.

Yes I'm also for calling things what they are and i want to adhere to non changing standards as to what is considered offensive. I still go around calling black people 'n-word's...
i obviously don't because as society we understood the feelings and psychology and adapted our use of language. That's what empathetic beings do...
There were the retards back then too, so you're in good company.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Like you finding offense in it, its all in the head...

Especially feelings, emotions, and psychology... Ultimately that's where we failed miserably as society and its coming to bite hard...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good to know you have resorted to name calling. Not that it meant a lot before but your opinion now means absolutely zero. Good luck in whatever delusion you decide to live in from here on out.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

check the word "Normal"...

what once was normal isn't anymore, and it will never stop. So just because you once were normal doesn't mean you still are. But one thing you can be certain is that you are old, you won't be normal, but you'll be older that has to count for something.

Normal: conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

This is also why we're no longer surprised by the ridiculous projection a lefty throws at their opponents, nor are we shocked at their utter hypocrisy.

lgbt++++++++ isn't normal, neither are safe spaces. Men pretending to be women because they suck at being a man is not normal.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I thought they did that a while back... Just now instituted it?

I like Twitter's role now.

I look at it like this. The woke seeks to rewrite the status quo and usurp the place of Christianity dictating right and wrong. Twitter plays their Satan in invert-o-land.

If the woke is the "new way for everyone", it needs its adversary to trample all over its sensitivities. It needs an entity or effort that attains its spiritual emancipation through doing what will undermine the grand utopian vision not subscribed to.

It's an interesting time. It isn't that often you get to see a moral taboo shift take place. Every 40-60 years or so. Especially with aspired to taboos like "deadnaming", another trans-oriented one. The moral spectrum there is somewhere between, "You're an evil delusional abomination" and "You're an evil intolerant dinosaur."

We are watching the balance point in that spectrum being authoritatively pushed towards the latter. And the holy war resistance that causes.

That said, It's good to see that not all social media companies are behind holding moral monopolies across all online platforms. Cuz that's just fascism.
edit on 19-4-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Actually the joke is on you...

name calling.

You mean this

There were the retards back then too, so you're in good company.

That's fine with me.
I don't judge people personally, just because their use of language offended me...

Conservative is kind of synonym with retard or the contracting force at least in my usage... it's just what the dual forces of expansion and contractions do...
It's an essential part of the whole, melting like snowflakes in the shifting energy patterns, now is really not the time!

No hard feelings about it from my part, stand strong and keep the feelz centred

I actually choose that word very deliberately because it has a societal norm that triggers people to feel offended.

You do adhere to that, expect others to respect that and even go to the lengths of judging somone for offending you...

I realy do understand you because the argument is sound.
the norm however is constantly changing at an accelerated rate, there is no beauty in bitching about it.
there is beauty in adhering to traditions one sees value in, without hindering others to find values in other traditions, or even create one that fits their values.
Both approaches are important to an organically growing society, it's what makes us hold on to what we know but also drives us to seek new impressions. Either one driven to extremes is detrimental to society. It's been a steady declinebut we're far from being in the extrem, we barely went over the zero point...

Sorry for offending you, it was all in the name of science...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join