It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sustained firing heard in Sudanese capital tensions between army and paramilitary forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The sustained firing was heard in the Sudanese capital amid tensions between the army and powerful paramilitary forces

Hell, when is somebody gonna do the 20-verse sequel to Billy Joe's "We Didn't Start the Fire"? Tensions in the Sudan can replace Trouble in the Congo,

Who knows perhaps Bily is a musical prophet because it does seem like the world has been burning since it's been turning. In the past 5 years or so it seems we have been putting out the fire with gasoline. Im not sure Im seeing the world collapse as much as I fell asleep while listening to the 80's playlist on Spotify.

Stil with the CCP snooping around, anytime a nation struggling to find Democracy, after decades of questionable government, has sustained firing in multiple locations you can be fairly sure if they didn't actually finance the insurgency and are pushing the buttons, they soon will be.

The sounds of heavy firing could be heard in a number of areas, including central Khartoum and the neighborhood of Bahri.

Sustained firing broke out in the Sudanese capital Saturday amid simmering tensions between the military and the country’s powerful paramilitary forces.

The sounds of heavy firing could be heard in a number of areas, including central Khartoum and the neighbourhood of Bahri.

In a series of statements, the Rapid Support Forces militia accused the army of attacking its forces at one of its bases in south Khartoum and claimed they had seized the city’s airport and “completely controlled” Khartoum’s Republican Palace, the seat of the country’s presidency.

The group also said it seized an airport and airbase in the northern city of Marawi, some 215 miles northwest of Khartoum. The Associated Press was unable to verify those claims.

In a separate statement Saturday, the Sudanese Army said the fighting broke out after RSF troops tried to attack its forces in the southern part of the capital. In a later statement, the military declared the RSF a “rebel force,” describing the paramilitary’s statements as “lies.”

The clashes came as tensions between the military and the RSF have escalated in recent months, forcing a delay in the signing of an internationally backed deal with political parties to revive the country’s democratic transition.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Unconfirmed report also that some captured Egyptian soldiers in Sudan and Egyptian air force planes....

At least several Egyptian Air Force MiG-29s appear to have been captured by RSF forces when Marawi Airport and presumably Khartoum Airport were taken.

There have been reports throughout the day of some captured Egyptian soldiers in Sudan. Waiting for confirmation from Egyptian sources.

If something happen to those Egyptian soldiers there , it`s quite safe to say Egypt will send army ?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

While ATS isn't booting real quick s&f.

I got the notification via Flightradar24 about Air traffic being cancelled or diverted around Sudan entirely.

Stil with the CCP snooping around

I had to double check where Djibouti is in comparison. Pretty far but not.

If I don't respond, it's because I keep getting booted from ATS. 👍

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Thanks for the information, now Im gonna check some of the military strategies think tanks to see if this was predicted possibly beforehand.

Been kind of watching and I don't recall it being a potential hot spot but there are so many of these and each has there own approaches and places of interest.

FWIW CSIS lists Sudan here in reference to being a debtor nation to China, also FWIW we cant discount the west's involvement here either

China’s rise as a creditor, its use of state-owned enterprises, and secrecy regarding its lending agreements have made today’s debt less transparent. Skepticism of the Chinese development finance model has compounded as nine countries are currently classified by the IMF as “in debt distress.” At least seven– Congo (Brazzaville), Grenada, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, Zambia, and Zimbabwe– have faced significant trouble with Chinese debt.

Proposed solutions from the international community in response to these debt crises have thus far been ineffective. For example, the G20’s Common Framework for Debt Treatment was intended to prevent default by providing relief based on the debtor’s ability to repay, but the first countries requesting debt assistance have faced a burdensome process

www.csis.org...
edit on 15-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

While ATS isn't booting real quick s&f.

I got the notification via Flightradar24 about Air traffic being cancelled or diverted around Sudan entirely.

Stil with the CCP snooping around

I had to double check where Djibouti is in comparison. Pretty far but not.

If I don't respond, it's because I keep getting booted from ATS. 👍

FWIW ATS is slow for me too.

Sudan It's definitely popping though, sounds as if China is friendly with the existing government as far as exports, we can't rule out western interests' involvement on the opposite side.

1.2.3.4 I declare another proxy war, how close are China and Egypt? One could easily assume if China was miffed about the US's involvement in Ukraine would they support an Egyptian move on the Sudan, inquiring minds want to know

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
At the end of this road some major cabal of military players will be enriched and poised to suck more life out the Sudanese people.

This reeks of "economic hit man" domain. But then, I am no expert in the area of Sudanese and which nations (or 'parties') have claimed a stake in their future.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Dont Sudan and Egypt have some different views about the river nile dam, if i remember right . Not that it would be related to this current situation in any way.

China has Chinese People's Liberation Army Support Base quite near Sudan :

Chinese People's Liberation Army Support Base

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw on the news jets bombing Khartoum?

I was wondering, who's jets were they?

Anyone can tell me?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Same as our pos government has been doing with soros funds. The signs have been there just like the rest. These patterns are so obviouse especially with the media and censorship. Satanism requiring a breadtrail is proving closer to the truth unless we or them are just not that bright.

They need south Africa and south America by the trend of conspiracies being accurate.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
I saw on the news jets bombing Khartoum?

I was wondering, who's jets were they?

Anyone can tell me?

They were Sudanese MIGS who are allied with Russia, it looks as if the paramilitary are saying they control the airport and Presidential Palace if Im following correctly

twitter.com...

www.msn.com...

www.msn.com...
edit on 15-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This might add something to the Sudan issue ?

Russia is plundering gold in Sudan to boost Putin’s war effort in Ukraine
edit on 17-4-2023 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join